GolfSpy STUDque

Hot Links...

Scoring: CLICK HERE

Fantasy 101: Click Here

Draft Prep: Click Here

Poll Results, Their Effects on the League, and Playoff Format: CLICK HERE

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Our Sponsors

Just want to put this out there; been getting lots of trade offers for Morikawa.   We are in week one of the season and I am not really looking for trades.   I would be willing to trade him for the right price,  but as Blackngold_blood said, don't send me middle tier players, players with lots of 2019 fantasy points, or players that I can pick up off the waiver wire.  If you want him it won't come cheap; offer up those top 20 in the world players that play often.  

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I do have a newbie question - are the standings that I see correct for the first two rounds? The scoring looks ridiculously high to me.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Check Standings, then Season Stats. 

• Like 1

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

I do have a newbie question - are the standings that I see correct for the first two rounds? The scoring looks ridiculously high to me.

Thanks

Check Standings, then Season Stats. 

HighFade is correct here if you wish to see how you are standing this week.  The points look big because we have 59 matchups every week. If you go to standings then season stats it will show you team ranking in points this week without multiplying it. Then next week do the same but then sort it to show just the waste management tourney to see that week only. (Thanks to Bardle for this one.) Everybody with more points than you are obviously the matchups you are currently losing and vise versa for wins.  Once this week is finished the standing will show win/loss but for now everybody is 0-0 which is why it is sorted by points scored as that is the tie breaker. 

• Like 3

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Thanks

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Ha!  Unseated the king!  If only for a day....

• Like 1

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

Spoke too soon.  Down by .15 points 

• Like 1

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

Spoke too soon.  Down by .15 points 
If my calculations are correct 2.5. I'm still missing a birdie and a par

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Just, WHAT?!?!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:titelist-small: 975D 10.5*

:ping-small:  Eye 2 Persimmon Woods (3/5)

:wilson_staff_small:  D7 4-GW, KBS 105

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

Just, WHAT?!?!
[/url]  
Seen it live and couldn't believe my eyes. I have never seen anything like that before and probably never will.

• Like 1

Seen it live and couldn't believe my eyes. I have never seen anything like that before and probably never will.

[/url]
Just saw that on Twitter and it was insane! It looked like the ball was in the bottom of the cup and something just pushed it out. Crazy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

First week in the books without any problems for a league this size is a huge bonus!

Still willing to listen to offers for Xander if anyone is interested.

• Like 1

Wow this is going to be a tough league.  I had 1st place, 5th, and a third guy that made the cut and I couldn't even crack the top 5!

• Sad 1

Zoinks!  Is that a ghost?  👻 Check out our review thread for the N.S. Pro Modus3 Hybrid G.O.S.T. shaft.

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 10.5°, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X
Fairway Wood:  :cobra-small: F9, Fujikura ATMOS TS Black 7 X flex
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, N.S. Pro Modus3 G.O.S.T. Tour S
4 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, Fujikura ATMOS 7 Stiff
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: KING Black 50°, 54°, 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2

My team of replacements is doing well.

• Like 2

Man, does it look weird to see my record as 26-33-0 after Week One of a season 🤣

• Haha 1

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

19 hours ago, Tarheelvolvo said:

Just, WHAT?!?!

Backspin can be a friend and foe 🙂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

12 hours ago, Shankster said:

My team of replacements is doing well.

What is your team name?  I know it was stated earlier that "it's a long season" but this start seems insurmountable 😧.  I'm surprised only one player on my roster showed up for the event; sure hope this isn't a trend.  I'm also getting the impression that much of the trade churn is simply jockeying for players who have committed to the next event - having four tee off on Thursday increases the odds.  Q-school is a ******! 😆

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

What is your team name?  I know it was stated earlier that "it's a long season" but this start seems insurmountable .  I'm surprised only one player on my roster showed up for the event; sure hope this isn't a trend.  I'm also getting the impression that much of the trade churn is simply jockeying for players who have committed to the next event - having four tee off on Thursday increases the odds.  Q-school is a ******! 

Obi-Wan-Shankobi

What is your team name?  I know it was stated earlier that "it's a long season" but this start seems insurmountable .  I'm surprised only one player on my roster showed up for the event; sure hope this isn't a trend.  I'm also getting the impression that much of the trade churn is simply jockeying for players who have committed to the next event - having four tee off on Thursday increases the odds.  Q-school is a ******! 

After week one, no lead is insurmountable especially since players don’t play every week. One week your entire roster is playing, the next none
Of them are. Now you have to strategize....Do you drop players and pick up someone playing? Do you hold them because they are good? I personally don’t use trades for a single week, I look at long term value. How many tournaments does he play, will he qualify for majors, does he make cuts. You can always find players for an event an some will perform well, you just have to look at who you are dropping for that player.
  • Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

What is your team name?  I know it was stated earlier that "it's a long season" but this start seems insurmountable 😧.  I'm surprised only one player on my roster showed up for the event; sure hope this isn't a trend.  I'm also getting the impression that much of the trade churn is simply jockeying for players who have committed to the next event - having four tee off on Thursday increases the odds.  Q-school is a ******! 😆

Nothing is insurmountable with this many match-ups each week. Even if you go 0-59, that basically only equates to an 0-1 week if you have 1 match-up per week. 1 good week will rocket people up and down the scoreboard.

Slow starts don't equate to a lot in fantasy golf anyway. 2 seasons ago, the winner was in last place after the first quarter of the season. Last season there were multiple playoff teams with losing records a third of the way through the year. Plus, this season, you only have to be in the top 30 to make the playoffs. Lot of season left!

Edit: Didn't see that Cnosil had already responded with something similar while I was typing this. 

• Like 6

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag