TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 MGS FANTASY GOLF LEAGUE

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

FG Final.jpg

Congrats Apollowshowl... I came gunning for you but fell short...you da man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

1 hour ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

CONGRATULATIONS 2020 MYGOLFSPY FANTASY GOLF CHAMPION
APOLLOWSHOWL

We got everything we could've hoped for in this year's finals. In the end, one stands above the rest. It is with great honor that I pass the Fantasy Golf Champion badge to your profile. Wear it with pride for the next year. Thanks to everyone for making this a great season and working with the breaks as they were thrown our way. For those curious, here's your final standings:

FG Final.jpg

Congrats @Apolloshowl !!  Great win!  

Thanks to the Commissioners for running this league.  This was my first time playing fantasy golf and loved it!  Looking forward to next season!

WITB:

Driver:  Callaway Big Bertha Fusion

Fairway:  Cobra F6 Baffler 4/5

Hybrids:  Cobra F7 (3/4);  Cobra F8 (5)

Irons:  Cobra F7 OL 6-GW

Wedge:  Cleveland CBX 54*/58*

Putter:  Odyssey Dual Force 2

man i only got 2 guys this week too

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Thanks everyone! It was a ton of fun to play this season and got pretty fortunate with Mackenzie Hughes pickup late in the season. MVP award for my team definitely goes to him. 
Thanks also to the commissioners for running the league and of course MGS for the amazing prize at the end of it. 
Had an absolute blast and looking forward to the badge (guess I should get one removed probably Broke 80) and defending the title next season!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Thanks everyone! It was a ton of fun to play this season and got pretty fortunate with Mackenzie Hughes pickup late in the season. MVP award for my team definitely goes to him. 
Thanks also to the commissioners for running the league and of course MGS for the amazing prize at the end of it. 
Had an absolute blast and looking forward to the badge (guess I should get one removed probably Broke 80) and defending the title next season!

Last man standing! Great job!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Congrats!

And thanks commissioners for putting this on. 

If only I advanced past the 1st round in playoffs...my team came to play the last two weeks when I wasnt in it! 😞 

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver 

:taylormade-small: M2 3 Wood or  :ping-small: G410 7 Wood

:taylormade-small: 3 Hybrid or :ping-small: G Crossover 3i
:ping-small:  G410 5i-GW (White Dot, Stiff)  
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser 
:918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Range Finder 

Congratulations @Apolloshowlon the win!  I already know where you'll be using your golden ticket...

Spoiler

starts with an M and ends with an O 😉

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

2 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Congratulations @Apolloshowlon the win!  I already know where you'll be using your golden ticket...

Hide contents

starts with an M and ends with an O 😉

If you are suggesting Mizuno then that very well may be! I have also been thinking about a new driver the last while so thats on top of mind as well. I get the pleasure of being a international Lefty so my options may be limited, however I will without a doubt look forward to another review opportunity and be happy for a bit of a break between the end of SuperSpeed and the next one. On another side note looks like I may be joining a club in the next couple months and apparently they often have year round seasons 🙂 Move away from Canadas winter is sounding pretty good now!
Thanks!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

2 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

If you are suggesting Mizuno then that very well may be! I have also been thinking about a new driver the last while so thats on top of mind as well. I get the pleasure of being a international Lefty so my options may be limited, however I will without a doubt look forward to another review opportunity and be happy for a bit of a break between the end of SuperSpeed and the next one. On another side note looks like I may be joining a club in the next couple months and apparently they often have year round seasons 🙂 Move away from Canadas winter is sounding pretty good now!
Thanks!

Whatever you pick, it will be awesome.

I can relate with the winter issues, I would love to live somewhere where the weather is good for golf year around, but moving down south could mean having to deal with triple digits heat in the summer.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Congrats!! 

when are we starting 2021?

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

6 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Thanks!

This is why we created snowbirding (and sunbirding)... life's too short to suffer inclement, non golf friendly weather 🙂

4 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

Congrats!! 

when are we starting 2021?

Congratulations @Apolloshowl !  You took everything we could throw at you and still came out on top.

And we're starting the new season on Thursday, right?  

Enjoy your off-season.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

So, as a way to put a bow on this fantasy season, I guess it's time for me for put together the closing post.

First, a congratulations to @Apolloshowl for his victory. It was tight there at the end but having 4 guys seemed to be the way for him to get it done. Having been involved in a review opportunity with him in the past, I know he'll make great use of that golden ticket and put forth an incredible review for all of you guys when he gets his choice. 

Second, I want to thank all of our players for this season. Thank you for being flexible with us. Obviously 2020 has been a battle for everyone, but we're happy that we were able to bring this league to a fitting and rousing conclusion and a worthy winner. 

Third, a huge thank you to my fellow commissioners @GolfSpy STUDque and @Undershooter. We may have had our disagreements about things and how we needed to set things up, but I wouldn't do this with any other dudes... except maybe @Bucky CC *wink wink*.

Fourth, The 2021 Fantasy Season will likely start sometime around January, just so you know. We normally start with the California Swing for those of you who are new, but that's normally our start so keep watching this space.

Fifth, we understand that we are not above reproach as commissioners. Should you have any suggestions as how to improve our league, either post them here or hit us with a private message. If we can make it happen we will try to do it. I know we're at least going to look at lineup options, moving away from the best ball format of this year to make choosing a lineup imperative. But if you think scoring if off, we need to change the schedule, anything, let us know

Lastly, I hope all of you enjoy the off season and watching these next two majors as fans. We'll see you in 2021!

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Just now, Berg Ryman said:

So, as a way to put a bow on this fantasy season, I guess it's time for me for put together the closing post.

First, a congratulations to @Apolloshowl for his victory. It was tight there at the end but having 4 guys seemed to be the way for him to get it done. Having been involved in a review opportunity with him in the past, I know he'll make great use of that golden ticket and put forth an incredible review for all of you guys when he gets his choice. 

Second, I want to thank all of our players for this season. Thank you for being flexible with us. Obviously 2020 has been a battle for everyone, but we're happy that we were able to bring this league to a fitting and rousing conclusion and a worthy winner. 

Third, a huge thank you to my fellow commissioners @GolfSpy STUDque and @Undershooter. We may have had our disagreements about things and how we needed to set things up, but I wouldn't do this with any other dudes... except maybe @Bucky CC *wink wink*.

Fourth, The 2021 Fantasy Season will likely start sometime around January, just so you know. We normally start with the California Swing for those of you who are new, but that's normally our start so keep watching this space.

Fifth, we understand that we are not above reproach as commissioners. Should you have any suggestions as how to improve our league, either post them here or hit us with a private message. If we can make it happen we will try to do it. I know we're at least going to look at lineup options, moving away from the best ball format of this year to make choosing a lineup imperative. But if you think scoring if off, we need to change the schedule, anything, let us know

Lastly, I hope all of you enjoy the off season and watching these next two majors as fans. We'll see you in 2021!

Thanks to all of you for putting this together and congrats to Apolloshowl on the win.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

1 hour ago, Wedgie said:

Thanks to all of you for putting this together and congrats to Apolloshowl on the win.

+1 to the league coordinators.  With my rookie season complete, I'm looking forward to a better showing in 2021.

3 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

This was my first dip into any fantasy sport. It was super fun and I for sure picked up where I made mistakes. I will say I think it was well run and fair. Looking forward to next year!. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

Can't wait to join for the 2021 season! Congrats to @Apolloshowl

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver