TESTERS ANNOUNCED! SKYCADDIE SX400 GPS

Our Sponsors

Ryan , Central Wisconsin

- For yardage I usually rely on the people I play with. A majority of them have range finders, and I want to eventually get some form of gps/rangefinder.

I think for your average player they are great, speeding up the pace of play. Also helping you improve your game by getting your familiar with your clubs yardage. 

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(10) TESTERS WANTED: SKYCADDIE SX400 GPS There are far more people out there still using flip-phones than one might think. Call them traditionalists or Luddites, there's always a contingent happy

Not if that's your application. 🤔    

TESTERS ANNOUNCED: Testing the SkyCaddie SX400 will be: @SteddyGolf @gregh729 @Will_the_thrill @Quigleyd @gobama84 @CarlH @JohnSmalls @TR1

Posted Images

• Ben Doan Pasadena MD
  • I usually get my yardage by using the devices that my friends have when we go out for a golf outing.
  • I personally like using technology to allow us to see the data in way which allows us to see the area's we may need to work on improving more. That being said I think that the technology needs to be designed in a way which allows for minimum impact to the pace of the game. 

:callaway-small: Rouge 10.5

:tour-edge: 3 Wood

:tour-edge: 4 & 5 Hybrid

:tour-edge: 6-9 Irons

:callaway-small: MD3 46degree

:ping-small: Sand Wedge

:odyssey-small: EXO 2-ball slant stroke lab putter

• Name and Location = Dennis - Beautiful New Jersey
  • How do you currently get your yardages? = I use a combination of the yardage markings painted on the cart path along with scorecard
  • How do you feel about technology's relationship with golf? = I am open to trying new technology for game improvement . I record my swings at the driving range and have a  swing speed radar device to measure my  swing speed at the range. This device has helped me a lot. Looking forward to expanding my use of technology on  the course. Hoping to  use technology to improve course management.  

Driver:   :callaway-small: GBB Epic 10.5 Project X HZRDUS T800 55 Graphite
3h:   :callaway-small:  Rouge X  Aldila Synergy 60 HYB X Graphite  
Irons 5-PW:   :callaway-small: Rouge X  Aldila Synergy 60IR Graphite
Wedges:   :callaway-small: Mack Daddy 4 60* Fujikara 95 Graphite
Putter:    :odyssey-small:  O-WORKS BLACB #1 WIDE

Tim Webb - Fort Wayne, Indiana

I typically use a rangefinder, this past season I have used the SkyCaddie Touch. 

I like seeing the technology advancement in golf. Instant feedback can only help all handicappers continue to grow their game. Being able to go to new courses and have indications of hazards and layout in real time is incredible. 

Edited by Tswebb
Following question format that I missed originally.
  • Name and Location

Scott, Suffolk, Virginia

• How do you currently get your yardages?

Android app (mostly 18 Birdies, sometimes GolfPad)

• How do you feel about technology's relationship with golf?

Really like it (I have a tech background) where it can help the game.

Paul Donahue, Blue Bell, Pa

Bushnell V3 and SwingU app

technology’s relationship with golf is complicated. I am all for technology that helps players while not slowing them down.  There is too much technology that people use poorly and helps add to pace of play issues, GPS and rangefinders are not one of them.

• Name and Location - Robert Tartaglia NJ/Florida
  • How do you currently get your yardages? - Laser and or Android golf app
  • How do you feel about technology's relationship with golf? - very strongly, particularly stats used for comparisons and game improvement. 

Chris A.  Valencia, CA

Currently use both a Bushnell range finder and Golfshot GPS application on my iPhone

I have no issue with technology, I find the golf shot application most helpful on cart path only days, as I can change the sorting point of the shot to get a better gauge of distance without being near my ball.

Larry Pittsburg KS

Don't use anything but my fading eyesight

being recently retired and wanting to play some different courses, this would be very helpful.  I have to have some type of edge on my golfing buddies!  Golf tech has come a long way, and it’s helpful to the average guy.

Bill-Missouri

Currently use a Range Finder

Tech is great                                                                                                                                                                            There are times when your in a position that you are unable to shoot a flag for yardage because of obstructions, a good GPS would work great for that!

Ping G410 Plus, Graphite Design VR5 Reg Flex 

Ping G410 Woods 3 and 7

Ping G410 Hybrids 4 and 5

Ping G410 Irons 6 thru PW

Ping Glide 2.0 Wedge, Bent to 46* 12* Bounce SS (bent to 48*) and 52* 12* Bounce SS                                                          Ping Glide Forged Custom  56*-10*

Scotty Cameron 5s 34"

• Name and Location Joe M central Florida
  • How do you currently get your yardages? Bushnell range finder
  • How do you feel about technology's relationship with golf?  Very open to it. Not only for speed of play but, helping out with errant shots when flag or trouble is out of view.
  • GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! SKYCADDIE SX400 GPS
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic