GolfSpy STUDque

Hot Links...

Scoring: CLICK HERE

Fantasy 101: Click Here

Draft Prep: Click Here

Poll Results, Their Effects on the League, and Playoff Format: CLICK HERE

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Our Sponsors

The star means they're counting towards your best 4, the check means they're playing in the upcoming event. With all zeros, it'll look a little funny but I expect it to sort out once events start happening. 
I guess it's good to see the check since it's more professional but a small piece of me misses the lettuce logo it used to look like. 

Thanks for clarifying Stud!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I'm kinda like'n my team and I've got bids in on some really good waiver wire pickups🏌️‍♂️

image.png.fd2b1698721ae9a07d1b1aa0eb769703.png

Not really sure why Xander doesn't have a star.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

The star means they're counting towards your best 4

Any idea how the "best" is calculated?  Is it based on a career composite, current season statistics, ogwr, the MGS draft... some combination of these?

Just now, fixyurdivot said:

Any idea how the "best" is calculated?  Is it based on a career composite, current season statistics, ogwr, the MGS draft... some combination of these?

Once the next event starts, it'll be the best scores of the tournament. No clue what it's doing now. Probably something arbitrary.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

I'm kinda like'n my team and I've got bids in on some really good waiver wire pickups🏌️‍♂️

Yea, that's a solid roster.  Also curious why Hoffman (instead of Xander) would be among your best 4.  But then, we don't know how "best" is determined...yet.

Just now, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Probably something arbitrary.

Perfect, that is right inline with my draft algorithm 🤣 

• Haha 1

Has anyone figured out a way to see who has which players on their roster - other than opening everyone's team individually?  Certainly someone has a Patrick Reed they drafted but are in pain having to see him on their roster... I can help. let's talk 😄.

If we still could view the FTx chat box during the draft, it would show every player picked and by who.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daviddvm said:

Because he isn't playing in the american express event.   While we are starting the league next week,  others may have started months ago with the start of the season. 

43 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Has anyone figured out a way to see who has which players on their roster - other than opening everyone's team individually?  Certainly someone has a Patrick Reed they drafted but are in pain having to see him on their roster... I can help. let's talk 😄.

If we still could view the FTx chat box during the draft, it would show every player picked and by who.

One the website under team there is a "team roster chart" selection.  It will show the players on every team 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

The star means they're counting towards your best 4, the check means they're playing in the upcoming event. With all zeros, it'll look a little funny but I expect it to sort out once events start happening. 

I guess it's good to see the check since it's more professional but a small piece of me misses the lettuce logo it used to look like. 

Thanks Stud!! It was driving me crazy trying to figure out what it meant!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

One the website under team there is a "team roster chart" selection.  It will show the players on every team 

Dang.  I didn't notice the drop down option under the team entry.  Thanks

So I see @Undershooterhas selected two of his team for our match at The Farmers.  Near as I can tell, only one player on my current roster is listed in the "committed players".  I have bids on players and hope to pick some/all up this Tuesday, but what happens if you cannot select (4) players for each event?

I clicked the grey circle next to my players name and a little green check mark showed up (presume this to mean he's selected)?  When I refreshed the screen, it now shows the same green check under CH3 - but I did not select him and he's not on the committed players list 🤨

So I see [mention=27071]Undershooter[/mention]has selected two of his team for our match at The Farmers.  Near as I can tell, only one player on my current roster is listed in the "committed players".  I have bids on players and hope to pick some/all up this Tuesday, but what happens if you cannot select (4) players for each event?

This is the situation that has been discussed previously but if you don’t have 4 guys playing in the event you can either pick up someone else that is in the tourney or roll with who you have. This is where the strategy of do you drop a player for someone else knowing that it is possible somebody else may pick him up.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

I expect my team to show up ready to play every damn week... what are we running here a country club 😡.  Now I need to go back in and check my waivers list for chronic truancy.  Does the FTx system automatically keep you from selecting players who have not committed to the event?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I expect my team to show up ready to play every damn week... what are we running here a country club 😡.  Now I need to go back in and check my waivers list for chronic truancy.  Does the FTx system automatically keep you from selecting players who have not committed to the event?

You don't have to select anyone to play. Best ball format won out so it will automatically select your best 4 players at the end of each week. The gold star shows who is currently selected but it will change as the week goes on. With that said, it is ideal to have at least 4 guys active for the week. You aren't required to have 4 active though. Thats part of the strategy to it.

The small green check mark shows who is projected to play the upcoming event. It's best to double check it though when possible, bc guys pull out of events at the last minute quite often. 

2 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

You don't have to select anyone to play. Best ball format won out so it will automatically select your best 4 players at the end of each week. The gold star shows who is currently selected but it will change as the week goes on.

The small green check mark shows who is projected to play the upcoming event. It's best to double check it though when possible, bc guys pull out of events at the last minute quite often. 

Ahh, that's helpful... had it hosed up bigly.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Undershooter said:

It's best to double check it though when possible, bc guys pull out of events at the last minute quite often. 

@fixyurdivot One thing I found helpful is to follow your players on SM. That's usually the first place you'll see news that they've committed, pulled out of a tournament, or newly qualified for something.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

@fixyurdivot One thing I found helpful is to follow your players on SM. That's usually the first place you'll see news that they've committed, pulled out of a tournament, or newly qualified for something.

Very good idea here. I got booted from the playoffs last year bc I set my lineup on a Tuesday and then someone pulled out of a playoff event on a Wednesday. I never went back and checked my lineup, so I was a man short for the event.

But if the system is automatically selecting the best (4) players on a roster, why the need to monitor their status (withdrawal)?  Doesn't it automatically replace that player with the next best on the list - if there is one in the field to choose from?  Are you able to override the auto-pick and choose another player(s) if desired?

48 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

But if the system is automatically selecting the best (4) players on a roster, why the need to monitor their status (withdrawal)?  Doesn't it automatically replace that player with the next best on the list - if there is one in the field to choose from?  Are you able to override the auto-pick and choose another player(s) if desired?

You might not have 4 players on your roster that are active that week. For example, I currently have 2 on my roster that will play this week. The other 4 aren't playing Farmers.