TESTERS WANTED! ×

Dlow206 does away with double bogeys

8 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Trying to get less inside with the takeaway. Felt like I was taking the club super outside on the takeaway, but guess it actually wasn't. Went across the line at the top which is not optimal. But good to feel what it feels like to take it away less inside. 

YES!!  Much better takeaway!  Now the club is coming from the inside, and look at your followthrough; you've rotated so the club finishes over your left shoulder instead of straight up holding the face open.  Compare with your other videos.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Somewhat disappointed in myself that the over the top swing came out at the range today. Not my over top at its worst swing, but not optimal. I know it its going to take a while.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Somewhat disappointed in myself that the over the top swing came out at the range today. Not my over top at its worst swing, but not optimal. I know it its going to take a while.
[/url]  

Your getting there, admire your determination

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

16 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Just a little OTT, but not bad.  A little across the line at the top of the backswing... shorten it up a little and keep your back toward the target as long as you can in the downswing.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Just a little OTT, but not bad.  A little across the line at the top of the backswing... shorten it up a little and keep your back toward the target as long as you can in the downswing.

Thanks, its definitely not as bad as my OTT when it is at its worst. 

What is bad is I felt like I was taking a short backswing and it was definitely not short at all. I need to have an intent to stop at left arm parallel. That intent causes me to get to a good full backswing. Actual left arm parallel for my feels like a chip shot haha.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

29 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Thanks, its definitely not as bad as my OTT when it is at its worst. 

What is bad is I felt like I was taking a short backswing and it was definitely not short at all. I need to have an intent to stop at left arm parallel. That intent causes me to get to a good full backswing. Actual left arm parallel for my feels like a chip shot haha.

haha  That's what Monte says to do!

thats what a ton of great golf coaches want you to do, because it keeps the arms and body in synch. keep the club in front of your chest and stand it up more and just L:L swing, or 9:3 swing or parallel to parallel swings. Whatever you want to call it. Alot of great players do it as a drill on the range. Tommy Fleetwood puts in into play on the course better than anyone.

2 other things that can help with out really feeling like you are modifying your swing on the range.

1. Align some mark on the ball, so that when you are looking at it at address, its on the back inside part of the ball. Could be the ball number, sharpie mark, a range stripe, or if your focus is good just a particular dimple. And your intent is to hit that part of the ball first. That should help you in 2 ways, with your head movement and your path.

Golf Ball Cheat Sheet: Are you looking at the wrong part of the golf ball?

2. Take a few steps out on the range and put an alignment stick dead in between you are your target. Your job is to start the ball right of the target. Even if its a bad push. Just get it to the right. You'll have a hard time doing that with an OTT move. 

image.png.b6dfc520e1faeaefad120489bb066deb.png

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

Cleaned up some things with my grip today and I am finally getting my normal distances back. I went through some strange phase where the ball would go nowhere. Like I would hit a 7 iron and it would only go 110 yards and it wasn't topped or super fat or anything. 115 - 125 is my normal PW range, so to have been hitting a 7 iron that distance was depressing. Was able to get back to hitting a PW today in that normal range, and other clubs back in the normal range as well.

Updated 07/15/2022

Swing today, watch for a laugh. Its a foam ball btw.

Updated 07/15/2022

You're back to pulling the club almost 45 degrees off the target line at P2 with shaft parallel in backswing. Next stop: OTT shank town.

A place I know all too well! 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

18 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

You're back to pulling the club almost 45 degrees off the target line at P2 with shaft parallel in backswing. Next stop: OTT shank town.

image.gif

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

2 hours ago, BMart519 said:

Yeah, that was not a good swing. Was working on getting rid of excess head/eye movement. Mainly posted it for entertainment value (the ball flying over the fence).

Updated 07/15/2022

2 hours ago, BMart519 said:

Yep!  I hit a couple today.  Happens when I am sore and don't rotate properly.  Overdid my workout yesterday.  😬

Slowly working on a few things, primarily trying to eliminate excess wandering eyes and head movement, and trying not to have excess arm swing at the top of my backswing. Also, trying not to swing too much inside, but the primary focus is on the head and excess arm swing. 

