TESTERS WANTED! ×

Dlow206 does away with double bogeys

Mike Adams... His approach is interesting, I tried to figure out all of my rotation patterns, arm fold patterns, side-on grip, etc. etc... Some of the testing for left leg/right leg/central pivot was difficult and I didn't notice much difference. Most of my setup aligns with 1 of his 3 types... But some aspects could be in 2 types..

I found a 20 slide Powerpoint online with basic guidelines for all of these aspects that he assesses based on your body and movement patterns that I use for a self-assessment. I don't think picking one aspect like grip would work without some of the other matchups. My takeaway from his material is you want a certain address position, grip, side tilt, and multiple other factors all based on your swing/body type and there are 3 main types. 

I think you'd have to cough up the $300 for an hourly lesson with him or one of his disciples to get the full proper assessment. He seems like a system or (3) swing model guy, that isn't the best type of instruction to dabble in... 

20 hours ago, dlow206 said:

So I came across an article from Mike Adams about grip, specifically about the right hand. Here is an excerpt:

Try a simple test. Hold a club in just your right hand, first with an extremely strong grip (where your hand is under the bottom of the handle). Make some half speed swings and notice if the face rapidly closes, stays square or tends to stay open. Do the same exercise with a neutral grip (on the side of the handle) and a weak one (with the hand more on top). The grip that produces the most square, natural-feeling release is going to be the best one for you.

"Once you've found the right one, use that as your right hand grip," says Adams. "It dictates the direction of the hinge. It will dictate what your right elbow does, and what your path does. You don't have to think about it. Each of us has a pattern that fits us best."

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

10 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

Mike Adams... His approach is interesting, I tried to figure out all of my rotation patterns, arm fold patterns, side-on grip, etc. etc... Some of the testing for left leg/right leg/central pivot was difficult and I didn't notice much difference. Most of my setup aligns with 1 of his 3 types... But some aspects could be in 2 types..

I found a 20 slide Powerpoint online with basic guidelines for all of these aspects that he assesses based on your body and movement patterns that I use for a self-assessment. I don't think picking one aspect like grip would work without some of the other matchups. My takeaway from his material is you want a certain address position, grip, side tilt, and multiple other factors all based on your swing/body type and there are 3 main types. 

I think you'd have to cough up the $300 for an hourly lesson with him or one of his disciples to get the full proper assessment. He seems like a system or (3) swing model guy, that isn't the best type of instruction to dabble in... 

I'm not really trying to implement the Mike Adams system, it was just the one aspect about the grip that made me discover my right hand started to get too weak (more weak than my instructor asked me to make it).

I have generally bad perception/awareness of things like looking down at my own grip and interpreting it compared to where it is supposed to be. Like in the picture a few posts above, when I look down on at my hands from my own perspective, my eyes perceive that my right hand V is pointed way to the right, but in an actual face on picture, its actually not.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

My coach had me implement some of Mike Adams biomechanic things and I am hitting the ball better. We did some measurements and determined grip, posting,
Stance width, and swing plane.

It is like anything else if you are doing things that contradict each other you will have problems in the golf swing.

My coach isn’t charging $300 an hour and I know the PowerPoint that you are referring to and there really isn’t a defined model. You simply swing based on how your body moves. If you think about it, it really isn’t any different than any other coach teaches.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6 minutes ago, cnosil said:

My coach had me implement some of Mike Adams biomechanic things and I am hitting the ball better. We did some measurements and determined grip, posting,
Stance width, and swing plane.

It is like anything else if you are doing things that contradict each other you will have problems in the golf swing.

My coach isn’t charging $300 an hour and I know the PowerPoint that you are referring to and there really isn’t a defined model. You simply swing based on how your body moves. If you think about it, it really isn’t any different than any other coach teaches.

Sounds like the pro I saw that recommended I widen my stance to let my lower body catch up. Has worked out for me and shows we are all different. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Sounds like the pro I saw that recommended I widen my stance to let my lower body catch up. Has worked out for me and shows we are all different. 

The method to determine stance width is interesting. Couple of ways to do it that I have seen. Mike has one method on a recent Instagram post. The method my coach used involved jumping.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Was working on some stuff my instructor has me working on. Lining up a bit closed to target and trying to get more of an inside path. This was also intended to be a parallel to parallel swing, but backswing ended up looking like a pretty good full backswing. Path is starting to get better.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

One thing my instructor talked to me about was overexaggerating movements/drills, and that i overexaggerate too much. Did it the other day with closing my stance too much and his feedback was that it should be more subtle. 

Here is a swing today, trying not to overdo the closed stance, just closed a small amount.

