TESTERS WANTED! ×

Dlow206 does away with double bogeys

15 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I typically go to the range at Mill Creek Country Club since i'm a member and its closest to me. Have been to Super Range once and have been a few times to the range in Snohomish

Right on... Just thought I'd pass along the info.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Been able to start swinging again. While injured, I had been working on some feels and drills without a club. I still have to fight the inside takeaway. If I don't specifically focus on it, it comes back. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

40 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Been able to start swinging again. While injured, I had been working on some feels and drills without a club. I still have to fight the inside takeaway. If I don't specifically focus on it, it comes back. 

looks pretty good;  I liked looking at the full speed version you posted to instagram. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

15 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Looks good.  I can definitely see the Monte influence.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

These days, still recovering from my injury so not hitting too many balls. Working on better body awareness of what things should feel like at points in the swing, like where my hands should be at the top of the swing, how my wrist should be angled, etc. This is important for me because what "feels" like a laid off position at the top is actually in-line with the target, and what feels like is in-line with the target is over the line. That's one example. 

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

I made an important self-discovery regarding my backswing. The problem was my inside takeaway as confirmed by my coach, and I was given clear instruction on what I was doing wrong and what the correct movement is, along with some drills. So my brain understood what I should be doing, but there was some sort of translation lost because my body wasn't repeatedly able to do what I was telling it to do. The self-realization I had was that I was telling my arms to do the wrong thing. I had thought that in order to not takeaway to the inside my arms needed to swing straight back. The realization that I had is that if I swing my arms what i think is straight back, but combine that with a pivot, that is precisely an inside takeaway combining those two pieces together. That realization really was a huge light bulb.

Here is my latest swing, some of you may have already seen it in the Practice thread.

Updated 07/15/2022

I never thought this would happen to me, but my path is now coming too far from the inside and i am hitting shots dead right. According to my coach it is because my right shoulder is dipping in the downswing. This is the next thing I need to work on fixing and so far finding it hard to not do it. 

Updated 07/15/2022

17 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I never thought this would happen to me, but my path is now coming too far from the inside and i am hitting shots dead right. According to my coach it is because my right shoulder is dipping in the downswing. This is the next thing I need to work on fixing and so far finding it hard to not do it. 

You still working with Alex via skillest?

Some general curiosity questions for research on the app. If so how do you like the app and communication via the app? Does he have a timeframe/limit for how many vids or communication you get before he considers it another lesson?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

7 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You still working with Alex via skillest?

Some general curiosity questions for research on the app. If so how do you like the app and communication via the app? Does he have a timeframe/limit for how many vids or communication you get before he considers it another lesson?

Not working with Alex anymore, been working with Monte again. A lot of that decision came down to cost of the Skillest subscription. I could afford it but didn't feel like I could continue to get the value out of for the monthly price, compared to having periodic lessons with Monte. Also, Skillest prices are going higher and higher for the most popular instructors.

In general, the app works well from a communication standpoint, keeps everything in one place, easy to refer back to prior lessons, prior conversations, etc. If you are on a subscription plan, then every video submission is considered a lesson, but since the subscription is unlimited, you can submit as many as you want.

Updated 07/15/2022

1 minute ago, dlow206 said:

Not working with Alex anymore, been working with Monte again. A lot of that decision came down to cost of the Skillest subscription. I could afford it but didn't feel like I could continue to get the value out of for the monthly price, compared to having periodic lessons with Monte. Also, Skillest prices are going higher and higher for the most popular instructors.

In general, the app works well from a communication standpoint, keeps everything in one place, easy to refer back to prior lessons, prior conversations, etc. If you are on a subscription plan, then every video submission is considered a lesson, but since the subscription is unlimited, you can submit as many as you want.

Cool. Monte is good. I’ve looked over a couple of his video series and some of his YouTube stuff.

Thanks for the feedback on the app

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Think my swing is looking and feeling better now, probably the best it has been. Realized that my grip had gotten super sloppy, too much in the palm of the left hand. That had resulted in me doing things with my wrists that I didn't want to happen. Cleaned up my grip.

Updated 07/15/2022

Now that my backswing is in a better spot, the next thing that i am focused on cleaning up is the root cause of right hip early extending. My right shoulder is dipping too much in the downswing and that combined with how my right hip is moving is causing the early extension. Working on cleaning this up but this one will definitely not be a quick fix.

Updated 07/15/2022

24 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Now that my backswing is in a better spot, the next thing that i am focused on cleaning up is the root cause of right hip early extending. My right shoulder is dipping too much in the downswing and that combined with how my right hip is moving is causing the early extension. Working on cleaning this up but this one will definitely not be a quick fix.

Not sure is in your working with Monte if you have bought either the new no turn cast or have his efficient swing videos. He talks about this in those with pressure and added knee flex in the lead leg along with left shoulder down.

42 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Not sure is in your working with Monte if you have bought either the new no turn cast or have his efficient swing videos. He talks about this in those with pressure and added knee flex in the lead leg along with left shoulder down.

Yep, i have all of those videos. Trying to find which drill/feel will work best for me. Have tried a few and they don't result in the change i am trying to make. Its like my body and old ways are fighting to do what i am telling it to do, even at a slow drill speed. Currently trying the feel of my left shoulder/arm moving off my chin/chest as the intent on the downswing and its helping some but still getting used to that feel.

