TESTERS WANTED! ×

Dlow206 does away with double bogeys

32 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I am sort of in this weird mental space. Golf swing vs. what works better on-course. One thing I noticed yesterday was that my eyes wander off the ball when I start my backswing, and that wandering of the eyes makes my ball contact inconsistent. Now, when I properly keep my eyes focused on the ball, contact is a million times better, but on video, I look less shallow in transition. I need to stop chasing what looks nice on video and focus on what works well plus what my instructor wants me to work on. 

Monte pointed out that I follow the club back with my eyes, turning my head which is why I'm inconsistent.  That's a difficult fix for me; I wasn't aware that I did that.

My comment on your latest swings is also something Monte pointed out to me:  I don't let my left knee turn much in my backswing to let my left heel come up; helps rotation and pressure shift.  That is a holdover from my single-plane swing days.  

Also, have you seen the latest post on Monte's Instagram page with Justin Rose on staying closed on the downswing? Justin Rose also shows that with his "feel vs real" on YouTube.  Looking at your video at the very top of your backswing, the first noticeable movement in the downswing is with your upper body. If you keep your back to the target as long as possible as the arms drop, you are in a much more powerful position at impact.

I've been doing that with good results.  It all happens in a fraction of a second, and the timing is something that takes getting used to.  If it doesn't work, forget it.  After attending Monte's clinic, I now understand that I don't know what I doing, and I didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 4/12/2021 at 10:16 AM, Kenny B said:

Monte pointed out that I follow the club back with my eyes, turning my head which is why I'm inconsistent.  That's a difficult fix for me; I wasn't aware that I did that.

My comment on your latest swings is also something Monte pointed out to me:  I don't let my left knee turn much in my backswing to let my left heel come up; helps rotation and pressure shift.  That is a holdover from my single-plane swing days.  

Also, have you seen the latest post on Monte's Instagram page with Justin Rose on staying closed on the downswing? Justin Rose also shows that with his "feel vs real" on YouTube.  Looking at your video at the very top of your backswing, the first noticeable movement in the downswing is with your upper body. If you keep your back to the target as long as possible as the arms drop, you are in a much more powerful position at impact.

I've been doing that with good results.  It all happens in a fraction of a second, and the timing is something that takes getting used to.  If it doesn't work, forget it.  After attending Monte's clinic, I now understand that I don't know what I doing, and I didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

Worked on cleaning up my sequencing a bit. Not exactly the way you mentioned but its related to what you mentioned. Looks better now. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Had an enlightening moment regarding my driver setup today after my round, on the range. Had been hitting some big push fades, push slices, which I hate. I believe much of the issue is setup.

First problem is ball placement being too far toward the middle of my stance vs. being more forward toward the front foot. Its not literally in the middle of my stance but its too much in that direction. 

However, changing that in isolation doesn't fix my issue. The second big piece is shoulder alignment. Even when my feet are square and the clubface is setup square, my shoulders aim to the right. Its sort of like my shoulders are pointing towards the target rather than setup parallel to the target. 

After setting up my shoulders more square and ball more forward, i started to hit the ball much more on-line and farther than normal. Ball was traveling either straight or small left to right fade. Even when I hit the ball off the line i intended, it wasn't a massive miss. 

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

14 hours ago, dlow206 said:

.... The second big piece is shoulder alignment. Even when my feet are square and the clubface is setup square, my shoulders aim to the right. Its sort of like my shoulders are pointing towards the target rather than setup parallel to the target. 

After setting up my shoulders more square and ball more forward, i started to hit the ball much more on-line and farther than normal. Ball was traveling either straight or small left to right fade. Even when I hit the ball off the line i intended, it wasn't a massive miss. 

I always looked at 4 points of alignment in a setup position....feet, knees, hips and shoulders.  Ideally each should be aligned toward your target.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I always looked at 4 points of alignment in a setup position....feet, knees, hips and shoulders.  Ideally each should be aligned toward your target.

Nitpicking wording. Not sure aligned toward target is correct. People will try to be parallel to
Target line. Aligning toward target would be a closed setup. People may also want to setup open to promote a fade. Not going to get into the target vs where you are aiming.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

13 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Nitpicking wording. Not sure aligned toward target is correct. People will try to be parallel to
Target line. Aligning toward target would be a closed setup. People may also want to setup open to promote a fade. Not going to get into the target vs where you are aiming. emoji16.png

Yeah....probably poor or incomplete two sentence wording on my description.  I see what you mean by 'parallel' and that is a more accurate term.  I can demonstrate with an alignment stick better than writing it down that's for sure.  I always felt the 4 points of alignment should be aimed consistently for most people, you don't want feet open, hips closed, shoulders & knees square for example.  Once they determine their most consistent ball flight with a 'square' set up then they can adjust the setup alignment to promote, compensate or manipulate ball flight as they want.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

16 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Had an enlightening moment regarding my driver setup today after my round, on the range. Had been hitting some big push fades, push slices, which I hate. I believe much of the issue is setup.

First problem is ball placement being too far toward the middle of my stance vs. being more forward toward the front foot. Its not literally in the middle of my stance but its too much in that direction. 

However, changing that in isolation doesn't fix my issue. The second big piece is shoulder alignment. Even when my feet are square and the clubface is setup square, my shoulders aim to the right. Its sort of like my shoulders are pointing towards the target rather than setup parallel to the target. 

Using the alignment sticks to at least make sure your body is set up to the intended target is helpful. Takes one of the variables out of the equation to let you cross check the other areas

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Target line. Aligning toward target would be a closed setup. People may also want to setup open to promote a fade. Not going to get into the target vs where you are aiming. emoji16.png

GG dives into alignment in his course and talks about it both as a stock setup and also that the shorter the club the more open one should be, but he also gets into matchups like you mention for hitting different types of shots. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

18 hours ago, dlow206 said:

It's easy to misalign your feet using your toes, especially if you flare your feet like I do.  Better to use an alignment stick on your heels.  When I flare my toes, I tend to align to the right... and so do my shoulders.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

14 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

It's easy to misalign your feet using your toes, especially if you flare your feet like I do.  Better to use an alignment stick on your heels.  When I flare my toes, I tend to align to the right... and so do my shoulders.

So much this. GG talks about this in the alignment section of his swing module. I’ve seen other instructors talk about it in videos too. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

GG dives into alignment in his course and talks about it both as a stock setup and also that the shorter the club the more open one should be, but he also gets into matchups like you mention for hitting different types of shots. 

I get myself in trouble with doing this correctly, because when i start to open up my stance slightly, then I start to point the clubface left along with it, instead of pointing the clubface towards the target which I am intending to do. 

Updated 07/15/2022

15 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I get myself in trouble with doing this correctly, because when i start to open up my stance slightly, then I start to point the clubface left along with it, instead of pointing the clubface towards the target which I am intending to do. 

You can put a club or alignment stick perpendicular to the target line and place the face of the club on it so that it stays square the the target as you open or close your stance. 

You can put a club or alignment stick perpendicular to the target line and place the face of the club on it so that it stays square the the target as you open or close your stance. 

Also can Put a tee on the target line. You can aim the face at the tee or a grass spot when playing Shawn Clement also talks about this a lot in his videos and is more what you see on the course. Martin Chuck always advocates a
Line across the feet and one for
Ball position like you mention.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Also can Put a tee on the target line. You can aim the face at the tee or a grass spot when playing Shawn Clement also talks about this a lot in his videos.

Lots of ways to skin that cat. Seen some use a 2x4 that can also be into and impact drill at the same time

Stick to your lessons on a regular basis. Then practice with a purpose.  

Driver Mavrik Subzero set to 9.5. 
Rougue 4 wood 16.5

Titleist 818 hybrid 21

Callaway Apex pro black dot 4 through P

Callaway Jaws 50/10,, MD 4 56/10, and Titlest SM 6 60/12

SC Futura 5.5

So I know it seems like I have ADHD in terms of which coach i am working with at any point in time. I decided to work with Monte again and stick with it. He recently identified some very specific items in my backswing that hadn't been identified by other coaches. While my swing had been looking pretty decent to date, the two main items that Monte had called out have made a significant difference in low point control, getting my arms and pivot more in sync, etc. The two things called out were:

- I was getting pressure on to my left side much too early in the backswing. i was essentially never getting pressure to the right side. i think that stemmed from me previously having a sway and trying to make a centered pivot and trying to get to my left side earlier. i basically then ingrained over doing it. this made my swing feel very unathletic

- My arms were getting jammed near the top of my backswing at the point where my body stopped rotating, so my arms reacted by continuing to move to get more space. This action caused my arms and pivot get out of sync, which just made it harder for me to make a good, proper downswing. I could do it okay at times, but Monte was saying i was making it really hard on myself.

I think i now know best how to work with Monte going forward, what his communication style is like, how he likes to best work with students, etc. I have a better understanding on how to use his Improvement Plan, its not for identifying new issues or addressing my random questions, its for making sure i am not screwing up what i was prescribed to do between lessons. I had sent him the videos below today just to make sure I wasn't screwing up what he told me to work on, and i got back probably the most positive comment ever from Monte, "brilliant".