Updated 07/15/2022

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

One thing my instructor talked to me about was overexaggerating movements/drills, and that i overexaggerate too much. Did it the other day with closing my stance too much and his feedback was that it should be more subtle. 

Here is a swing today, trying not to overdo the closed stance, just closed a small amount.

What part of your body do you consider slightly closed in this setup? Also closed in relation to what?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

What part of your body do you consider slightly closed in this setup? Also closed in relation to what?

Feet are a bit closed and shoulders just a tad closed. Using the alignment stick by my feet as a reference.

Updated 07/15/2022

10 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Feet are a bit closed and shoulders just a tad closed. Using the alignment stick by my feet as a reference.

I figured it was the alignment stick but based on what I saw in the video I wanted to make sure. Here’s a capture at address and while we can’t see the left side you look square to the alignment stick. 

If you were slightly closed we would be able to see some part of your left leg, left arm and chest.

0DB32CAA-2B57-4CCA-BEB6-972B931566BB.jpeg

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Agreed. Not very closed at all. 

That takeaway is so inside that your hips stall really early. Your hip turn is pretty good, but once they run out of room your arms continue to go for way too many frames. You could shorten the backswing, but I bet the arms lifting, crossing the line a little bit is probably a good timing move to keep your from coming way OTT. I think you would see more gains with some minor work on the takeaway. Definitely an improvement in the last 2 videos. I'd think you could break 80 with that swing with a good short game and proper course management. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

46 minutes ago, scooterhd2 said:

Agreed. Not very closed at all. 

That takeaway is so inside that your hips stall really early. Your hip turn is pretty good, but once they run out of room your arms continue to go for way too many frames. You could shorten the backswing, but I bet the arms lifting, crossing the line a little bit is probably a good timing move to keep your from coming way OTT. I think you would see more gains with some minor work on the takeaway. Definitely an improvement in the last 2 videos. I'd think you could break 80 with that swing with a good short game and proper course management. 

Thanks, I definitely struggle with the inside takeaway, something im working on, but continue to have trouble with

Updated 07/15/2022

1 minute ago, dlow206 said:

Thanks, I definitely struggle with the inside takeaway, something im working on, but continue to have trouble with

I know you're not one to shy away from spending some cash on golf but I still feel bad about recommending a golf gadget, but a Planemate is great for this, specifically Day 1 relative to the takeaway.  Watch this video and they prescribe some checkpoints for the takeaway that might be helpful, even if you don't want to purchase the training aid...

PlaneMate - Tour Striker

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Just now, Getoffmylawn said:

I know you're not one to shy away from spending some cash on golf but I still feel bad about recommending a golf gadget, but a Planemate is great for this, specifically Day 1 relative to the takeaway.  Watch this video and they prescribe some checkpoints for the takeaway that might be helpful, even if you don't want to purchase the training aid...

PlaneMate - Tour Striker

Don't worry, i already own one LOL. i have already sold one and then repurchased another one. its currently sitting in the garage.

Updated 07/15/2022

6 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

PlaneMate - Tour Striker

Can confirm, the planemate has helped my game a ton. 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

@dlow206 I also recommend not looking at the club when you take it back (unless you were instructed to). You then turn your head around to find the ball and could be messing with your technique at the top. 

My Reviews:

2 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

@dlow206 I also recommend not looking at the club when you take it back (unless you were instructed to). You then turn your head around to find the ball and could be messing with your technique at the top. 

Yep, bad habit that happens more when i am consciously thinking about trying to make a certain swing.

Updated 07/15/2022

Following the club or anything other than the ball during the golf swing is of course not a good idea.  Be careful about consciously restricting head movement though...it's okay and even good to allow your head to turn (turn, not sway).  Watch DJ swing, or even Nicklaus who often turned his head to start the swing.  Allows for a greater overall turn of the body and a wider backswing.

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

1 minute ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Following the club or anything other than the ball during the golf swing is of course not a good idea.  Be careful about consciously restricting head movement though...it's okay and even good to allow your head to turn (turn, not sway).  Watch DJ swing, or even Nicklaus who often turned his head to start the swing.  Allows for a greater overall turn of the body and a wider backswing.

you make an important point of turning vs. moving.

DJ has a HUGE shoulder turn that would be rendered impossible by keeping his head still.  even when the head turns, it stays relatively centered and his eyes are still down looking at the ball.  it's fair to say that his head rotates as a result of his massive shoulder turn, not the other way around.

with a smaller shoulder turn, the need to rotate the head at all is minimized.  so for sake of simplicity @dlow206should just try keeping it still and feeling what he's trying to accomplish in the backswing.  less moving parts is always better and it's not like looking back is giving him a lot of information about what's happening with the club

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Just now, Chip Strokes said:

you make an important point of turning vs. moving.

