Hot Links...

Scoring: CLICK HERE

Fantasy 101: Click Here

Draft Prep: Click Here

Poll Results, Their Effects on the League, and Playoff Format: CLICK HERE

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Our Sponsors

11 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Anyone curious to know what the winning team looks like? 

11 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

So how does this waivers process work?  

Yea you can go and look at my roster if you want. 

I kid, I kid. It's too early to tell.

Quick breakdown of FAAB for those new to it. 

Alright, so start off by selecting the player you want. On the right hand side of the screen a reddish box will appear, asking for a bid amount. Bid how much you think it will cost to get him. Keep in mind others may want him, but also keep in mind that you have a budget. $2 = 1% of your budget for the rest of the year. Bid sizes are from $0 to $200 in $1 increments. Yes you can bid $0 and win. Myself and @GolfSpy Stroker did this quite a bit in football(him more than me). You just have to hope that nobody else bids, if you bid $0. Also, if 2 players bid the same on a player, tie goes to the player that bid first.

These waivers will run every Tuesday morning at 5am. Dropped players will go to waivers until 5am Wednesday giving people time to bid on them as well.

If any player makes it through waivers without a bid, then they are a free agent and can be claimed by anyone immediately at no cost.

• Like 3

I’d say the draft went 10x better this year for me than it did last year; glad I was able to get my pre-rankings set up right

Good luck to all and we’ll see if I’m feeling like wheeling and dealing anyone

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I dunno if I just wildly overspent on waiver claims or not. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤔

• Like 2

I dunno if I just wildly overspent on waiver claims or not. 🤷🏼‍♂️

We’ve got $200 to blow 🤷🏽‍♂️ why not??

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Quick question -- what is the roster format? I forget what we ended up deciding on and can't find it by searching.

Good draft night for sure... Late on for me with working in Europe but only managed to sleep through my first pick and still got rahm who I wanted anyway. 

Thanks for all those who participated and organized went very smooth and only missed out on 2 of the guys I was hopeful for. More then willing to wheel and deal and see what we can come up with! 

Good luck everyone and looking forward to another fun season. 

• Like 3

I drafted on my iPad and with my first pick at 54 I was trying to get "Cantlay" and the iPad kept auto correcting to "can't lay" when I was searching for him.  With the clock ticking I had to get Day, he is on the trading block if anyone is interested.

• Like 1

Something odd to see on the waiver wires: some guys who you can either claim OR trade for. A quirk of having four copies of every guy, but it threw me when I first saw it.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, GB13 said:

I dunno if I just wildly overspent on waiver claims or not. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤔

how does that even work? I am still trying to figure out how everything works on the app and what you can do. First timer problems. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

how does that even work? I am still trying to figure out how everything works on the app and what you can do. First timer problems. 

To copy/paste from my post earlier on this page:

Alright, so start off by selecting the player you want. On the right hand side of the screen a reddish box will appear, asking for a bid amount. Bid how much you think it will cost to get him. Keep in mind others may want him, but also keep in mind that you have a budget. $2 = 1% of your budget for the rest of the year. Bid sizes are from $0 to $200 in $1 increments. Yes you can bid $0 and win. Myself and @GolfSpy Stroker did this quite a bit in football(him more than me). You just have to hope that nobody else bids, if you bid $0. Also, if 2 players bid the same on a player, tie goes to the player that bid first.

These waivers will run every Tuesday morning at 5am. Dropped players will go to waivers until 5am Wednesday giving people time to bid on them as well.

If any player makes it through waivers without a bid, then they are a free agent and can be claimed by anyone immediately at no cost.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

To copy/paste from my post earlier on this page:

Alright, so start off by selecting the player you want. On the right hand side of the screen a reddish box will appear, asking for a bid amount. Bid how much you think it will cost to get him. Keep in mind others may want him, but also keep in mind that you have a budget. $2 = 1% of your budget for the rest of the year. Bid sizes are from $0 to $200 in $1 increments. Yes you can bid $0 and win. Myself and @GolfSpy Stroker did this quite a bit in football(him more than me). You just have to hope that nobody else bids, if you bid $0. Also, if 2 players bid the same on a player, tie goes to the player that bid first.

Sorry didnt read back, just thought to ask the question. Thank you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quigleyd said:

Sorry didnt read back, just thought to ask the question. Thank you. 

All good. I just want you to see the info

• Like 1

Being the obvious but not intended pest. Is there somewhere we can learn where to navigate the site? I looked through the thread and do not see info that would be helpful here. For example the waiver wire. Thanks again. sorry for being the dumb dumb. 

Since we (meaning ME) seem to still have questions about waivers.  I am assuming we only see players that have not been picked 4 times, so why would someone drop a player they picked up via the draft for an undrafted player?  I guess if you auto drafted that might be the case.

5 minutes ago, gobama84 said:

Since we (meaning ME) seem to still have questions about waivers.  I am assuming we only see players that have not been picked 4 times, so why would someone drop a player they picked up via the draft for an undrafted player?  I guess if you auto drafted that might be the case.

Yes, that's one reason.  Your first 2 adds won't need a drop since they're filling empty spots on the roster; you can just click "Submit Now" and carry on.  

6 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

Being the obvious but not intended pest. Is there somewhere we can learn where to navigate the site? I looked through the thread and do not see info that would be helpful here. For example the waiver wire. Thanks again. sorry for being the dumb dumb. 

Fantrax has an FAQ section along the top bar to help you navigate their site.  TO answer this specific question, the waiver wire can be found under "Players"

• Like 1

Strategy.

Players don’t play every week so you may end up in a situation where you only have a couple of players playing. You can hope those player knock it out of the park and you get a win or you can drop a player and pick someone up that is in the tournament. Also players get hurt, do you keep them hoping they come back quickly or pick up someone else to maximize players

Probably not going to drop your big guns to save them for the majors and big tourneys. Mid to lower tier will be added and dropped based on how well they are performing.

How about that guy that never played well but has a breakout season, may want to throw a bid out and see if you can get him

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Yes, that's one reason.  Your first 2 adds won't need a drop since they're filling empty spots on the roster; you can just click "Submit Now" and carry on.  

Fantrax has an FAQ section along the top bar to help you navigate their site.  TO answer this specific question, the waiver wire can be found under "Players"

Thanks, I am finding the website is much easier to navigate as well.