Herniated Disc

Our Sponsors

36 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

A little egg nog should do the trick @ole gray!

I'm more into prune juice 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

I fell hard on my a** when I was in high school.... so hard I saw a flash of light...lol.  Years later I found out I have an L2 compression fracture. I have pain that moves from my back side to my quad and everywhere in between. Sometimes the pain is with me for months. Sometimes there is no pain for months, and then it starts over again. I just live with it.

Edited by silver & black
  • Like 3

... Update: I slept thru the night for the first time last night! 🤗  Starting to walk a little which is a great start. It seems to get better then a little worse, better and then a little worse but at least it is trending in a good direction. Thanks for all the replies and for those of you struggling with back issues, I literally and figuratively feel your pain. My back hurt everyday after the first surgery in 95, but not nerve pain, just low back pain which is manageable. 

... I would love to complain about this debilitating injury but I always remember going to PT after my first surgery and a young girl in her 20's was doing the same exercises as I was doing and I assumed she had back issues too. I cry babied a little about how I might have to stop teaching golf, and how it might effect my swing and how life can be so unfair. I asked what kind of back problems she was having and she replied it was not her back. I asked what was she in PT for and her reply changed my life forever "I have terminal cancer and 4-6 months to live so I am trying to keep up my quality of life for the time I have left." Initially speechless I started a so sorry reply and she held her hand up and said "Please no pity, just enjoy the time you have and never take it for granted". I have not complained about my back since that day and always remember life is a gift so I try to enjoy it to the fullest. That has helped me get thru this and I am thankful it is not something much more serious. Merry Christmas to all my MGS friends! 

• Like 9

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Orange 60s
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 7s
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Tensei Pro Orange 80 hy s-flex
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 110 s-flex 4 iron shaft
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

Everytime I feel any slight pinch in my back, I get nervous.  Only had a couple of brief episodes that kept me in bad discomfort and they, fortunately, were short lived.  Hope you're on the mend and back chasing golf balls around! 👍

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

... I asked what was she in PT for and her reply changed my life forever "I have terminal cancer and 4-6 months to live so I am trying to keep up my quality of life for the time I have left." Initially speechless I started a so sorry reply and she held her hand up and said "Please no pity, just enjoy the time you have and never take it for granted". I have not complained about my back since that day and always remember life is a gift so I try to enjoy it to the fullest. That has helped me get thru this and I am thankful it is not something much more serious. Merry Christmas to all my MGS friends! 

First -sounds like you might be on the mend!

It's stories like this that bring us back down to reality. As bad as sometimes we think we have it there are others that are in a lot worse shape.

Merry Christmas and hope 2020 brings you a pain free back!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

I get a dose of sciatica occasionally and lasts a few days but nothing like you guys.
Hope you ALL can get some serious pain relief in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 12/24/2019 at 4:43 PM, chisag said:

she held her hand up and said "Please no pity, just enjoy the time you have and never take it for granted". I have not complained about my back since that day and always remember life is a gift so I try to enjoy it to the fullest. That has helped me get thru this and I am thankful it is not something much more serious. Merry Christmas to all my MGS friends! 

Thanks for putting things in perspective.  Hard to ****** about 10 minutes of yoga in the morning after reading that.  Merry Christmas and a speedy recovery, my friend.

• Like 3

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I avoided surgery with epidural steroid shots, Chi.

Every few years I needed them and they mitigated the pain.  But in the end, they didn't save me from having to give up golf.

I'm a decrepit septuagenarian now, but I sometime regret not having surgery when I was young enough to have it.

I'm in no position to offer anybody advice, but I'd certainly look very hard at all of your options.

My most sincere wish is that it turns out better for you.   I couldn't mean that more.

Best of luck.

Nifty.

• Like 2

... Again, thanks to all for replies and support. Nifty I have indeed looked at all my options and they are in order:

1. PT and time
2. Epidural
3. Surgery

I will follow Dr's and PT's advice as both seem to think I should respond favorably and be back to normal health by mid January. That said I will not hesitate to get a shot if needed or have a 2nd surgery because golf is the centerpiece of my life and I plan on playing til I move on from this life. 

• Like 3

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Orange 60s
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 7s
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Tensei Pro Orange 80 hy s-flex
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 110 s-flex 4 iron shaft
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

... Update: I slept thru the night for the first time last night!   Starting to walk a little which is a great start. It seems to get better then a little worse, better and then a little worse but at least it is trending in a good direction. Thanks for all the replies and for those of you struggling with back issues, I literally and figuratively feel your pain. My back hurt everyday after the first surgery in 95, but not nerve pain, just low back pain which is manageable. 

... I would love to complain about this debilitating injury but I always remember going to PT after my first surgery and a young girl in her 20's was doing the same exercises as I was doing and I assumed she had back issues too. I cry babied a little about how I might have to stop teaching golf, and how it might effect my swing and how life can be so unfair. I asked what kind of back problems she was having and she replied it was not her back. I asked what was she in PT for and her reply changed my life forever "I have terminal cancer and 4-6 months to live so I am trying to keep up my quality of life for the time I have left." Initially speechless I started a so sorry reply and she held her hand up and said "Please no pity, just enjoy the time you have and never take it for granted". I have not complained about my back since that day and always remember life is a gift so I try to enjoy it to the fullest. That has helped me get thru this and I am thankful it is not something much more serious. Merry Christmas to all my MGS friends! 

So glad to hear you slept through the night! That’s so amazing when sleep finally starts happening! I feel the same way about my back - life is a gift. Pain has been a great teacher to me and I would not exchange anything for those lessons. That said, I always hate it when others are hurting so I’m glad things are looking up. You are in my thoughts and prayers chisag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer