GolfSpy STUDque

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! SKYCADDIE SX400 GPS

Our Sponsors

Joe    Punta Gorda Fl                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              I have Bushnell  Laser S-1                                                                                                                                                                                 

All good

Robert E 

Jenkins KY 

bushnell Hybrid , Foresight quad for indoor and outdoors . 

The tech I use is basically my caddie , it helps me with course strategy, club selection tee to green . On the practice range it can shows me my weaknesses as well as my strengths . True gap testing is a lot easier when using technology. The better the caddie/tech the better my scores .

JP Saylor, Lynchburg, VA

Phone app or friend with laser range finder

Love it!

Bob from germantown, wisconsin.

Currently I pace yardages.

Technology is definitely great for golf. Game improvement clubs definitely has made the game more enjoyable. 

Getting yardages instantly will speed up my play and the green view looks great. Hopefully I will see breaks in the green I didn't see before. 

Thanks for the opportunity to be a tester.

I currently use a Swamp GPS where but is not always accurate. Love to try some new technology.

Glenn

Mount Pleasant, SC

Clayton Conine, Corinth, TX, I use markers and sprinkler heads.  I think technology advances are good and I look forward to using it...

Just a reminder to all those entering that this opportunity is for golfers who don't currently use a GPS/Range Finder etc... for distances.  If that requirement is relaxed at some point then I'll throw my hat in the ring.  I have and still use one of the original SkyCaddie SG5's, but have gone through my fair share of tech from GPS APPS on my phone, ARCCOS to Nikon/Bushnell/Precision Pro Range finders.

MDGolfHacker

Kent Williams 

Greenville,  PA 

Right now I just used the good old "that looks like about x yards". Sometimes it is ok, a lot of times not so good.

I think technology has its place in golf as long as it follows the rules. I have been thinking about getting some type of gps or rangefinder. But, still haven't made the move.

Edited by Willie13
Mistake on location

Kevin, Honolulu

I get my yardages by guessing and using yardage markers. 

I think technology is great for the game. 

Kerry Cole --- Huntsville, AL

Presently use the Voice Buddy 

I love the way technology has enabled golfers to excel in their game.. instant feedback is paramount to get better.. 

Best to all who try this item.. 

• Jim Roseville, CA
  • Laser Range Finder
  • I value the relationship if it makes golf more enjoyable for the general public.

• Doug - Hazeltine, Chaska, MN
  • Range finder - Sprinkler heads. Use a Skycaddie for several years but found the range finder better as the old Skycaddie didn't provide enough green surround detail
  •  I am positve with technolgy. Adds interest, precision and SAVES time.

Karlton   Aurora, IL

Bushnell v4 slope, various iPhone apps, traditional yardage books

Tech is a great upgrade to yardage books.  I want to use a stand alone device, which improves reading yardage books and this SkyCaddie looks to fit the part.

Todd

Baton Rouge Louisiana

currenty use Shotscope V2

Golf needs more Tech in helping us to get better.

Lou, Tucson, AZ

Usually, since I  almost always walk, I get my yardage from sprinkler head yardage markers in the fairways, as well as the standard 200, 150 and 100 plates/markers .  However, really enjoy the carts with yardage markers on courses with which I am not familiar.  But, depth of greens can often be hard to determine -- could be one or two clubs.  That's where these devices are more helpful.

Technology has definitely improved the golf experience, from club and ball selection, swing analysis to yardage devices.  However, the expense of all these technologies reduces the cost/benefit ratio.   

• Jeff, Southlake TX
  • My friend's Bushnell, yardage markers, and the golf cart's GPS
  • Exact yardages can help proficient ball-strikers. For me, it helps to know if the flag is on the front or back of the green and its depth. I can then approach high or low.

I can't remember if I posted here earlier. My apologies if this is a duplicate.

Edited by J.B. TexasEx

• Joe Galbreth - Shelbyville, TN
  • Golf Buddy V2
  • All for evolving technolog.... especially for us amateurs

Good luck Spy testers.......I'm still in hibernation in Massachusetts...couldn't give much of a test if I was chosen.....while I'm here Happy New Year to my fellow Golf Spyers !!!!!!