Swing is looking and feeling great. I know that we often one day feel great and then all of a sudden lose it all. I have taken notes on my phone on what exact feelings I need to have to make the swing I want to, and will go back to that when things go awry.

Updated 07/15/2022

I am sort of in this weird mental space. Golf swing vs. what works better on-course. One thing I noticed yesterday was that my eyes wander off the ball when I start my backswing, and that wandering of the eyes makes my ball contact inconsistent. Now, when I properly keep my eyes focused on the ball, contact is a million times better, but on video, I look less shallow in transition. I need to stop chasing what looks nice on video and focus on what works well plus what my instructor wants me to work on. 

I dealt with the “wandering eyes” for over a season; I was working on shortening my back swing while still completely turning, while adding a bit of wrist flexion. I couldn’t stop looking back at my hands when I got to the top! Eventually I just accepted that what I was working on would become habit if I just kept grinding on it. 2 years later it isn’t an issue. I like to just swing whatever swing I brought to the course while I’m playing, and worry about technique during lessons/practice.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

One of the things I have learned from Monte is how to look at my own swing and identify when things are going wrong. Everyone has unique tendencies, so its essentially understanding and being able to spot my own tendencies on video. I think that is helpful for being able to correct things before the wrong things get ingrained. 

Updated 07/15/2022

• 2 weeks later...

Had my next big breakthrough with my swing over the last few days. Had been hitting the ball like trash for a while, and I went back to my online lesson with Monte, as well as what he mentioned in the past. One of the common themes was arm overswing. 

My arm overswing is a problem for me because it also comes with: flat hip/shoulder turn, arms keep going back even when the body stop turning in the backswing, etc. My arms and pivot get out of sync in the downswing, and its all timing to hit the ball decently.

I spent some time watching some older videos about how to know your backswing and turn is long enough for you personally. It had to do with getting in golf posture, holding a shaft or long stick across your chest, and making a rotation. When your body stops moving during that drill (without standing up and losing posture), thats the max turn you should have in your swing. 

What I found was that my max turn coincides with my left arm touching my chin in the backswing. So i worked on that and it has really made a difference in my swing. While my swing doesn't really look that much shorter, i used to make all sorts of inefficient movement previously, and most of that is gone now. 

Now I am less likely to EE as much, less stuck, not backing out of the shot to make room for my arms, etc. Monte likes the changes and how my swing is looking and just mentioned I am a little to bent over at setup, which I will fix. 

Updated 07/15/2022

I just video taped my driver swing. doesn't even look like a swing from the same person lol. It so different than my iron swing and i see why i am so hot and cold with my driver. Time to rebuild driver swing. Not ready to post any videos yet, its too crappy for right now. 

Updated 07/15/2022

I've always had a struggle with my arms moving from impact to finish position. My arms tend to get narrow instead of extended, and I could never figure out why. I figured out that if I let my head release a bit sooner post impact, and have that intent in mind, everything moves a little bit better (arms, pivot, etc.). So was working on that today. Was also working on setting up with a very slight hip bump towards the target. That helps me get some pressure onto the right side during the backswing, otherwise I tend to stay too much on my left side.

The net of course limits the ability to see ball light, but the ball was coming off the face much stronger, with less effort. Sent a video for a quick check-in with Monte and he said swing is looking good, just need a little bit more knee bend at setup. 

Updated 07/15/2022

So I have realized, and its taken me a long time to realize, and I need to document it here. Anytime I struggle to make good swings (based on video), I need to check my grip. I don't mean everytime I hit bad shots, that part is expected. But if my swing starts getting too steep, I feel like its a lot of effort to make a good swing on camera, etc., I need to check my grip. Whenever one or both of my hands get too strong, it makes golf really hard for me. I can't play very well with too strong of a grip. I need to be closer to neutral. 

Updated 07/15/2022

So @dlow206, how have your recent rounds been? Any improvements? Broken into the 80s yet? I am wondering if you may have a little paralysis by analysis, kinda like me and equipment. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

9 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

So @dlow206, how have your recent rounds been? Any improvements? Broken into the 80s yet? I am wondering if you may have a little paralysis by analysis, kinda like me and equipment. 

Have had ups and downs recently, haven't had any sort of reliability with pitch and chips, that has hurt me a lot lately. 

Most of my swing faults are accentuated when my grip is off. Not saying that my scores will automatically improve from fixing my grip, my a faulty grip makes golf a lot harder for me. 