DJ has a HUGE shoulder turn that would be rendered impossible by keeping his head still.  even when the head turns, it stays relatively centered and his eyes are still down looking at the ball.  it's fair to say that his head rotates as a result of his massive shoulder turn, not the other way around.

with a smaller shoulder turn, the need to rotate the head at all is minimized.  so for sake of simplicity @dlow206should just try keeping it still and feeling what he's trying to accomplish in the backswing.  less moving parts is always better and it's not like looking back is giving him a lot of information about what's happening with the club

Agree completely, I guess I'm making the point that not chasing the club with his eyes should not be confused with prioritizing a rigid/fixed head position.  Emphasizing that would likely limit his turn, as you've highlighted.

4 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Agree completely, I guess I'm making the point that not chasing the club with his eyes should not be confused with prioritizing a rigid/fixed head position.  Emphasizing that would likely limit his turn, as you've highlighted.

absolutely! wasn't disagreeing at all, just expounding on a good point you made.

rigidity anywhere as you attempt to twist your body along several different axes is a bad thing!

...except in the bedroom

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Appreciate all the folks following along by the way

Updated 07/15/2022

5 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Appreciate all the folks following along by the way

It's interesting to see the changes you've made since you started this thread.  Reminds me of my journey, except mine has lasted over 25 years!!  Starting at a younger age makes a big difference.

Best of luck and I will keep following!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Trying to get less inside with the takeaway. Felt like I was taking the club super outside on the takeaway, but guess it actually wasn't. Went across the line at the top which is not optimal. But good to feel what it feels like to take it away less inside. 

Updated 07/15/2022

34 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Trying to get less inside with the takeaway. Felt like I was taking the club super outside on the takeaway, but guess it actually wasn't. Went across the line at the top which is not optimal. But good to feel what it feels like to take it away less inside. 

So I'll chime in on this specifically because it's something I worked on a lot last winter with my instructor. I had to practice the takeaway a ton for about a month straight before it started to move in the right direction, and then it started to move too outside. 🤦‍♂️

This is one area where I'm a huge fan of the PlaneMate and the short green band. If you keep tension on the band up to hip height you've nailed the takeaway.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

3 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Looking good! I like the move you made there to drop the club into the slot. I'm like you, I tend to take the club away inside and am currently working on a more inside to out swing. I was at the range the other day and had a guy suggest I try exaggerating the takeaway and, for lack of a better term, loop it around to the inside. I hit some gorgeous drives doing that. Best of luck to you and keep up the great work!

13 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Looking good! I like the move you made there to drop the club into the slot. I'm like you, I tend to take the club away inside and am currently working on a more inside to out swing. I was at the range the other day and had a guy suggest I try exaggerating the takeaway and, for lack of a better term, loop it around to the inside. I hit some gorgeous drives doing that. Best of luck to you and keep up the great work!

The good thing for me is if i get the backswing moving in mostly the right way and in the right position, then my downswing shallows itself without me trying to actively do anything. The bad thing for me though is if my backswing gets in the wrong position, i'm unable to do anything with it other than swing over the top.

Updated 07/15/2022

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

The good thing for me is if i get the backswing moving in mostly the right way and in the right position, then my downswing shallows itself without me trying to actively do anything. The bad thing for me though is if my backswing gets in the wrong position, i'm unable to do anything with it other than swing over the top.

I kind of think of it in the opposite way. I know what my transition needs to be. You mentioned Monte earlier, his 8 o clock cast is a good feel. What resonated with me is Bradley Hughes 4:30 swing. Regardless, my focus is on getting into a good position in transition, feeling ridiculously shallow, and attacking from the inside. My sole focus on the backswing is to create enough width, so that my arms have room for my transition and I can swing out instead of down.  

any critique on your backswing is really just, "that takeaway is not helping you get into a good transition." thats why you can make a compilation of insanely different backswings from PGA players, but the still images from p-5 to impact are so similar. whatever backswing works to get said player into a good transition is fine.

in your case you get inside, the body turns before the arms and then runs of out room while the arms keep going up. the arms come down a bit OTT, a bit steep. you refrain from opening your left hip up like you should because that would only carry the arms more OTT. So your motion stalls. You guide your arms down the line (that seems like it would be beneficial, but a good shallow strike is quick in quick out). So on your best swings you are probably hitting somewhat weak pull cuts. Probably lowish ball flights even on good strikes. And its possible to play decent golf from there. But when the timing is off we are seeing hooks and slices depending on your clubface control and/or grip. 

so yes, when your backswing ends up with you in a good position there are less compensations to make. So maybe focus on what a good transition looks and feels like, and work backwards to see what gets you there. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!