FG Final.jpg

Our Sponsors

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

CONGRATULATIONS 2020 MYGOLFSPY FANTASY GOLF CHAMPION APOLLOSHOWL We got everything we could've hoped for in this year's finals. In the end, one stands above the rest. It is with great honor tha

Poll Results, Their Effects on the League, and the Playoff Format Here's a quick rundown of how the polls shook out and how they affect your week-to-week team management.... Draft Date &a

Welcome to Fantasy Golf... in the year 2020! So, you've heard the siren's call and decided that this year is going to be the year you're going to take the forum by storm and earn that lovely MGS

Posted Images

• Like 3
  • Love 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I just got done watching the coverage.  Holy crap what a finish!  Thank you Rahmbo!

I'm down to two players, but it's Rahm and Im.  OK boys, who do you have left?

• Like 1

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Thanks to Hughes I do have a full 4. Berger, Hatton, Kisner and Hughes. They have all been solid and to think I picked Hughes up off Waivers a few weeks ago! Crazy week and awesome to see the standings as close as they are. Should be a very exciting and nerve racking finish. That being said only being 4 points back I'll take it. If this week showed anything its that there are some decent swings in points and I wouldn't count anyone out yet. 

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

Interesting to note, only two teams can field the maximum of four scores, they are @Apolloshowl and @Rwagn4 who have 4 and 5 players going respectfully and there is no player crossover between the two. They are the teams to watch me thinks. The other members of our top 5 have either 2 or three players and there is substantial crossover between them. Don't count out @Undershooter and @jahren01 either, your winner is likely coming from the top 7 as I think the others are just too far back. 

• Like 2

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 18.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

:nickent-small: Pipe

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2019)

Just now, Steve2100 said:

Question. Is it the winner of the tournament or the final points leader that counts?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Final points

• Like 1

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 18.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

:nickent-small: Pipe

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2019)

well... this has been an odd season for sure, but I take solace in the fact that once again I finished at the top of the heap for the staff!

(hey... small victories count too!)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
--------------------------
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

7 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Interesting to note, only two teams can field the maximum of four scores, they are @Apolloshowl and @Rwagn4 who have 4 and 5 players going respectfully and there is no player crossover between the two. They are the teams to watch me thinks. The other members of our top 5 have either 2 or three players and there is substantial crossover between them. Don't count out @Undershooter and @jahren01 either, your winner is likely coming from the top 7 as I think the others are just too far back. 

That's a great observation.  

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

We’ve tweaked the format every year so far, but this absolutely feels right for Fantasy Golf Playoffs. Plenty of drama remains throughout and many teams get a chance. I also feel like the regular season, in theory, is close but the way is displayed is atrocious. Will have to see what can be done for next year. 

• Like 2

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

11 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

I have to admit it was beginners luck to have 5 left in the finals.  I'd feel a lot better with 5 if Leishman hadn't just put up a +30 last week - not sure he'll be much help.  There's some very strong 3 man teams left (I think one team has both Bryson and DJ!) and Apollo's foursome is looking very strong.  Good Luck all . . . I'll be hoarse after next weekend from yelling at the TV!

• Like 2

WITB:

Driver:  Callaway Big Bertha Fusion

Fairway:  Cobra F6 Baffler 4/5

Hybrids:  Cobra F7 (3/4);  Cobra F8 (5)

Irons:  Cobra F7 OL 6-GW

Wedge:  Cleveland CBX 54*/58*

Putter:  Odyssey Dual Force 2

man i only got 2 guys this week too

Driver:   :honma: TR20 10.5*

Utility Iron: :cleveland-small: UHX 18*

Hybrid:   :callaway-small: Epic 4h 23* 

Irons:    :mizuno-small: JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER 2.2

Ball:   :bridgestone-small: Tour BXS

13 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

We’ve tweaked the format every year so far, but this absolutely feels right for Fantasy Golf Playoffs. Plenty of drama remains throughout and many teams get a chance. I also feel like the regular season, in theory, is close but the way is displayed is atrocious. Will have to see what can be done for next year. 

I think this year's Regular season was a great format. It made for lots of movement up and down week to week and allowed teams to stay close to playoffs for longer. The break obviously changed a few things, but overall I was very impressed with how it ran. 

Yes display wasn't great, but a simple few clicks and you were able to find weekly standings quite easily. As was mentioned earlier it may be nice to set a lineup of 6 or so before rather then have all 8 eligible so there is a bit more management involved. Always sucks leaving a guy who gets a ton of points on the bench, but that's fantasy! 

For the finals week I am forever hopeful, but it's just too close to get hopes up too high. Fingers crossed 🤞 for a decent start Thursday and then hold on for a nerve wracking weekend. 

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

1 minute ago, Apolloshowl said:

As was mentioned earlier it may be nice to set a lineup of 6 or so before rather then have all 8 eligible so there is a bit more management involved. Always sucks leaving a guy who gets a ton of points on the bench, but that's fantasy! 

That was actually our preferred choice too, but Fantrax didn't have that as an option. We went in planning for start 5, take the best 4, rosters of 10. But when we found out best ball assumed everyone was a starter, we dropped the team size down to the 8 we have now. I don't expect them to fix this one for next year so it's an element we'll have to live with unless we go back to traditional starters/bench.

• Like 3

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

This was super fun. I think i have picked up a few things that will help me next year.. Unless the process changes. haha. 

• Like 1

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.

Good luck to the final ten! And thanks to MGS for running this league. Never been in fantasy golf before but it has been a blast! No idea how I made it this far and need a miracle to win but best of luck to you all!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Good luck to those that are still in it!

• Like 2

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.

After two rounds here are the standings and its close!

Daviddvm has had a massive week and is 20 points clear of everyone making up a ton of ground. Top 4 all within 20 points with 2 rounds to play which really means anything can happen. I am desperately trying to find a service that will pick it up here in Europe else I will just have to wake up in the morning and see what happens!

Good luck to all in the final two rounds and hope we see a good nerve wracking finish to the weekend and season!

Apolloshowl - 474.55
@ScottB33 - 464.25
@Rwagn4 - 456.05

@daviddvm - 451.3 (huge week so far!)
@Undershooter - 442.8
@HardcoreLooper -441.9
@GolfSpy Dave - 435.55
@jahren01 - 429.9
@Judge Smails - 428.3
@Steve2100 - 409.8

• Like 3
  • Love 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Last day for the season! Its been a up and down year and entertaining to say the least. Want to give a shout out to the Commissioners this year as it wasn't the easiest to navigate, but they did very well to do so created a very unique and fun league to be a part of. 

For the actual golf that happened it looks like DJ will go home with the victory. I've only seen highlights, but with a 5 shot lead hard to see anyone catching him. Now after 3 rounds and all of our totals from the previous weeks here is how we stand. 

Apolloshowl - 519.00
@ScottB33   - 502.80
@Rwagn4    - 489.90
@daviddvm  - 485.10 (Still the high scorer on the week with 131 points this week so far)
@Undershooter -466.10
@jahren01      -460.5
@HardcoreLooper -459.00
@JudgeSmails -456.35
@GolfSpy Dave -430.35
@Steve2100     - 428.55

Still with finishing bonus' it could be very interesting to see how it all shakes out. Regardless it has been an great season and a ton of fun. I already know my MVP player for the season, but I have got very fortunate with players stepping up at the right time.
Good luck to all those in the final round!

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020