Updated 07/15/2022

@dlow206 Has anyone ever looked at your posture?  In some of the videos of yours that I've seen, your shoulders and back are very rounded.  Don't know how old the videos that I saw were or if you're actually as hunched as you appear to be in the setup or not, but that can restrict your turn considerably.  Just an observation.  I'm not a swing coach, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once 🙂  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

13 minutes ago, CarlH said:

@dlow206 Has anyone ever looked at your posture?  In some of the videos of yours that I've seen, your shoulders and back are very rounded.  Don't know how old the videos that I saw were or if you're actually as hunched as you appear to be in the setup or not, but that can restrict your turn considerably.  Just an observation.  I'm not a swing coach, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once 🙂  

Hunched shoulders don’t really restrict the swing. Bad posture in golf is better than good posture. If it causes balance points to be off then that will have an impact on ability to turn.

In the videos I’ve seen of his the ability to turn isn’t an issue. It’s more of what Monte has pointed out in his recent lessons of where pressure is during the swing

41 minutes ago, CarlH said:

26 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Hunched shoulders don’t really restrict the swing. Bad posture in golf is better than good posture. If it causes balance points to be off then that will have an impact on ability to turn.

In the videos I’ve seen of his the ability to turn isn’t an issue. It’s more of what Monte has pointed out in his recent lessons of where pressure is during the swing

As @RickyBobby_PR mentioned, a lot of the recent golf instruction talks a lot about the bad posture being good golf posture, like George Gankas and others. For me, I naturally have bad posture, so my natural posture aligns with what new age instruction is saying, so I just setup with my naturally crappy posture. The only thing Monte said specifically about my posture is sometimes I need a little more knee bend.

The main issues that Monte has pointed out are not getting pressure to the right side to start the swing, and then also overrun of arms at the top of the swing because my arms get jammed up to my chest.

My other main issue from my own observation as I mentioned a few posts up is when my grip starts getting sloppy (too strong), I start making weird manipulations in the backswing, get steeper than I would like in the downswing at times, stall hips on the downswing, flip, and all sorts of other problems. Having a more neutral grip, not too strong, not too weak, helps me swing better. 

Updated 07/15/2022

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

a lot of the recent golf instruction talks a lot about the bad posture being good golf posture, like George Gankas and others. For me, I naturally have bad posture, so my natural posture aligns with what new age instruction is saying, so I just setup with my naturally crappy posture.

It’s more of instructors going back to what the best players used to do. Sam Snead, Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Greg Norman just to name a few that don’t have the late 90s/early 2000 type swing of straight backs and the restricted hip turn for power type swing. Even Monte uses the bad posture setup. He talks about tucking the hips like GG does in either his fundamental video or driver for dough 

4 hours ago, dlow206 said:

As @RickyBobby_PR mentioned, a lot of the recent golf instruction talks a lot about the bad posture being good golf posture, like George Gankas and others. For me, I naturally have bad posture, so my natural posture aligns with what new age instruction is saying, so I just setup with my naturally crappy posture. The only thing Monte said specifically about my posture is sometimes I need a little more knee bend.

The main issues that Monte has pointed out are not getting pressure to the right side to start the swing, and then also overrun of arms at the top of the swing because my arms get jammed up to my chest.

My other main issue from my own observation as I mentioned a few posts up is when my grip starts getting sloppy (too strong), I start making weird manipulations in the backswing, get steeper than I would like in the downswing at times, stall hips on the downswing, flip, and all sorts of other problems. Having a more neutral grip, not too strong, not too weak, helps me swing better. 

Why does a stronger grip require you to pivot stall and flip to close the face if the strong grip promotes a shut face?

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

23 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

Why does a stronger grip require you to pivot stall and flip to close the face if the strong grip promotes a shut face?

I am basically this player from the article:

"Finally, if the stronger top-hand grip does succeed in creating a closed club face, it often creates a “blocking action” at the bottom of the swing. Golfers do this to keep shots from going left, and use a hanging-back motion to give the club face some loft so they can hit it higher. This is the classic move of a “shut-to-open” player, who usually suffers severe toe hits in the process."

https://www.golfwrx.com/317096/the-problem-with-a-strong-grip/

My clubface with a strong left hand is completely closed at the top of the backswing. Sort of like DJ but not quite that much and for me its closed with a flat wrist, im not bowing. Also, I am a "slow hips" player, and to make that strong grip with closed clubface at the top work, i need to have good rotation and get more open at impact. When I try to get more open at impact on purpose, I tend to start hip spinning which is not good. 

I used to hit everything low and left with the closed clubface. After improving some aspects of my swing, i would try to hold on, and then flip the clubface a bit to add some loft or else the ball is not getting much air. Also, the quote above, is me to a tee, severe toe hits. 

Also, not everyone is the same, its just the way my body reacts to what is happening in my swing. 

Updated 07/15/2022