Updated 07/15/2022

4 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Yep, i have all of those videos. Trying to find which drill/feel will work best for me. Have tried a few and they don't result in the change i am trying to make. Its like my body and old ways are fighting to do what i am telling it to do, even at a slow drill speed. Currently trying the feel of my left shoulder/arm moving off my chin/chest as the intent on the downswing and its helping some but still getting used to that feel.

Try the roll the right shoulder back. That helps me keep it high

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

11 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Try the roll the right shoulder back. That helps me keep it high

What is that one? not familiar with it

Updated 07/15/2022

15 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Yeah swing changes and getting the body to make a change takes a lot of work. As you know from monte’s no turn video he talks about doing each segment in slow motion and separately to train. 

The different drills in the efficient swing are good because he does have options to find what works/makes sense to someone.

Swing from today, attempting to fix the dipping right shoulder that is resulting in early extension. Swing thought is first move down is to separate the left arm from the chest. 

Updated 07/15/2022

3 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Swing from today, attempting to fix the dipping right shoulder that is resulting in early extension. Swing thought is first move down is to separate the left arm from the chest. 

night and day smoother that when i first saw your swing. awesome, dude!

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

2 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

night and day smoother that when i first saw your swing. awesome, dude!

Thanks man. Besides being better technically, it also feels a lot more efficient. Before my swing felt like it required a lot of physical effort, most of that was unnecessary and/or bad moves.

When are you going to post some of those 350 yard carry swings?

Updated 07/15/2022

Just now, dlow206 said:

When are you going to post some of those 350 yard carry swings?

i always feel a little weird setting up my phone during a lesson. 

next time i rent some time on the sim i’ll get a few hacks recorded and post them up

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

39 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

On your takeaway backswing where do you feel pressure in each foot?

33 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

On your takeaway backswing where do you feel pressure in each foot?

Not sure to be honest, i'll make note of checking that when i swing tomorrow.

Updated 07/15/2022

8 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Not sure to be honest, i'll make note of checking that when i swing tomorrow.

Or could be shoes and/or camera angle but it looks like you don’t get into heel of right foot and toes of left foot in the backswing and vice versa. This is something I have to be conscious of in my swing and causes me to end up not rotating in the downswing and have similar tendency to what you mentioned about early extension. Look at monte’s toe/heel video in the efficient swing series.

Your takeaway and backswing has really improved. Good work on that. 

31 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Or could be shoes and/or camera angle but it looks like you don’t get into heel of right foot and toes of left foot in the backswing and vice versa. This is something I have to be conscious of in my swing and causes me to end up not rotating in the downswing and have similar tendency to what you mentioned about early extension. Look at monte’s toe/heel video in the efficient swing series.

Your takeaway and backswing has really improved. Good work on that. 

Thanks. For sure I know my pressure isn't right heel, left toes. Something to work on, will take a look at the Monte video.

Updated 07/15/2022

1 minute ago, dlow206 said:

Thanks. For sure I know my pressure isn't right heel, left toes. Something to work on, will take a look at the Monte video.

Sounds good. Might help with the left arm off the chest you are working on too. 

One thing that i have learned as part of this journey is about how i learn. Once my instructor provides feedback and gives me something to work on to fix and some drills/feels to work on, i have to sort of go through a self-discovery process to be able to implement the change. The drills help me to initially understand how something should feel, but for me to make something repeatable, i need to create my own understanding of what my brain should think and what my body should feel to execute the correct movement. It usually takes a quirky thought unique to me that I come up with that ends up making something stick. 

Updated 07/15/2022

53 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

One thing that i have learned as part of this journey is about how i learn. Once my instructor provides feedback and gives me something to work on to fix and some drills/feels to work on, i have to sort of go through a self-discovery process to be able to implement the change. The drills help me to initially understand how something should feel, but for me to make something repeatable, i need to create my own understanding of what my brain should think and what my body should feel to execute the correct movement. It usually takes a quirky thought unique to me that I come up with that ends up making something stick. 

This can be the hardest part is being able to work through all this to get to something that sticks and works for you. Glad it feels like you have been able to figure out those moves. Trust me I get those odd feels when learning to play I had to convince myself that I was 'not using my wrists' in my swing, which was a lie but that it was got a flat wrist at the top instead of cupping it.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

I’ve had a few coaches that have said the same thing to me but in different ways and it clicked from one but not the other. I’m doing online lessons this past year that was probably the hardest part compared to in person. In person they can say something ask if you understand if not they can try to say it differently, where online it might take a couple conversations to get the concept

35 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I’ve had a few coaches that have said the same thing to me but in different ways and it clicked from one but not the other. I’m doing online lessons this past year that was probably the hardest part compared to in person. In person they can say something ask if you understand if not they can try to say it differently, where online it might take a couple conversations to get the concept

For me, its usually some sort of unique thought/feel that really only makes sense to me that makes something stick. For the longest time, i couldn't get rid of the inside takeaway. I could perform various drills and make it work for the swings during those drills, but couldn't get it to stick at all. I finally discovered that to not take it away inside, i feel like i am lifting my right arm only about 45 degrees straight out in front of me. Thats really the only thing I actively feel until i get to the top of the backswing. I don't feel like i am actively turning or anything (but not trying to restrict the turn either). This thought probably won't make sense or work for others, but its the thought in my brain that gets by body to do what it is supposed to do.

Updated 07/15/2022