FG Final.jpg

Totally want to be a part of this. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

9 hours ago, Undershooter said:

For the record I told him to put "AWESOME" in place of kinda humble. Got shot down 🙄

Berg is a legend in his own mind. 

7 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Important notices are to be put in big lettering to last for eternity, it is the words of commoners that should be swept into the dustbin of history, like your Circus team was by me.

You may have won the battle, but the war has already been won by me. You shall go the way of the British, Confederates, and Germans (twice)!! 

6 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

You mean like your team by ME!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Frankly, that was the only time I’ll ever root for your fantasy teams! Thank you for shutting up our WONDERFUL!!  commissioner! 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

On 12/26/2019 at 10:12 AM, GolfSpy MPR said:

Yep. When we open a thread for review applications, the winner can contact one of the mods and pick himself for that review.

That's a cool award 👍.  I have no idea what Fantrax is and never played any of these on-line fantasy sports contests.  But this being MGS and you all being who you are, I'm game.  I have a low end smartphone that I do not use for MGS (use my laptop); so hopefully I can do this via my laptop. I just created a FT account.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

15 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

That's a cool award 👍.  I have no idea what Fantrax is and never played any of these on-line fantasy sports contests.  But this being MGS and you all being who you are, I'm game.  I have a low end smartphone that I do not use for MGS (use my laptop); so hopefully I can do this via my laptop. I just created a FT account.

I do the fantasy golf using my laptop so you are fine there.    Not that difficult.  you pick your team via a draft.  Then each week you pick which players you want to start.; usually 4 out of your 8 players.   You may have to pick up players if you don't have enough to fill a roster or you can trade with others to try and improve your team.    It is a way to keep engaged in golf tournaments week to week since you have a stake in who plays well. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

22 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I do the fantasy golf using my laptop so you are fine there.    Not that difficult.  you pick your team via a draft.  Then each week you pick which players you want to start.; usually 4 out of your 8 players.   You may have to pick up players if you don't have enough to fill a roster or you can trade with others to try and improve your team.    It is a way to keep engaged in golf tournaments week to week since you have a stake in who plays well. 

That sounds easy enough, thanks!  And, just like my game when I'm on in regulation and within 10 feet... "I should be able to 3 putt from here" 🤣

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Trust me, it’s a lot of fun. Like you, these leagues have been my first fantasy leagues, and it’s been great. Stud, Berg, and Shooter do a wonderful job running the leagues. 

7 hours ago, cnosil said:

Well... this is how some leagues work 😉

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Having played FF for many years now, this is my first foray into a different fantasy sport. When drafting, are we aiming for who we think will perform best all year, and then maybe a couple rotational guys depending on the tournament? Or is it a fresh start each tournament? Thinking the former, but wanted to verify before I research my strategy too much 😅

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

You draft a certain number of players (8 or 9??) just like in FF and you choose 4 to start for the week.

Waivers and FA and trades just like football.

Only difference is you set your lineup before the tournament starts on Thursday.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Be sure that you take a close look at how the scoring works...

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

All will be revealed soon folks,but I'll tell you this. Perhaps those of your forming plans may want to wait for us to discuss some of the changes we're trying to make to smooth the league out in a better fashion.

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

All will be revealed soon folks,but I'll tell you this. Perhaps those of your forming plans may want to wait for us to discuss some of the changes we're trying to make to smooth the league out in a better fashion.

Ooh, does that mean we’re finally allowing punters into the league? I hear most are fantastic golfers.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Does the league runs through the FedEx cup or end just before the start of FedEx?

I want to weigh in on Majors. They should be a higher point value than other tournaments and The Players Championship should be awarded a similar point value.

Reflecting point value associated with FedEx Cup points. Should be relatively easily assimilated. 

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

55 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

Does the league runs through the FedEx cup or end just before the start of FedEx?

I want to weigh in on Majors. They should be a higher point value than other tournaments and The Players Championship should be awarded a similar point value.

Reflecting point value associated with FedEx Cup points. Should be relatively easily assimilated. 

Last year our playoffs coincided with the FedEx Cup playoffs. I’m not sure how the scoring is gonna work this year, but last year we played 5 teams for majors instead of the normal weekly 2.

7 hours ago, GB13 said:

Last year our playoffs coincided with the FedEx Cup playoffs. I’m not sure how the scoring is gonna work this year, but last year we played 5 teams for majors instead of the normal weekly 2.

Sounds good and definitely emphasizes majors.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

56 minutes ago, poprocksncoke said:

Any word of the draft date yet?

No. Next major milestone is the 9th when we'll finalize the participants. Once that happens, we'll hold a few league votes to include draft availability and work from there. We want to continue marching forward but need to ensure it's not rushed either.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I'm in! Should be fun. Never done golf before.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

While we're in a small lull, here's some small changes in scoring us commisheses have decided:

FG Scoring.jpg

Highlighted cells are different from last year.  For those new to the league, some of the stats compound on each other.  For example, a W in a playoff gets you 24 points (CtM, T25,10,5,W,Plyf) and a Hole-in-One gets you 5 (H1,Eag).  

There will be a few votes to come on overall format but the scoring method won't be affected regardless of the direction we choose.  If there's any stats you'd like to see added, please speak now or forever hold your peace.

==================================

And a public service announcement.....

The following players need to go into Fantrax and change their team name or abbreviation to be something closer to their forum name so we actually know who you are.  Even something as simple as (username) at the end of your unique name will do:

@Dmattband1225 @ZJBogey2 @Hackster @gobama84 @the_hammer @fixyurdivot @Golfermarcus @armour248 @newballcoach @edingc @Nunfa0 @revkev @JB TexasEx@jddaigneault

FG Scoring.jpg

Seems as though the finishes should be rewarded differently.
i.e. Someone who finishes top 5 should receive more points than someone who finished 25th

Right now top 25 is all 5 points.
I would think those would be more graduated...
Top 05 - 9
Top 10 - 7
Top 25 - 5 

MISSED THE COMPOUNDING!  DOH!

W = 20
1-5 = 15
6-10 = 10
11-25 = 5

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

21 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

While we're in a small lull, here's some small changes in scoring us commisheses have decided:

FG Scoring.jpg

Highlighted cells are different from last year.  For those new to the league, some of the stats compound on each other.  For example, a W in a playoff gets you 24 points (CtM, T25,10,5,W,Plyf) and a Hole-in-One gets you 5 (H1,Eag).  

There will be a few votes to come on overall format but the scoring method won't be affected regardless of the direction we choose.  If there's any stats you'd like to see added, please speak now or forever hold your peace.

==================================

And a public service announcement.....

The following players need to go into Fantrax and change their team name or abbreviation to be something closer to their forum name so we actually know who you are.  Even something as simple as (username) at the end of your unique name will do:

@Dmattband1225 @ZJBogey2 @Hackster @gobama84 @the_hammer @fixyurdivot @Golfermarcus @armour248 @newballcoach @edingc @Nunfa0 @revkev @JB TexasEx@jddaigneault

Fantrax may not be able to handle this but some ideas for 'bonuses':
Streak of 3 Birdies of Better (Max 1 Per Round): 3 points
Bogey Free Round: 3 points
All 4 Rounds Under 70 Strokes: 5 points

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Seems as though the finishes should be rewarded differently.
i.e. Someone who finishes top 5 should receive more points than someone who finished 25th

Right now top 25 is all 5 points.
I would think those would be more graduated...
Top 05 - 9
Top 10 - 7
Top 25 - 5 

Similar to how the scoring is scaled from high to low.

This is how one site handles it... doesn't need to be this specific but the points are scaled.
TOURNAMENT FINISH SCORING
1st: 30 points
2nd: 20 points
3rd: 18 points
4th: 16 points
5th: 14 points
6th: 12 points
7th: 10 points
8th: 9 points
9th: 8 points
10th: 7 points
11th–15th: 6 points
16th–20th: 5 points
21st–25th: 4 points

Did you read the part in my post that said those stats compound on each other?

Here's how it breaks down:

• Win in playoff - 24
  • Win - 22
  • Make playoff but finish runner up - 19
  • Top 5 - 17
  • Top 10 - 12
  • Top 25 - 7
  • Made Cut but lower than 25th - 2

Then the per-hole stats just fall in wherever they may.

1 minute ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Did you read the part in my post that those stats compound on each other?

🤦‍♂️ ... I am such an idiot - totally missed that part.  sorry!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Too late to join in? If not, I’m down! You should have my email address already, but lmk if you need it again.

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I am in. Looking forward to it.. no Spieth for me this year..

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

3 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I like the above ideas....I'd also add a bonus such as rounds with 4-6+ birdies, birdie after a bogey. 

Instead of just top 5/or Top10, what about more granularity (outside of compounding) 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, ect...If you place 2nd shouldnt you get more than someone placing 5th? 

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver 

:taylormade-small: M2 3 Wood or  :ping-small: G410 7 Wood

:taylormade-small: 3 Hybrid or :ping-small: G Crossover 3i
:ping-small:  G410 5i-GW (White Dot, Stiff)  
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser 
:918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Range Finder 

3 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Sadly Stroker, those are a bit outside of what Fantrax can do without heavy lifting from us on the backend. We could make it work potentially, it would just take some work from us. Also, and I said this yesterday when @GolfSpy STUDque and @Undershooter and I came up with those few changes to the scoring system based on last year's thread and editing the overpowering of pars, with as many newbies as we have, maybe going a little less crazy in stats might be the best play, and this is coming from a guy who tried to work all the effective averages of te wild stats we had in the Circus Football league with @GolfSpy STUDque.

So I'm not saying this to stifle consideration, just know that we are listening to all suggestions and discussing them in what's in the best interest of everyone, which admittedly as large as we are going to be, can be a total and complete challenge.

SIK Golf Flo-C

To give you guys an idea, besides what you see on Page 4 for scoring here is a list of the other categories not in use, and maybe you'll get an idea of what we are working with.

• Average Place
  • Birdies or Better
  • Birdies/Bogies/Doubles/Eagles Per Round
  • FedEx Cup Points
  • Final Rounds Played (scoring only round 4)
  • Holes Played
  • Holes per Birdie/Bogey/Double/Eagle/Par
  • Money Earned
  • Over Par
  • Par Breakers
  • Place
  • Rounds Played
  • Scoring Average
  • Score, including before and after cut
  • Total Strokes

We think with the stats we have we've got pretty all additional ones covered in all honest, but are open if anyone feels a specific way about any of these additional stats.

SIK Golf Flo-C

On 1/1/2020 at 9:34 PM, Bucky CC said:

Ooh, does that mean we’re finally allowing punters into the league? I hear most are fantastic golfers.

NEVER!

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged