GolfSpy STUDque

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! SKYCADDIE SX400 GPS

Our Sponsors

Tim - South Carolina

Great opportunity and I’ve not been prejudiced by any other device. I’m still an old school “dead reckoning” guy using only my step count and course markers.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I had been a Callaway uPro user for years. My uPro finally died earlier this season. I’ve experimented with several phone apps but have not been truly satisfied. Hopefully I’ll be chose to test the SX400. I’ve missed having a reliable GPS yardage!  

• Name and Location >>  Barry Bryant; Cape Cod, Massachusetts
  • How do you currently get your yardages?  >>  Laser Range Finder (Leupold)
  • How do you feel about technology's relationship with golf?  >>  It Is a great addition for the "Modern Golfer"  Information is King...

Titleist 909 D3 Driver

Titleist 910 3WD

Titleist 910 5WD

Titleist  3-pw 710 CB irons, Project X 6.0

Vokey 52* with Project X 5.5

Vokey 58" with Project X 5.5

Odyssey #9 Black series

Titleist PRO-V1 High numbers Golf Ball

PING L8 Stand Bag (old but GREAT)

Right Handed 13 HDCP (getting better everyday!)

David Richard Church Point, Louisiana 

I use a range finder and 18birdies app

I love the idea of expanding tech in golf. I feel like some tech can be too honest, and it hurts the ego of golfers. You know the ones that think they hit it 300,  but actually only hit it 225. I personally want the tech to give me accurate information, that way I can know where my game needs the work.

Ronald in Missouri

I use an app on my smart phone for yardages

I think technology is great to hone in on yardages, slope, hazards, etc on the course. It is especially useful in club fitting and swing adjustments at the indoor range on a simulator.

I will be playing 3 days a week in Florida this winter. So I will be able to give a lot of feedback. 

Don from Fairview, PA

I use a TecTecTec rangefinder. I am not a big fan of it because it is hard to get the yardages. I think the Skycaddie is a much better way to get yardages especially if you are playing a new course. Technology  speeds up play and has helped me hit more greens. I would love to test this out as we are going to Arizona for 3 months. That would be a perfect place to test this.

Dan, NM, i use yardage books so can also jot down my own notes. I’m iffy and wonder if it’s better, the same or harder to use. 

I have been using a garmin s20 and a precision pro NX7 Pro slope to get my numbers.  I would like to find something that could give me more information especially on the new courses I play weekly; courses that I really don't know what is around the bend and how far to carry for a particular spot on the course.  I am a visual person and this looks like it might be a really great fit for my golfing needs and those looking for the same visual information.  

Kyle from Baton Rouge, LA.

Currently rely on yardage stakes & sprinkler heads. Never owned anything electronic.

I think the integration of technology into the game is great, especially on a device separate from our phones (don't use my phone at all during a round). I've never enjoyed swinging a club with a watch on my wrist, so that eliminates some of the new GPS watches for me as well. Overall, us amateur guys need as much help as we can get with club selection, why not have it at our fingertips?

Bob    The Villages,FL

If I'm not playing with someone that has a DMD, I rely on golf course measurements such as 200, 150 and 100 yard markers and gut feel.

Play 100+ rounds per year. Would love to test it and see if it helps my game.

I think the DMD's speed up the pace of play. Thank you for the chance to bring me out of the dark ages.

Edited by bobdeibel
Spelling

Helmut, from Burke, Virginia

SX500 which it too large and the micro USB charging port broke.

Fully believe technology should be applied to game enhancement and improvement. Even if just for pace of play.

Steve 

kentucky

yardage sticks on the course

play with a friend that uses a electronic yardage finder not sure of the brand but it is a big help makes club selection a lot easier.

• Name and Location
  • How do you currently get your yardages?
  • How do you feel about technology's relationship with golf?

Marine Joe  (Joe Kipper)

multiple Garmin devices

A tendency to slow down play if people do not know how to operate the device, otherwise, speeds up golf greatly

Dave, Tampa, FL

I ask my buddies that have technology with them.

Tech is fine, we still have to hit the shots, and it's available to all golfers.

Thanks

Dave :rolleyes:

• Hi: My name is Rob and I will be in FL til May playing two courses 
  • The two courses are marked with sprinklers but when I am off fairways it is a pain to find a head
  • I feel that technology can help improve our enjoyment of the game by giving us more accurate information as well as speeding up a round

Stephen-peoria, IL

Currently use a Bushnell scope

i think technology has drastically improved the game over the last decade. From better clubs and balls, more adjustablility to quicker play with GPS/scopes etc.

Patrick Hardy - Orange County, CA

I currently use sprinkler heads and yardage markers. I just recently started trying to use apps on my iPhone / Apple Watch, but they didn’t seem to be too fast or accurate. This resulted in some very bad club choices and some very frustrating days on the course. 

I am really excited to see tech and golf working together and thin that there absolutely is a place for tech in the game of golf. It is similar to making coffee for me. You want to have the most consistency that you can. So if I can figure out my distance and I know how I hit the ball from a certain distance then I have a better chance of scoring low.

1. Michael Hartman. Aurora, Colorado. With just getting back into golf with in that last year, this summer was my first season back. I realied on sprinkler heads and other golfers for distance and just plain dead reconning. I just wanted the distance to the front of the green as I shoot for the center of said green 90 percent of the time. I believe that technology in golf is a great thing for the newbies and average golfer alike. Knowing distance is important information that will help to lower your score. After all, that's what we are looking for right. Mike,  Aurora, CO