GolfSpy STUDque

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! SKYCADDIE SX400 GPS

Our Sponsors

Todd L from Baton Rouge Louisiana

currently use ShotScope

Best tech update in the last few years for all golfers.

Nancy, San Diego

Educated guess off the markers and/or sometimes on the cart, if using

It definitely has changed the way golf is played, analyzed and perfected

a. Ladies Flex/10-12 degrees loft/25"-27" (male equivalent)

b. Adjustable/Ladies Flex (male equivalent)

c. Right-Handed

d. San Diego

e. -18

Hi Ya. Myrtle golf here.  I use some gps installed on carts and have a old Garmin wrist devise.  I normally look at the ground markers and then look at the target.  I base my club selection mostly on eye sight as it relates to the lie of the ball.  If the marker indicates 150 yards, I look at the flag and determine by sight if it will play longer or shorter.  After all as a 13 handicapper 5 yards aint that big of a deal for me.  As we all know the vast majority of players come up short on their approach shots, so for me sight helps me determine what club I actually should hit.  Most of the time I will come up somewhere pin high if I get it in the club face.  

This test will help me and many others to determine if the devise can eliminate that "just short" shot by providing total carry to desired target, best place to miss target and probably just as important best target off the tee.

• Name and Location : Duncan in St Louis, MO
  • How do you currently get your yardages?  Garmin product
  • How do you feel about technology's relationship with golf?  Great for non-professionals.  I would not want to make their golf life any easier.  lol

Charles, Massachusetts

Laser Range Finder

This is the kind of technoIogy that aids in keeping the game moving along. I would love to give this new SkyCaddie a whirl and find out what it can do.  Thank you for the opportunity.

Charles Bartholomew

Michael Mahoney- Rocklin, CA.

i currently use a laser range finder and also markers if I’m behind trees or if I can’t get a straight line of sight.

im in favor of technology on the golf course.  We have it in everyday life so why not on the course.  I think it helps speed up the game. 

On 12/13/2019 at 4:34 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

(10) TESTERS WANTED: SKYCADDIE SX400 GPS

There are far more people out there still using flip-phones than one might think. Call them traditionalists or Luddites, there's always a contingent happy to eschew technological advancements in favor of a more orthodox approach.

In golf parlance, this group tends to be feel players and might be overheard describing a shot as " a three-fingered 7-iron."

That aside, the merits of distance-measuring devices can't be ignored and if you've been looking for a reason to experience it first-hand, this might be just the opportunity.

sx400_device_500x500_02.jpg

Testers Wanted

We're looking for 10 golfers who don't currently use any sort of distance-measuring device (GPS, rangefinder) to test, review, and keep SkyCaddie's new SX400 GPS.  As you know, MyGolfSpy takes its product testing very seriously. All of our reader reviews are published in our Community Forum. We expect a lot from our reviewers – writing a thorough, detailed, and honest review is a commitment, requiring extensive on-course work as well as participation in the Forum itself to answer questions and discuss product performance with other golfers.

That means to be a potential reviewer, you must be a registered member of the MyGolfSpy Community Forum, where you’ll find thousands of like-minded golfers from all over the world anxious to talk about golf equipment.

C5722F89-227D-4B0A-83EB-64DF140B8FDD.png

This opportunity is open to golfers residing in the US with access to outdoor testing.  To apply to test and review a SkyCaddie SX400 GPS, reply to this thread with the following information:

• Name and Location
  • How do you currently get your yardages?
  • How do you feel about technology's relationship with golf?

Rick Corbin Sacramento, CA   My partner supplies me with the distance. I think it makes the game more enjoyable.

Carl Harsch

Medford, Oregon

Currently use a Bushnell rangefinder for yardages

I'm a technology geek with respects to golf.  I think it's had tremendous effects on the game and will continue to do so.  I love technology for finding the gear that works best for me and for helping me work on my own game.

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Dan

Fishers, Indiana 

I left my rangefinder on a cart at the end of last season. No one ever turned it in. For the remainder of the year I walked off distances. 

I believe, like everything else, tech can help your golf game tremendously. There are a ton of gadgets out there to help with every facet of your game. At the end of it though, it’s just you, the club, the ball, and the course. That’s what makes golf so special. 

Tom, Tennessee

I do have a laser but too many of the courses I play are hilly with dog legs,and blind shots. Looking to move into something different like the skycaddie. Are you sure you dont want to open this up to players that want to change what they currently use?

I think that technology is great for the average player and speeds up the game. Let's face it how many of us remember looking around  for sprinkler heads, a special bush for markers or bird houses and then pacing off the distance between them and your ball. How much time has been saved on every hole times four players. Technology is great, embrace it. 

Driver, Ping G400 11* SR Flex

3 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 17*  R Flex

5 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 19* R Flex

Hybrid, Cobra Amp 24* R Flex

Irons, Sub 70 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

Wedges, Cleveland CBX 56* & 60*

Putter, Odyssey Marksman Fang 35"

Brian Nolensville, TN

Currently use course markings

Technology can only improve golf

Dan Corun /  Alabama

Sprinkler Heads and Stakes

I'm old school, but knowing my exact yardages would help my overall game and what to work on.

Driver  - Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 10.5 * Miyazaki Kua 5 / R Flex

FW - Sub70 Pro 4 wood 16.5 * Project X HL / R Flex

Irons - Cleveland Launcher CBX 4-PW Miyazaki Kua 6 / R Flex

Wedges - Cleveland Launcher CBX 50* & 54* Rolex Wedge Flex

Putter - Cleveland Frontline Elevado 35 "

Ball - On Core Elixer

I play golf three times a week (sometimes 4) even in the winter months.  Have always used a measuring device and found them to be very accurate.  Would love to test this product as I have been using Sky Caddie equipment for quite a while.

Would love to test the sky caddy. I had a golf buddy watch but has died only after 2 years. I just use the yard markers for right now. I play 3 times a week in Bethesda,Md. and Virginia. Thanks

• Name and Location:  Kane Kanetani, Oahu, Hawaii
  • How do you currently get your yardages? Laser rangefinder
  • How do you feel about technology's relationship with golf? Technology is a key element to todays game and vital to elevate one's game

Shamus Landers-Boston Massachusetts 

laser range finder

i believe that technology is the most important thing to golf right now to keep it modern and appeal to a younger more analytical generation 

Drew.  Queens, NY

i currently get yardage’s old school with sprinklers heads and 100, 150 and 200 markers.

i am open to new technology and haven’t got a laser due mostly to the inconvience of trying to lock into a flag and maybe getting the yardage for the tree behind the green. 

WITB:

Driver:  Taylormade  SLDR Fujikura XLR8 61 S RH.   

3 Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 3W

Hybrid: Ping G400 3 Hyb 19 degree S

Irons: Titleist 710 AP1 5-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie 

Wedges: 50 Callaway MD 4, 54 Vokey SM5, 58 Callaway Forged

Putters: Ping Grayhawk Putter

I'd like to test Skycaddie SX400 GPS

• Name and Location: Russ Miller, Sunset Beach, NC
  • How do you currently get your yardages?: guess based on 150 and 100 course markers
  • How do you feel about technology's relationship with golf?: I think it a good thing that improves equipment and player experience

Currently do not use GPS and am a 20.7 handycap index