Updated 07/15/2022

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Slowly working on a few things, primarily trying to eliminate excess wandering eyes and head movement, and trying not to have excess arm swing at the top of my backswing. Also, trying not to swing too much inside, but the primary focus is on the head and excess arm swing. 

Are you still working on the drill(s) from your coach?  

Are these things he’s talked to you about or things you are working on based on some research other swing coaches videos and/or feedback from members here?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

36 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Are these things he’s talked to you about or things you are working on based on some research other swing coaches videos and/or feedback from members here?

Coach

Updated 07/15/2022

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

@RickyBobby_PR I am not sure what those questions have to do with him on his goal to break 80, but his swing looks so improved from even just a few weeks back. 

@dlow206 keep it up man whatever you are doing seems to be working so I’d stick with it!

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Coach

Cool. It’s interesting he’s focusing on the eyes and head movement. What drills or thoughts is he giving you for those?

53 minutes ago, Manimal26 said:

@RickyBobby_PR I am not sure what those questions have to do with him on his goal to break 80, but his swing looks so improved from even just a few weeks back. 

@dlow206 keep it up man whatever you are doing seems to be working so I’d stick with it!

Since you want to to be nosy it was for my curiosity. Those seemed to be working on symptoms rather than a cause.  After all it’s a public golf forum open for discussion. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

2 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Cool. It’s interesting he’s focusing on the eyes and head movement. What drills or thoughts is he giving you for those?

Since you want to to be nosy it was for my curiosity. Those seemed to be working on symptoms rather than a cause.  After all it’s a public golf forum open for discussion. 

So what you claim is being nosy I feel was me asking a simple question that you took offense to. When In fact I asked a question what it had to do with his quest to break 80. You could have said for your own curiosity or because you feel they are treating symptoms not causes. ... your opinion is your own brah... but I am not sure how you could know that the drills are treating anything when you have no clue what  A.) the drills are even or B.) what his coaches plan is and C.) as a 9.3 HDCP index what makes you feel qualified to state your opinion with out anything to back it up?

if you want to pick someone apart make fact lacking claims or opinions   go do it on WRX, but my MGS is about “giving a s***” 

So before you throw an opinion out in this public forum thread where someone is committed to improving at least provide some value to the conversation instead of trying to satisfy your own selfish curiosity and throwing opinions out that have no basis...  

7 minutes ago, Manimal26 said:

So what you claim is being nosy I feel was me asking a simple question that you took offense to. When In fact I asked a question what it had to do with his quest to break 80. You could have said for your own curiosity or because you feel they are treating symptoms not causes. ... your opinion is your own brah... but I am not sure how you could know that the drills are treating anything when you have no clue what  A.) the drills are even or B.) what his coaches plan is and C.) as a 9.3 HDCP index what makes you feel qualified to state your opinion with out anything to back it up?

if you want to pick someone apart make fact lacking claims or opinions   go do it on WRX, but my MGS is about “giving a s***” 

So before you throw an opinion out in this public forum thread where someone is committed to improving at least provide some value to the conversation instead of trying to satisfy your own selfish curiosity and throwing opinions out that have no basis...  

You are reading to much into things bait my questions to him. I was interested to see if he was still working with his coach because I hadn’t seen any posts on the follow up discussions that he may have had with his coach about the progress and if they had made any adjustments to their approach. 

based on an observation I asked some questions to ascertain more information and as you see in my follow up to his reply.

I’m not here to pick anyone apart and can we seriously get off the wrx vs mgs stuff it’s old an tiring,  it everything that being questioned is an attack and to trigger people. And that’s the last i have to say on the subject and we can get back to the regularly scheduled program of his quest to break 80

2 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You are reading to much into things bait my questions to him. I was interested to see if he was still working with his coach because I hadn’t seen any posts on the follow up discussions that he may have had with his coach about the progress and if they had made any adjustments to their approach. 

based on an observation I asked some questions to ascertain more information and as you see in my follow up to his reply.

I’m not here to pick anyone apart and can we seriously get off the wrx vs mgs stuff it’s old an tiring,  it everything that being questioned is an attack and to trigger people. And that’s the last i have to say on the subject and we can get back to the regularly scheduled program of his quest to break 80

Okay I heard the Ralph Maltby site has a forum full of opinions like your’s below, Or quit posting and making opinions that have no factual basis. Your call dude...

