GolfSpy STUDque

Hot Links...

Scoring: CLICK HERE

Fantasy 101: Click Here

Draft Prep: Click Here

Poll Results, Their Effects on the League, and Playoff Format: CLICK HERE

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Our Sponsors

Just to be clear, the system auto selects the top four ranked players on our roster and in the field for each event - and there is no option to change that line-up?

Each week the system will use the top scoring players for that week. A maximum of 4 players will be used. Why would you want to change that lineup?
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

Each week the system will use the top scoring players for that week. A maximum of 4 players will be used. Why would you want to change that lineup?

I refer you back to my sophisticated winning algorithm 😆.  Mostly just a gut feel thing.  Like thinking Scott Piercy has been pretty hot of late but ready for a collapse.  Yea, statistically not the best odds, but it would add another dimension to managing one's team.

Thanks for confirming guys!

My team is like the Dodgers are in baseball and that is built for the regular season. I need to pick up some studs to make any noise in the playoffs if I even get there.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Are most of you using the website or the app?

11 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

Are most of you using the website or the app?

exclusively use the website. 

I use both. But website is better

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I am mainly trying to figure out how you list players for trade.

Website only and with chrome. I started with Edge and it was really slow.

You guys are right, I will definitely be sticking through with the league. Just discouraged when I'm losing 5-6 games a week against teams with 2 or 3 top 20 players and I don't have anyone inside the top 50. I mean sure, its my fault and I'm not expecting sympathy, but being locked away from the most exciting players definitely reduces your enjoyment of the league. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, newballcoach said:

You guys are right, I will definitely be sticking through with the league. Just discouraged when I'm losing 5-6 games a week against teams with 2 or 3 top 20 players and I don't have anyone inside the top 50. I mean sure, its my fault and I'm not expecting sympathy, but being locked away from the most exciting players definitely reduces your enjoyment of the league. 

I missed the entire fantasy football draft.  Ended up with 5 QBs on the bench.  One starting RB out for the season and my second starting RB was a backup.  That being said I finished a hair under .500 for the season but was in the playoff hunt all year.  Towards the end my team was pretty good.  Point is a lot can change and in this format hang in there.

• Like 8

Anyone else do this? Although I have 6 guys going this week, I still felt like I had to evaluate the FA list with extreme scrutiny just in case someone better was out there. Didn't end up making a move so Van Rooyen better go nuts this week! I'm the only one that has him so that'll be a big boost if he does. 

To give you an idea of how deep, I even used the "extra" stats categories Fantrax uses. You can really get lost comparing holes per birdie against boogies per round and beyond. Am I alone in the insanity here? Probably just me and @fixyurdivot on analytics island lol. 

@Quigleyd I'm majority app but have to get on desktop time to time for commissioner things. They're both fine but I need the portability since I don't get time to sit at my home computer much. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Anyone else do this? Although I have 6 guys going this week, I still felt like I had to evaluate the FA list with extreme scrutiny just in case someone better was out there. Didn't end up making a move so Van Rooyen better go nuts this week! I'm the only one that has him so that'll be a big boost if he does. 
To give you an idea of how deep, I even used the "extra" stats categories Fantrax uses. You can really get lost comparing holes per birdie against boogies per round and beyond. Am I alone in the insanity here? Probably just me and [mention=81655]fixyurdivot[/mention] on analytics island lol. 

[mention=76367]Quigleyd[/mention] I'm majority app but have to get on desktop time to time for commissioner things. They're both fine but I need the portability since I don't get time to sit at my home computer much. 

Nope, I do the same thing. I have my list of players that won’t get dropped and those that are constantly evaluated against the free agents. I look a point trends, money earned, average place, and all the other extra stats.

This week I had 7 playing and was still evaluating if I thought there was a better option in the pool
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

To give you an idea of how deep, I even used the "extra" stats categories Fantrax uses. You can really get lost comparing holes per birdie against boogies per round and beyond. Am I alone in the insanity here? Probably just me and @fixyurdivot on analytics island lol. 

@Quigleyd I'm majority app but have to get on desktop time to time for commissioner things. They're both fine but I need the portability since I don't get time to sit at my home computer much. 

Thanks, i think the major piece that I am not fully understand is the trade block. How to add players or make trade offers. What is the simplest way to do that?

On 2/12/2020 at 7:55 AM, newballcoach said:

I'm currently in 52nd place. That's exactly 10 spots worse than you and I'm not worried in the slightest.

Everybody freaks out bc of a bad start and there's no reason to. Just work to be ranked in the top 30 by seasons end and have a good playoff roster. 

• Like 2

Thanks, i think the major piece that I am not fully understand is the trade block. How to add players or make trade offers. What is the simplest way to do that?

For me I found the best way to make trade offers is to find a player/players you want on a team you want to trade with. There is a trade button on mobile to the right of the drop button for the player your looking at. Click that for any players you want then hit next and that will take you to your team. Then select the player/players you want to trade away the same way. Once you have chosen all the players for that particular trade hit submit. Don’t be alarmed if it says it will make rosters illegal as you or the other party can release someone if it is accepted. You can also write a message to go along with the trade if you wish. I’ll see if I can get a screen shot of what I’m talking about for the button

• Like 2

Nice pick up [mention=66781]Wedgie[/mention]. CHIII off of waivers is a good find. And to think I offered him Casey plus some for him and Wolff. 

• Like 1

Nice pick up [mention=66781]Wedgie[/mention]. CHIII off of waivers is a good find. And to think I offered him Casey plus some for him and Wolff. 

How bad you still want him?

• Haha 1