Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Dlow206 does away with double bogeys

16 hours ago, Shankster said:

Is the feedback easy to implement so far?

Kirk mentioned that my main issue right now is impact position. This was a still from his analysis that he sent back on my impact position

IMG_1541.PNG.0542eea538f4782617d84628d6cc5c50.PNG

He wants me to work on getting the handle more forward and prescribed a drill to work on from his video series. Started to try to get the feel for it.

IMG_1534.png.2aff135cf3337994f0ab20104ee3186f.png

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

4 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Kirk mentioned that my main issue right now is impact position. This was a still from his analysis that he sent back on my impact position

He wants me to work on getting the handle more forward and prescribed a drill to work on from his video series. Started to try to get the feel for it.

That's it, you got it!

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

6 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Looks like the drill is already paying off. Keep it up and you'll be striping it in no time!

40 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Awesome!  Now you got me thinking I should subscribe…. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Just send @dlow206 $40 each month and he'll tell you the tip they gave him!  One of them has to be the right one for ya eventually!!     😆

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

@dlow206  in the 'after' pic in addition to your hand position,  your lower body position is much better too.  That much leg movement in the 'before' pic is reminiscent of an early 70's Johnny Miller swing!  Not that it can't work, but it's harder to be consistent with it.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

46 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

@dlow206  in the 'after' pic in addition to your hand position,  your lower body position is much better too.  That much leg movement in the 'before' pic is reminiscent of an early 70's Johnny Miller swing!  Not that it can't work, but it's harder to be consistent with it.

Yeah, I struggle with that slide lower body position in the two plane swing as well. The one plane swing helps me eliminate other variables that i struggle with in the two plane swing, like the backswing plane, so now i have less problem areas to focus on. 

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

Awesome!  Now you got me thinking I should subscribe…. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

The subscription is good, for $39.99 or whatever it was per month and being able to send in videos to Kirk and get feedback from him. 

Updated 07/15/2022

Figured out on the range today after my round how to stop the slide (or reduce the slide). Just trying to stop doing it or putting something against my hip, none of those work. What I need to feel is trying to keep my trail heel on the ground until impact. Strikes night and day difference

Updated 07/15/2022

Working on the one plane swing, trying to get rid of that hip slide and spin that I have always had. Hitting the ball toe side, which also has always been a problem. 

@Shankster - you sign up for the monthly plan yet?

Updated 07/15/2022

5 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Working on the one plane swing, trying to get rid of that hip slide and spin that I have always had. Hitting the ball toe side, which also has always been a problem. 

@Shankster - you sign up for the monthly plan yet?

Looking good! Have you tried any drills like specifically trying to hit it off the heel? You could do something like placing a tee, a small sliver of paper, etc... on the outside of the ball and focus on hitting it. It's one of the Adam Young drills and helps you get a feeling for moving strike point on the face. 

16 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Looking good! Have you tried any drills like specifically trying to hit it off the heel? You could do something like placing a tee, a small sliver of paper, etc... on the outside of the ball and focus on hitting it. It's one of the Adam Young drills and helps you get a feeling for moving strike point on the face. 

Not yet, but will try those types of drills. Have been working hard to get rid of the slide toward the target move that i have had for a long time. 

Updated 07/15/2022

35 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Not yet, but will try those types of drills. Have been working hard to get rid of the slide toward the target move that i have had for a long time. 

Yeah, it's kind of hard trying to work on multiple things at once. I've messed myself up a few times taking 15 different swing thoughts into a practice session. 

3 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Yeah, it's kind of hard trying to work on multiple things at once. I've messed myself up a few times taking 15 different swing thoughts into a practice session. 

I didn't know there were 15 swing thoughts to think of!!!  😂  One or two at a time...  please!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

12 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I didn't know there were 15 swing thoughts to think of!!!  😂  One or two at a time...  please!

Swing Thoughts – Precision Instruction Online Store

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

• 2 weeks later...

Feeling pretty good about progress with the "one plane swing". Not going to get too caught up if I am actually perfecting the one plane or if it is some sort of hybrid, just going to continue to focus on the core fundamentals of the Kirk Junge system which focuses mostly on setup and hands leading through impact. It's definitely leading to better contact with irons by far. It has also improved my driver swing as well and made my misses more predictable. Generally if I am missing with the big block right or push fade with the driver consistently, it usually means I have let my left hand grip get too weak, for example. 

Updated 07/15/2022

8 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Nope, haven’t signed up yet.  Sounds like you are progressing well though!

Its good to be on the monthly plan, but the method is also pretty simple to learn. I need to take some videos again this week to see if my impact position is better. 

