Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

LOOKING FOR A GOLF GETAWAY BETWEEN PALM BEACH AND FT. LAUDERDALE....

tarrantian

...In and around the last week of March (the week of March 27, please tell me that is not 'Spring Break' week in Florida!)...

Thinking somewhere in/around Palm Beach, Boca, Deerfield Beach, Delay, Pompano, etc.

Probably a 5 day getaway with the wife, she'll shop I'll golf - Looking for course recommendations (In/around the $75 area), favorite locations to stay along the Hwy 95 corridor, resto recommendations and other tidbits my expert friends here can offer...

Much obliged.

Thanks!

- Ian

:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S) 
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S) 
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Well, I grew up in Miami, and lived in Davie for about 10 years before I moved away in 2000, so I know the area well.

First, you'll want to get a hotel on the beach somewhere.  I mean, why travel all that way to stay inland?  Plenty of major name brand hotels to choose from.  March 27th is probably peak season for spring break and all of that, but most of the kids have moved out of the Fort Lauderdale area and to other places now for Spring Break, so it shouldn't be too bad even at that time of the year.  You are going to pay a premium for any golf course at that time of year, but it is what it is.

Courses that I've played that I would recommend include Bonaventure, which is out near Weston, where Dan Marino lives.  Jacaranda is not too bad.  You can pick and choose between the East and the West there.

Honestly, here is a list of some courses that I would say matches what I would recommend...  https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34227-i98-k2975001-Golf_Public_courses_in_Broward_Co_Fort_Lauderdale_area-Fort_Lauderdale_Broward_County_Florida.html

But again, it's been years since I've been down there, so call ahead and get recommendations/tee times, etc.

Also, the courses I am mentioning above are south and west of where you are targeting.  But once you get into Deerfield, Boca, and Palm Beach, your cost for golf starts going up dramatically.  Palm Beach County has more golf courses than any other county in the world, but a lot of them are private, and the public ones will cost you extra and the experience generally is not worth what you pay for it.

If I were traveling down there I'd hunt some deals online and plan my trip out in advance, at least golf wise.  Call the courses first before booking online to make sure they have availability, because even locally I've discovered that sites like Supreme Golf will show tee times for courses, and then you show up at the course and the course doesn't honor those tee times.

PM me if you have any questions or need further info.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

3 hours ago, GSwag said:

Well, I grew up in Miami, and lived in Davie for about 10 years before I moved away in 2000, so I know the area well.

First, you'll want to get a hotel on the beach somewhere.  I mean, why travel all that way to stay inland?  Plenty of major name brand hotels to choose from.  March 27th is probably peak season for spring break and all of that, but most of the kids have moved out of the Fort Lauderdale area and to other places now for Spring Break, so it shouldn't be too bad even at that time of the year.  You are going to pay a premium for any golf course at that time of year, but it is what it is.

Courses that I've played that I would recommend include Bonaventure, which is out near Weston, where Dan Marino lives.  Jacaranda is not too bad.  You can pick and choose between the East and the West there.

Honestly, here is a list of some courses that I would say matches what I would recommend...  https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34227-i98-k2975001-Golf_Public_courses_in_Broward_Co_Fort_Lauderdale_area-Fort_Lauderdale_Broward_County_Florida.html

But again, it's been years since I've been down there, so call ahead and get recommendations/tee times, etc.

Also, the courses I am mentioning above are south and west of where you are targeting.  But once you get into Deerfield, Boca, and Palm Beach, your cost for golf starts going up dramatically.  Palm Beach County has more golf courses than any other county in the world, but a lot of them are private, and the public ones will cost you extra and the experience generally is not worth what you pay for it.

If I were traveling down there I'd hunt some deals online and plan my trip out in advance, at least golf wise.  Call the courses first before booking online to make sure they have availability, because even locally I've discovered that sites like Supreme Golf will show tee times for courses, and then you show up at the course and the course doesn't honor those tee times.

PM me if you have any questions or need further info.

Thanks so much - I'll review in detail this weekend and get back to you with questions, etc. Much appreciated!!

- Ian

:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S) 
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S) 
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

I lived in Jupiter for 9 years and worked as a club pro for 3 of those years.
@gswag is spot on with his suggestions. As far as courses, I will offer these two for your consideration.

Abacoa Golf Club & North Palm Beach CC.

Both are public and if you’re interested in playing in the northern end of the county I would highly recommend you play there.

Have a great time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

• 4 weeks later...