GolfSpy STUDque

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! SKYCADDIE SX400 GPS

• Name and Location? Ryan Hanley; Chicago, IL
  • How do you currently get your yardages? A number of tools including: a Buschnell Tour V4 range finder, Game Golf system, sprinkler head, and in cart GPS.   
  • How do you feel about technology's relationship with golf? Embrace anything that will give more accurate distances, and analytics to better help me understand my game. 

• Aubrey, Berwyn, PA
  • sprinkler heads and golf gps/tag heuer app on my phone
  • I think tech has helped me shoot lower scores. I use it for "ish measurements" and distances to trouble. 

1. Kyle - Indiana

2. Yardmarkers on the course and when my battery holds up app on  my dying iphone

3. I love the technology improvements, GPS has been awesome for golf when it is on the cart it is great

• Name and Location
    • Keith Busch, Seattle, WA
  • How do you currently get your yardages?
    • Arcoss and Watch
  • How do you feel about technology's relationship with golf?
    • I love it and wish there were more!

• Name and Location
    • Calvin Lo / Baltimore, MD
  • How do you currently get your yardages?
    • I know my distances from my golf lessons and I usually play at my country club which I know very well. If I play elsewhere I just ask my buddy what club he's hitting and go off that. 
  • How do you feel about technology's relationship with golf?
    • I love it considering I get lessons from Golftec...

i currently use the original Bushnell V2.

I would love to be able to use GPS technology.

Mike Morgan

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

• Name and Location: Sonny Nguyen. Portland Oregon
  • How do you currently get your yardages? on line apps via phone
  • How do you feel about technology's relationship with golf? I like to use it

• Jeff, Southlake TX
  • My golf buddy's Bushnell, the on-course markers, or I just eyeball it
  • Technology and precise yardages probably help the more serious, competitive golfers more than recreational players. I just try to get an approximate yardage and "feel" the right shot. Gotta keep the pace of play moving. 😉 

This thread reminds me of a funny Ben Hogan story. Apparently, Ben was playing a casual round at Shady Oaks with a more talkative type who constantly asked him, "What'd you hit, Mr. Hogan?" Exasperated, he finally threw down two additional balls, hit two more shots into the green from the same spot, and responded, "I hit a 7-iron, a 6, and an 8!"

Caroline Bird

River Oaks, Houston.

Get yardage mainly by pacing from 100, 150,  200 markers on the course.

have tried phone apps and playing partners lasers but have found they can slow the pace of play 

I have been a SkyCaddie happy user for many years. I started with an SGX, then a Touch, now an SX500 (early adopter). I have been mostly pleased with the SX500. No issues on the course, the screen is readable in any light, yardage is good. The only problem is with charging. The proprietary USB plug is difficult to insert, and you don't dare do much wiggling. My charging port failed, and I got a replacement under warranty.

I would to try the SX400 to see if it measures up to the SX500, and if they have improved the charging port/USB plug. It would be so much better with the new USB-C port.

I have a feeling there's a few people that have misread the eligibility for this one!

For those that don't use anything - this is a great opportunity and will change your game! Looking forward to readgin these reviews.

Good Luck to all of those who enter this one!  I have the SX500 & it's a dream to use.  Makes finding distances quick & easy.  Find distances to hazards is just a move of the finger away.  

-Matt from Spotsylvania, VA

-I currently use a low grade laser range finder 

-I think their should be technology use in golf because if used properly it can speed up pace of play and lead better positioning around the course.

• Name and Location- Joe C Silver Spring Maryland and Charlotte North Carolina 
  • How do you currently get your yardages?  Range finder from top brand that jolts when it contacts the pin 
  • How do you feel about technology's relationship with golf?  I think there is a solid need especially for yardage.  I think the apps are not great you get on smartphones hince why I use a range finder.  I think the most important thing is to find something that you like, use it and it only, and that will keep your results consistent.  

• Aaron Kennon, Lynchburg Virginia
  • I currently use a Garmin Approach S6.
  • I think technology is only helping me. I will say knowing yardage to the front middle and back in nice. Before my S6 I would walk everything off and make some educated guesses. Now I am hitting a lot more greens. I am not in too deep into the technology yet but the more I poke around the more it seems to help me play better. 

• Aaron Kennon, Lynchburg Virginia
  • I currently use a Garmin Approach S6.
  • I think technology is only helping me. I will say knowing yardage to the front middle and back in nice. Before my S6 I would walk everything off and make some educated guesses. Now I am hitting a lot more greens. I am not in too deep into the technology yet but the more I poke around the more it seems to help me play better. 

Steve - Trussville, AL

Fairway Markers, playing partners with rangefinders, guessing

Technology is great and getting better all the time

I would love to test one of these GPS units. I've been thinking of buying one for a while now and this would be a great way to get a really good one, " I think" and have a chance to test it at the same time for other golfers out there. 

My playing partner has an older model of the same brand so it would be fun and interesting to compare this new model to his older one. His is the older SGX W that is at least 5 or more years old. I play to a 6 handicap and it might be interesting to see if it gets a little lower with this new GPS unit helping me with more accurate yardages on the course. 

Edited by IONEPUTT
Add a few things.

• Mark, Phoenix, AZ
  • Name and Location
  • Arccoss and subtraction
  • great improvement
  •