Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Any reviews on AMG (Athletic Motion Golf)?

I was going to pull the trigger on the new George Gankas webpage membership but then I came across AMG which is less than 1/2 the price. 

Has anybody tried both or at least AMG? 

How does it compare to other programs? 

Is paying twice as much on the GG website worth i?

Any other 1st hand suggestion on online golf lessons will be highly appreciated.

Finding a good online golf program has turned out to be WAY more confusing than I thought.

Have you tried to find a real-life in person instructor to work with?  

Beyond that, I have one basic comment.  If I'm going the online route, I want them looking at MY swing, and providing customized guidance.  I don't want standardized pre-packaged instructional videos, I don't want to have to diagnose my own swing, I just don't have those skills, and I'm 99% certain you don't either.  Without expert evaluation of your swing, all you're buying is access to some videos.  If access to those videos is all you want, fine.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Worth it is only something the person buying can determine.

GG and AMG have different business models for their site but they also have different in person rates as well. GG charges $800/hr in person and Shaun Webb and Mike G are $250.

AMG has a really good program and lots of videos and drills. Their library is broken down into different areas like fixing over the top, improve weight transfer and so on. While it’s self paced like GG’s is you don’t have to wait a certain time for the next module to open. You can view any video at any time. AMG has a Facebook group where Shaun and Mike participate inn and do swing reviews. They also offer a discount rate for online lessons to their members.

AMG has a YouTube channel where they release a couple videos weekly. They are good but they don’t get into the level of detail there that they do on their paid site.  Shaun, Mike and others they work with all work with tour pros and high level ams. They are top notch teachers imo

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Thanks for your replies! 

I´ve taken a couple of lessons but in my area coaches do not appear to go into the level of detail I´ve seen on youtube or even have a grasp on basic concepts I´ve read on books like Ben Hogan´s or Harvey Penick´s. I don´t know if it´s a lack of knowledge or just plain laziness. But this has forced me to become an autodidact.

That´s why I was considering some sort of online golf program with the ocasional online lesson or swing analysis. 

The Swing Essentials app analyses your swing for $15. Was thinking of giving it a go and see what happens. 

First of all, please don't confuse me with fancy words like "autodidact"!!😬

Second, I'd recommend more video analysis by a competent instructor, as opposed trying to analyse things on your own.  Most of us, me included, will notice things like "over the top" or "sway", but those are almost always symptoms of something, not causes.  A good instructor can identify the underlying issues, and can recommend drills or feels to help change things.  A good instructor may also teach you what you should look for in your own video, to see that you're actually making the right corrections.  That's the stuff that's worth paying for, the expert eyes.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I did in person lessons with one of the pros for amg and I was not impressed. I took three lessons from him and it was a waste of money. Not sure what their online content is, but what I did see when they first started, didn’t translate to the lessons I took. Seriously, the worst set of lessons I’ve ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

7 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

First of all, please don't confuse me with fancy words like "autodidact"!!😬

Second, I'd recommend more video analysis by a competent instructor, as opposed trying to analyse things on your own.  Most of us, me included, will notice things like "over the top" or "sway", but those are almost always symptoms of something, not causes.  A good instructor can identify the underlying issues, and can recommend drills or feels to help change things.  A good instructor may also teach you what you should look for in your own video, to see that you're actually making the right corrections.  That's the stuff that's worth paying for, the expert eyes.

Lol sorry about that. English is not my first language so I have translate some of the words and sometimes they come out like that.

I understand what you're saying and I appreciate your help. Have you tried any good online swing analysis coach?

There are lots of things that need to go into selecting an instructor whether it is online or in person.   I have been successful and unsuccessful with online lessons.   For full swing I prefer in person since I get better feedback and get a better exchange of information.    Most of my online has been short game related and were generally unsuccessful.    The only place I have been successful online is with putting.   

I attribute that to my learning style;  you need to figure out what works best for you.  The questions you should ask about online instruction; especially video sites,  is how long do you get access to content, will they deliver content specific to you,  if they do swing analysis,  what is the turnaround time,  extra costs,  how many questions can you ask if it is a pay per analysis type approach.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 hours ago, 3xBogieDude said:

Lol sorry about that. English is not my first language so I have translate some of the words and sometimes they come out like that.

I understand what you're saying and I appreciate your help. Have you tried any good online swing analysis coach?

More well known instructors who offer online are Chris Ryan (has a good YouTube channel) Meandmygolf (also have YouTube), Monte Scheinblum, Dan Carraher. 

Some instructors I’m familiar with in my area that do online Mark Russo, Cathy Kim, Erika Larkin. 

im sure there’s some others out there just slipping my mind right now 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Another person to try is Larry Cheung. Lot of emphasis on lower body movement and rotation in his teaching. Check out his channel. He has good stuff, teaches the TXG guys, and not yet built up a following to make it hard to work with him online

WITB

TS2 10.5 

M2 3HL

Mavrik Max 5W

Titleist 818 4 hybrid 

Mizuno JPX921 HMP 5-Gap

Mizuno S19 56

Maltby TSW 60

Bobby Grace Shiloh putter

9 hours ago, 3xBogieDude said:

The only one I know even a little bit about is evolvr.com.  The lead instructor there is also owner of a rival golf website, and gives free advice there, in a more limited way.  I've had some of that free advice, and he also gave me some in person instruction.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

53 minutes ago, Rchang said:

Another person to try is Larry Cheung. Lot of emphasis on lower body movement and rotation in his teaching. Check out his channel. He has good stuff, teaches the TXG guys, and not yet built up a following to make it hard to work with him online

Some pricing for online lessons I got from Larry a few weeks back, for those curious (straight copy and paste from his email reply to me):

Option 1 - $500 CAD/month - You can upload as often as you practice, so if you practice twice a week, you can upload twice a week, if you practice four times a week, you can upload 4 times a week

Option 2 - $350 CAD/month - Up to 6 uploads/month If you don't need to upload as often

Or can do a single one-off lesson for $100 through email

Or also live FaceTime lessons for $300/hr CAD

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

12 hours ago, edingc said:

Some pricing for online lessons I got from Larry a few weeks back, for those curious (straight copy and paste from his email reply to me):

Option 1 - $500 CAD/month - You can upload as often as you practice, so if you practice twice a week, you can upload twice a week, if you practice four times a week, you can upload 4 times a week

Option 2 - $350 CAD/month - Up to 6 uploads/month If you don't need to upload as often

Or can do a single one-off lesson for $100 through email

Or also live FaceTime lessons for $300/hr CAD

Thanks! I'll check it out for sure!

I've gotten quite a bit out of Adam Young's Next Level Golf series, but I'm using it as much to help me be a better First Tee coach as anything.  I love the drills, the idea of differential practice, and the idea of learning how to self-correct.  I don't know why it took me 35 years and someone else to finally get it through my thick skull that practicing a fade-feeling swing can help me when I'm fighting a snap-hook on the course.  But I use this to supplement work I do with my daughter's teacher.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino