TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Irishman

perseveringgolfer

Wasn't sure about the Joker based on the trailers, but once watched it was exceptional.

On the flip side The Irishman had me counting down the days till release, a Scorsese movie with a mouthwatering cast of proven gangster actors, whats not to like?

Well in my case, everything! Slow story, long long movie (tried twice and couldnt finish it), de-aging cgi def detracted from many scenes as they didn't look 'quite right', however it was a very good effort, apart from seeing De Nero giving a poor shopkeeper a kicking while looking exactly like you would expect a 76 year old to kick while fearing a fall!

Interested in other peoples views, good or bad? Maybe I just expected to much. 

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I thought it was pretty good. I was more interested in the history, and how they’d portray Sheeran’s statements about killing Hoffa. It was long, but it kept me intrigued enough. I’m not a fan of DeNiro, personally, but I like the gangster movies especially if they’re based on actual accounts. Too much spent on how the wives needed to stop and smoke.... Heck, not even sure if it was needed in the movie at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I enjoyed it - loved Dinero and thought his time with the hospice nurse at the end was spot on - not the best movie that I’ve ever seen because it was slow in spots.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 12/16/2019 at 12:23 PM, perseveringgolfer said:

Wasn't sure about the Joker based on the trailers, but once watched it was exceptional.

On the flip side The Irishman had me counting down the days till release, a Scorsese movie with a mouthwatering cast of proven gangster actors, whats not to like?

Well in my case, everything! Slow story, long long movie (tried twice and couldnt finish it), de-aging cgi def detracted from many scenes as they didn't look 'quite right', however it was a very good effort, apart from seeing De Nero giving a poor shopkeeper a kicking while looking exactly like you would expect a 76 year old to kick while fearing a fall!

Interested in other peoples views, good or bad? Maybe I just expected to much. 

I'm glad I'm not alone in how I felt about this movie.  I got about half way through it, and turned it off.  Absolutely unwatchable.

It's like they decided to throw together the same tired cast of characters and regurgitate the same gangster type mob movie with all of the typical cliche things, and make another movie about it, with no creativity, no originality, and man, was it the slowest movie I have watched in awhile.

DeNiro and the rest of this crew just need to retire and go away.  Seriously, put a fork in them, they are done.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

5 minutes ago, GSwag said:

It's like they decided to throw together the same tired cast of characters and regurgitate the same gangster type mob movie with all of the typical cliche things, and make another movie about it,

I haven't seen it and wasn't planning on it either. I'm not much of a movie guy anyway. Certainly not in the more recent years. Hollywood etal is mostly garbage IMO. But, without seeing it I can certainly picture what Gsag and others online have said about it. Exactly what I thought had I gone to see it. I actually (used to) like De NIro (Meet the Parents) - (Pesci (My Cousin Vinny) stuff like that. But De Niros especially; lunatic public rants of late have turned me off. Oh well... like they say; if you don't like them don't watch them. You're right. And I don't. 🏌️‍♂️

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

12 hours ago, revkev said:

I enjoyed it - loved Dinero and thought his time with the hospice nurse at the end was spot on - not the best movie that I’ve ever seen because it was slow in spots.

... I am with you Rev and I certainly enjoyed watching it. It is SAG Awards time and I have to watch all nominated films and the Irishman is one of them.  I am a little surprised by some of the negative comments because it is acted well, written well and has some interesting cinematography and as always with Scorsese an excellent soundtrack. That said it is not without faults. I understand some found it too long (it is), the story is nothing new and if you have seen Scorsese films in the past, this is just more of the same... all true. But I try and watch every film on it's own merits and if I had never seen a previous Scorsese film I would have been extremely impressed by the Irishman.  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

13 minutes ago, chisag said:

Scorsese an excellent soundtrack

... The Last Waltz. (yes, I'm old. LOL)

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

21 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

... The Last Waltz. (yes, I'm old. LOL)

One of the best ever, and my college buddies and I used to watch that almost weekly back in 2003. That concert/movie transcends generations. 

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see I wasnt the only one disappointed. Too long and moved too slow, apparently its not the most accurate either 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA