GolfSpy STUDque

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! SKYCADDIE SX400 GPS

• Ian Britton Clayton, NC
  • I find the 150 marker and guesstimate from there 
  • I think anything short of swinging the club for you should be welcome. All the range finders, ball technology, and club head improvements don't eliminate the player. If it helps make the game more accessible and less intimidating to new-comers than I am all for it

Kevin in Sacramento, CA

Currently I just look for yardage markers and "guesstimate" where I am

I think technology plays a huge role in golf, like all other sports, whether people like it or not. Using technology in any form, from equipment to apparel, allows golfers of all skill levels to have the opportunity for improvement. For myself, I would love the chance to test a SkyCaddie. One of my biggest weaknesses in my game is ending up short on approach shots. This would be a very interesting analysis of my game and how a single change in equipment could make a big impact.

Juro / California

SkyCaddie Touch & Bushnell Tour V3 Rangefinder

Golf GPS and Rangefinder became necessities to avid golfers like myself who play more than 50 rounds a year. I'd love to find out how accurate and reliable SkyCaddie SX400 is by comparing to its previous model and rangefinder I always use. My opinion will be sharp and very accurate!

Ryan Greenhall

Melrose, NY

I currently use 18 birdies on my phone 

I love technology as long as it works. If it is a good quality I want it. 

Paul - Memphis, TN

I currently use my laser range finder.

I feel like depending upon how useful the technology is, it could most likely benefit your game. Plus the way today's game is moving, everything is going to be technological in one way or another.

Matty Jenkins. Kauai, Hawaii

I use 18Birdies on my phone

After 15 years of not playing, (after being a scratch player), I’m taking golf seriously again. I’m using accurate yardages to dial my game in, especially the short game thanks to Dave Pelz short game bible. I’d love to use this sky caddie product here in the Islands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom. Camdenton Missouri 

yardage markers on the course

okay with technology in golf, the more information the easier it makes it to play

(10) TESTERS WANTED: SKYCADDIE SX400 GPS

There are far more people out there still using flip-phones than one might think. Call them traditionalists or Luddites, there's always a contingent happy to eschew technological advancements in favor of a more orthodox approach.
In golf parlance, this group tends to be feel players and might be overheard describing a shot as " a three-fingered 7-iron."
That aside, the merits of distance-measuring devices can't be ignored and if you've been looking for a reason to experience it first-hand, this might be just the opportunity.

sx400_device_500x500_02.jpg.2f83c48658be4212c1bd45a57ef7a4ff.jpg

Testers Wanted

We're looking for 10 golfers who don't currently use any sort of distance-measuring device (GPS, rangefinder) to test, review, and keep SkyCaddie's new SX400 GPS.  As you know, MyGolfSpy takes its product testing very seriously. All of our reader reviews are published in our Community Forum. We expect a lot from our reviewers – writing a thorough, detailed, and honest review is a commitment, requiring extensive on-course work as well as participation in the Forum itself to answer questions and discuss product performance with other golfers.

That means to be a potential reviewer, you must be a registered member of the MyGolfSpy Community Forum, where you’ll find thousands of like-minded golfers from all over the world anxious to talk about golf equipment.

C5722F89-227D-4B0A-83EB-64DF140B8FDD.png.c35ad69da04089254a1ff5dd64243a44.png

This opportunity is open to golfers residing in the US with access to outdoor testing.  To apply to test and review a SkyCaddie SX400 GPS, reply to this thread with the following information:

• Name and Location
  • How do you currently get your yardages?
  • How do you feel about technology's relationship with golf?

Matt
KC, MO
Sprinkler heads
Imperative relationship

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

12 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

There are far more people out there still using flip-phones than one might think. Call them traditionalists or Luddites, there's always a contingent happy to eschew technological advancements in favor of a more orthodox approach.

In golf parlance, this group tends to be feel players and might be overheard describing a shot as " a three-fingered 7-iron."

That aside, the merits of distance-measuring devices can't be ignored and if you've been looking for a reason to experience it first-hand, this might be just the opportunity.

sx400_device_500x500_02.jpg

Testers Wanted

We're looking for 10 golfers who don't currently use any sort of distance-measuring device (GPS, rangefinder) to test, review, and keep SkyCaddie's new SX400 GPS.  As you know, MyGolfSpy takes its product testing very seriously. All of our reader reviews are published in our Community Forum. We expect a lot from our reviewers – writing a thorough, detailed, and honest review is a commitment, requiring extensive on-course work as well as participation in the Forum itself to answer questions and discuss product performance with other golfers.

That means to be a potential reviewer, you must be a registered member of the MyGolfSpy Community Forum, where you’ll find thousands of like-minded golfers from all over the world anxious to talk about golf equipment.

C5722F89-227D-4B0A-83EB-64DF140B8FDD.png

This opportunity is open to golfers residing in the US with access to outdoor testing.  To apply to test and review a SkyCaddie SX400 GPS, reply to this thread with the following information:

• Name and Location

Rick Hollar Hickory, NC I usually rely heavily on the on course markers and guess from there. Technology has come so far I have been wanting to buy something that tells yardage but I just get confused with so many products out there to choose from. This looks easy and compact to use so I would love to try it out.

• Like 1

• Name and Location-Madison, Indiana
  •  
  • How do you currently get your yardages?-I currently use what is posted at the course
  • How do you feel about technology's relationship with golf-I think technology is vital in assisting the everyday amateur in advancing his game
  • i have never used technology in my game because I wanted to perfect my swing. There is no point in knowing yardage until you know your yardage with you clubs. Thankfully I now have a good swing to where gps would be beneficial

13 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sx400_device_500x500_02.jpg

Testers Wanted

C5722F89-227D-4B0A-83EB-64DF140B8FDD.png

• Name and Location

Eddie Verrills - Denver, CO

Currently get yardage’s from looking at nearest springler head and walking off yardage’s (then minusing/adding to account for front or back pin). 

I never believed in using range finders or gps because I thought it took away from the traditions of golf. However when used in a timely manner (and I think they can make rounds faster when playing courses for the first time) I can appreciate that you can start to understand the difference between hitting a distance with a chosen club vs not knowing if it was a poor shot or misreading a distance.

I strongly value MGS and have chosen irons (mixuno 919 forged) and wedges (ping glides) based of the most wanted testing. 

Roseville, CA and I use GolfShot on my phone.

:callaway-small: Epic Flash 5° with ADiZ 8

:callaway-small:X-Forged Irons KBS C-Taper 2i-PW

:callaway-small:Mac Daddy Wedges 54° 58° 64°

:scotty-small:New Port 2

:Snell:MTB-X

Lay ups are for basketball!

2i is my fav club!

Ryan Conley- Hermosa Beach, CA

Stationary Markers (sprinkler heads, 150x, etc) & previous round cards

I love what good technology can do for golf; I think it can improve the rate of play and help players be more consistent.

Edited by RyCo

Luca Djelosevic Seattle, WA

Typically will ask my playing partner or use the Yardage sticks.

i feel tech in golf is very important from the clubs down to koozies. I’ve not splurged on any gps or range finder since I am a budget golfer. If I ever find a deal on something that performs well I likely will buy it. Tech advances the game and helps with courses you normally don’t play. Yardages are very important in golf so I’m sure the tech helps everyone dial in! 

🍻 

Darrell West Mobile, AL

i use markers supplied on the course. Markers, sprinkler head distances and fairway plaques.

i love technology and feel it has a great place in the game. I have discovered I usually play better without knowing exact distances.

Name and Location: Benoit Willocq, NY

I get my yardage with a laser but I am missing the distance front and back of the green since I would record a better score aiming for the middle of the green; as a meticulous player, I would personally benefit from seeing clearly the green on a screen with all distances. 

The technology relationship with golf: I love technology and think that a laser/gps helps a lot. Before coming from Europe to the US, I was often playing with a friend who did not want to use a laser... I tested him several times and he was often underestimating at least 1 club...

While laser/gps and technology are becoming key, golf remains a  sport of feel when executing the shot, in my humble opinion.

I would be glad to test this product since I would like to measure the real impact of this precise tool on my game.

Thank you for the opportunity,

Benoit

Brian K
California
Laser
I believe that technology is one of the few things that are evolving in golf.

Brian K
Orange County CA
Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Steve Holloway    Las Vegas, Nevada

yardages of golf cart gps

Technology such as skycaddie garmin etc is fine for yardage and hole layout. I think it speeds up play and helps on holes that may have blind landing areas. I don’t think they should be used to help select clubs or adjust for elevation  

D.J. Shrope
Los Angeles

I gestimate distance with my eyes, duh.

Tech is good in moderation when it doesn’t distract you or slow your pace.