35 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Those seemed to be working on symptoms rather than a cause.

This does not look like a question, but I could be confused. Also he never answered so not sure how you “ascertained” the information required to form such an opinion. You also failed to answer any of my questions as well.  So your last post looks about as creditable as your opinion.

If you truly want to get back to @dlow206 journey quit making excuses consider an apology and maybe take a second to think how something might come across. 
Again choice is yours dude...

dlow206, I'm sure the weather in your area is limiting play these days. Assuming your courses are even still open. First let me say that I really like the improvements in your swing. That last swing video is that of someone breaking into the 80's for sure. So let me ask you if you don't mind. How much have you improved on your score from the start of the season until the end?  It looks like you should be real close. How do you feel about the progress you made this season?

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

@RickyBobby_PR if you need further instructions see the post above...

@dlow206  This swing looks a lot better than the last one!! LOL.  I didn't see anything that I would call excess head movement and you didn't overswing, so hopefully you got that working.  Keep up the good work!!

One of these day when the weather gets nice and the COVID thing is a little better, I need to get over there for a fun round with you and Chris.

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

dlow206, I'm sure the weather in your area is limiting play these days. Assuming your courses are even still open. First let me say that I really like the improvements in your swing. That last swing video is that of someone breaking into the 80's for sure. So let me ask you if you don't mind. How much have you improved on your score from the start of the season until the end?  It looks like you should be real close. How do you feel about the progress you made this season?

Thank you. So overall since the start of the season, quite a bit of improvement. Over the season even without the improved swing seen on the latest video, I went from shooting above 110 in Feb 2020, to shooting high 90s to low 100s. I still get into situations where one part of my game is really off for a round. Like a could be hitting my irons well, but my short game falls apart. And then the next game my short game is good but hit my irons terrible. Overall, progress has been really good. I am counting this as my first year of regularly playing golf (regularly being weekly). I had played very sparingly throughout my life (think less than 20 rounds in my life total up until this year), so I still consider myself to be a beginner. 

55 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

@dlow206  This swing looks a lot better than the last one!! LOL.  I didn't see anything that I would call excess head movement and you didn't overswing, so hopefully you got that working.  Keep up the good work!!

One of these day when the weather gets nice and the COVID thing is a little better, I need to get over there for a fun round with you and Chris.

Thanks. The worst part of my eyes/head movement problem first was eyes following the club on the backswing. Worked on getting rid of that, because that was just a bad habit. Second problem was even when i kept my eyes on the ball, my head swiveled too much. Not talking about a small amount of swivel that is ok, talking a lot of movement. I think i have also fixed my overswing issue with videoing my swing and having better awareness of where i feel my swing is at, at the top vs where it is on video. For example, that swing on the most recent video, to me, it feels like a 3/4 swing, but it really isn't, its a full enough swing.

Updated 07/15/2022

6 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I think i have also fixed my overswing issue with videoing my swing and having better awareness of where i feel my swing is at, at the top vs where it is on video. For example, that swing on the most recent video, to me, it feels like a 3/4 swing, but it really isn't, its a full enough swing.

It is crazy how different things can feel versus what is actually happening. I realized I have a similar tendency in my swing, to make it quite long almost too long, but it didn't feel that way until I videoed it. Great improvement on the swing I agree with everyone that the motion looks really good. I applaud your hard work in it, keep it up.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

That was a good accomplishment. You have basically dropped 10 strokes in one season. Good things will happen next season. Looks like it is all coming together. Keep up the good work. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Thanks for all your updates man. Keep things up and maybe we will meet up against each other in some AM events if you or I ever decide on trying tournament play. Our stories are so similar and would enjoy a round with you. Looking back, you have made so much improvement. very impressive

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

5 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

Thanks for all your updates man. Keep things up and maybe we will meet up against each other in some AM events if you or I ever decide on trying tournament play. Our stories are so similar and would enjoy a round with you. Looking back, you have made so much improvement. very impressive

Thanks. I also enjoy following your journey. Once things settle down with Covid, should definitely play a round together. 

Updated 07/15/2022

• 2 weeks later...

Continuing to work hard, always a work in-progress. Posting a swing from today. 

Updated 07/15/2022