Dlow206's Quest to Break into the 80s

18 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I've been taking some practices swings with the new method and it feels great. my problem (or one of my problems) with a standard swing is taking the club back too much to the inside, then trying to take it more outside to compensate, etc, and then somehow my clubhead ends up always closed at the top. With the Kirk Junge method, I feel like there is minimal clubhead rotation in the swing, which i like. I've never fully wrapped my head around why clubhead rotation is a good thing in the golf swing. 

I also made a putter grip change a few rounds ago, changed to left hand low. That one felt natural from the start and i have been putting better than ever. 

Good luck with the one-plane swing.  The method does work; it eliminated my slice, but for me it was at the expense of swing speed.  Full disclosure:  I didn't bulk up like BAD did.  🤣  I went back to the 2-plane swing and pick up speed.  At my age I couldn't afford to give any speed up for straight distance.  I will say though that having gone through several years of one-plane swing, it helped me now that I'm on 2-planes again.  Everyone is different and we have to find what works best for each of us.  

• Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I've been taking some practices swings with the new method and it feels great. my problem (or one of my problems) with a standard swing is taking the club back too much to the inside, then trying to take it more outside to compensate, etc, and then somehow my clubhead ends up always closed at the top. With the Kirk Junge method, I feel like there is minimal clubhead rotation in the swing, which i like. I've never fully wrapped my head around why clubhead rotation is a good thing in the golf swing. 

I also made a putter grip change a few rounds ago, changed to left hand low. That one felt natural from the start and i have been putting better than ever. 

That's the same reason I did it to add a kid. It helped my wrists feel less involved to calm down a major slice.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5 - PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS-logo - KZG Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: - Pro V1x | Right Handed

Tracked by :ShotScope:

First time ever hitting a few balls with the Kirk Junge one plane swing. Feels natural, probably doing a million things wrong, but i like it:

@Shankster

• Like 6

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 11/13/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 3 wood, 5 wood - Aldila Ascent 60 S
Irons:titelist-small: T300 5 to SW - LAGP AXS Red 85 Stiff double soft stepped
Wedges:Miura: K-grind 2.0 58 wedge - Xcaliber RT Spin Wedge 100
Putter:  SIK DW Armlock - LAGP 180 armlock shaft

18 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Looked good to me.  

Thanks. I submitted my videos to Kirk Junge since i joined his monthly program to get his feedback. Waiting to get his feedback. 

• Like 2

Updated 11/13/2021

10 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Where's the beard?

Got tired of it lol. Feels much better now. 

• Like 1

Updated 11/13/2021

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Got tired of it lol. Feels much better now. 

I also meant to tell you that the swing is looking good, just was on break at work and had to rush. Best of luck to you with the single plane swing!

• Like 1

So how the Kirk Junge program works is that you pay $39.99 per month and you get access to his Setup 4 Impact video series, and you get video swing analysis, up to 2 sets of videos per week. I just submitted my first set of videos this morning and he already got back to me today with things for me to work on. You can also email him with questions and he is also pretty active along with his other instructors on his Facebook group. Pretty cool program overall so far. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Updated 11/13/2021

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

So how the Kirk Junge program works is that you pay $39.99 per month and you get access to his Setup 4 Impact video series, and you get video swing analysis, up to 2 sets of videos per week. I just submitted my first set of videos this morning and he already got back to me today with things for me to work on. You can also email him with questions and he is also pretty active along with his other instructors on his Facebook group. Pretty cool program overall so far. 

Is the feedback easy to implement so far?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shankster said:

Is the feedback easy to implement so far?

Kirk mentioned that my main issue right now is impact position. This was a still from his analysis that he sent back on my impact position

IMG_1541.PNG.0542eea538f4782617d84628d6cc5c50.PNG

He wants me to work on getting the handle more forward and prescribed a drill to work on from his video series. Started to try to get the feel for it.

IMG_1534.png.2aff135cf3337994f0ab20104ee3186f.png

• Like 4

Updated 11/13/2021

4 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Kirk mentioned that my main issue right now is impact position. This was a still from his analysis that he sent back on my impact position

He wants me to work on getting the handle more forward and prescribed a drill to work on from his video series. Started to try to get the feel for it.

That's it, you got it!

• Like 2

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

6 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Looks like the drill is already paying off. Keep it up and you'll be striping it in no time!

40 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Awesome!  Now you got me thinking I should subscribe…. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Just send @dlow206 $40 each month and he'll tell you the tip they gave him!  One of them has to be the right one for ya eventually!!     😆

• Haha 5

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  :ping-small: Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

@dlow206  in the 'after' pic in addition to your hand position,  your lower body position is much better too.  That much leg movement in the 'before' pic is reminiscent of an early 70's Johnny Miller swing!  Not that it can't work, but it's harder to be consistent with it.

• Like 1

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  :ping-small: Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

46 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

@dlow206  in the 'after' pic in addition to your hand position,  your lower body position is much better too.  That much leg movement in the 'before' pic is reminiscent of an early 70's Johnny Miller swing!  Not that it can't work, but it's harder to be consistent with it.

Yeah, I struggle with that slide lower body position in the two plane swing as well. The one plane swing helps me eliminate other variables that i struggle with in the two plane swing, like the backswing plane, so now i have less problem areas to focus on. 

• Like 4

Updated 11/13/2021

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

Awesome!  Now you got me thinking I should subscribe…. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

The subscription is good, for $39.99 or whatever it was per month and being able to send in videos to Kirk and get feedback from him. 

• Like 1

Updated 11/13/2021

Figured out on the range today after my round how to stop the slide (or reduce the slide). Just trying to stop doing it or putting something against my hip, none of those work. What I need to feel is trying to keep my trail heel on the ground until impact. Strikes night and day difference

• Like 1

Updated 11/13/2021

Working on the one plane swing, trying to get rid of that hip slide and spin that I have always had. Hitting the ball toe side, which also has always been a problem. 

@Shankster - you sign up for the monthly plan yet?

• Like 4

Updated 11/13/2021