TESTERS WANTED! ×

Ping ANSER Irons! (FORGED)

GolfSpy_X

Welcome... good to see another Chicago guy on here!

You bring up a very interesting point. Ping frowns upon adjustments being made to their clubs by third parties but with the forged does that mean customers will have to ship their babies back to Ping for loft/lie adjustments on a frequent basis. That would get old and expensive real quick!

Agreed. As much as I like the look of these babies, and I'll bet I will love the feel.... I would rather not have to send back once or maybe even, gulp...... twice a year for loft and lie checks/adjustments..... I don't know. I work at a local Golf Galaxy here in the Chicago area and the PING rep was here recently and was still "hush hush" about the clubs. I want to hear his take on this subject.

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW... Not only does PING frown upon 3rd parties doing loft/lie bends... The metal will traditionally will not hold that bend for all that long. Going back to the heat treating process that PING is known for. I haven't been to Phoenix to take a tour, but I hear it's cool to see them do work to the clubs... to "shock" them out of their "memory" and then re-bend them to "learn" their new position.... Sudden urge to book flight to Phoenix, lol.

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

I have a friend who is sponsored by Ping. He got pissed when i told him about these irons because he just got i15s a week ago. He hadn't heard of the ansers

That doesn't surprise me....from my post above about running into the rep.

The rep was in my club's shop and when I mentioned the forged Ping, my pros looked at me like I was crazy -- then the rep confirmed what I said and pulled up some pics on his cell phone. Didn't seem like he was even going to mention them to the pros.

BTW... Not only does PING frown upon 3rd parties doing loft/lie bends... The metal will traditionally will not hold that bend for all that long. Going back to the heat treating process that PING is known for. I haven't been to Phoenix to take a tour, but I hear it's cool to see them do work to the clubs... to "shock" them out of their "memory" and then re-bend them to "learn" their new position.... Sudden urge to book flight to Phoenix, lol.

That's my old stomping grounds. Anytime you're ready for a road trip...

Which Golf Galaxy? I hit the Schaumburg location quite often.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• 1 month later...

beautiful clubs, can't wait to swing them in the US

Titleist 909Dcomp 10.5º Aldila Voodoo svs6, 44" | Titleist 909F3 15º 18º | Ping Anser Forged, 3 - pw | Ping Tour W 54º 60º | SC Studio Select Newport 33" | Titleist ProV1x

Good news from Ping_Man on Twitter, The new anser forged irons will be available in late summer 2010, http://twitter.com/ping_man

Titleist 909Dcomp 10.5º Aldila Voodoo svs6, 44" | Titleist 909F3 15º 18º | Ping Anser Forged, 3 - pw | Ping Tour W 54º 60º | SC Studio Select Newport 33" | Titleist ProV1x

Good news from Ping_Man on Twitter, The new anser forged irons will be available in late summer 2010, http://twitter.com/ping_man

About time. I hope there won't be an Eye2 like waiting period...

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• 4 weeks later...

Nice improvements for PING - how accessible will these be in the US?

TM Superdeep TP 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard

TEE CB3 15 Motore Tour

Adams Idea Pro Tour Issue 20 KBS Hybrid

Titleist AP2 4-PW KBS Stiff

Taylormade XFT 52, 58, 64 KBS Hi-Rev Stiff

Cameron Coronado Welded Neck T Stamp

Taylormade Red (If they still made em)

I could definitely play these. I mean, its not a blade and the shape that I would prefer but even the tour players are beginning to play more forgiving, larger clubheads. I think that I could get used to a larger shape if it meant a forged PING iron.

These look pretty sweet. I have been a big fan of PING for about 5 yrs and went from the S59's to the S58's (still playing them) Looks like they are somewhat similar at least with the slightly smaller face and thin top-line. Guess I will probably never know since I jumped ship and got a different set of irons. I am sure these will be a hit regardless

Driver: ADAMS Pro Speed 10 degree

Three wood: Orlimar Trimetal 12 degree with ProGold shaft

Hybrid: 18 degree Nike CPR

Hybrid: 24 degree Nike CPR

5-GW: ADAMS Pro Black CB1

SW: 56 degree (two dot) Cleveland CG15 Black Pearl

LW: 60 degree (two dot) Cleveland CG15 Black Pearl

Putter: Rossa Classic Daytona (Black)

• SPY VIP

You will be able to get them but they are in limited numbers so they will not be in every corner golf store.

Do you think that this will play out like the limited Cameron runs, or more will be available than that?

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HOW DO PEOPLE LIKE PING STUFF??????????????????????????????????

I've never gamed a Ping, but from what people've said on forums, it's generally a feel/distance thing. Plus, they used to be made in the US. But really, it's just like everything- why do people play what they do? Personal preference, that confidence boost they get seeing what they see, it's just a personal decision.

HOW DO PEOPLE LIKE PING STUFF??????????????????????????????????

What do you play??? I was a die-hard Taylormade fan for 10 years and finally got fed up with their rediculous product cycle and how it devalues clubs that are 6 months old. I decided to switch to another company and was between Cleveland, Ping, and Titleist. I purchased the i15 irons and never looked back. The G15 driver is awesome.

If you like Scotty Cameron, Bettinardi, or Odyssey you can thank Ping for their putters........well for copying the Anser putter to be more specific.

I really never imagined myself being a "Ping Guy", but now I can't imagine not being one.

Archived