Updated 07/15/2022

Getting close to breaking 90 with this one plane swing. The one plane swing is much more reliable for me but i still have my bad moments. Shot 42 on the front 9 today and followed that with a 50 on the back 9. On the back 9, i wasn’t taking risks, no OB, no penalties, got off the tee fine on most holes, i just forgot how to make solid contact on some shots. 

i need to find another club that i can hit off the tee other than driver when driver would bring into play trouble. Hybrid is definitely not the club. I have actually learned to hit my driver shorter than a normal full driver shot, to be able to stay out of trouble.

Updated 07/15/2022

3 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

i need to find another club that i can hit off the tee other than driver when driver would bring into play trouble.

why not just hit an iron?

i only hit driver 3 times today.  hit 3w on a par 5 and just hit irons on the 14 other holes. 

im assuming the holes you’re talking about are short par 4s. getting home with 2 iron shots shouldn’t be too difficult. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

6 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

why not just hit an iron?

i only hit driver 3 times today.  hit 3w on a par 5 and just hit irons on the 14 other holes. 

im assuming the holes you’re talking about are short par 4s. getting home with 2 iron shots shouldn’t be too difficult. 

There are two holes that i can think of on my home course. Number 10 only plays at like 365, and there is a creek about 260 out (to the front of the creek). I definitely can’t carry it, but i still hit driver and flirt with danger when the fairways are dry in the summer. I’m not a big hitter and the longest iron i have in my bag is a 5 iron at the moment, so it would take me to solid strike 5 irons to make it.

The second hole i am thinking of is short, only about 325 but there is water on the right, not very far off from the fairway. I could comfortably hit a 5 iron but my strategy is to hit as long as possible off the tee on this hole so that i can have the shortest 2nd shot possible over the water. Basically any 2nd shot that is short of the green (unless you miss 20 yards left of the green) is going to hit the bank and roll back in the water.

the cleveland halo xl 4 iron i have on order might help my situation if i can hit it reliably.

Updated 07/15/2022

gotcha. hopefully it works. 

i’d play that first hole as 6i/9i and the second hole as 8i/pw

i understand that closer to the hole is usually better, but on short par 4s like that, the risk of hitting a driver OB outweighs the possible reward of having a chip on to the green. 

at 325 for that second hole, could you play it 7i/7i? or 6i/8i? might be worth a shot. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

@dlow206 just wait for the T300s come in .. 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

18 minutes ago, Nolan220 said:

@dlow206 just wait for the T300s come in .. 

I have no doubt that they will help me. I am expecting more distance than my Srixon ZX5s partially due to the lower lofts plus a bit softer tip shafts. And then I will be installing the Jumbomax XS grips which I feel is important for the one plane swing I am working on. I have one on my driver and a slightly smaller grip (Winn Oversize) on my lob wedge and i really like them, but I want to wait for my T300 set to come to install on the remainder of the irons. 

Updated 07/15/2022

I forgot to also mention, my handicap, which had gone up as high as 22 this year, will be below 20 for the first time starting tomorrow. 

Updated 07/15/2022

3 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

gotcha. hopefully it works. 

i’d play that first hole as 6i/9i and the second hole as 8i/pw

i understand that closer to the hole is usually better, but on short par 4s like that, the risk of hitting a driver OB outweighs the possible reward of having a chip on to the green. 

at 325 for that second hole, could you play it 7i/7i? or 6i/8i? might be worth a shot. 

I want your speed man. 8i/pw on a par 4 is nuts!

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

10 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I have no doubt that they will help me. I am expecting more distance than my Srixon ZX5s partially due to the lower lofts plus a bit softer tip shafts. And then I will be installing the Jumbomax XS grips which I feel is important for the one plane swing I am working on. I have one on my driver and a slightly smaller grip (Winn Oversize) on my lob wedge and i really like them, but I want to wait for my T300 set to come to install on the remainder of the irons. 

Yes you will have more distance with the zx5s but the t300 are sneaky long .. def longer then my jpx900 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

1 hour ago, Nolan220 said:

Yes you will have more distance with the zx5s but the t300 are sneaky long .. def longer then my jpx900 

Sorry, meant that I am expecting more distance with the T300 because they are stronger lofted than the ZX5

Updated 07/15/2022

37 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Sorry, meant that I am expecting more distance with the T300 because they are stronger lofted than the ZX5

ohh gotcha .. I just figured the ZX5s would be longer .. but yea that makes sense.

57 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I will be curious to see what distance you gain since all there is only a 1* difference between the two sets except in the 7&8 iron where the t300 has 2* difference. All things being equal that’s about 6 yards in the 2* gap and 2-3 yards in the 1* gap.

The other thing I’ll be curious to read about is ball height between the two. For me I didn’t see much difference in the 565 and ap3

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1