GolfSpy STUDque

Hot Links...

Scoring: CLICK HERE

Fantasy 101: Click Here

Draft Prep: Click Here

Poll Results, Their Effects on the League, and Playoff Format: CLICK HERE

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Our Sponsors

13th!!  I'll definitely take that!  Looks like the power of Baby Yoda is working.  I knew putting him as my mascot was a good call.  #Toocutetobeat

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

On 1/9/2020 at 5:32 PM, blackngold_blood said:

Is there an over/under on how many of the 60 guys actually manage their team?

I found a really good caddie to help 😉.

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

17 hours ago, GB13 said:

Possible stupid question but, since we are having four duplicates of each player, when we rank players for the draft, if I want to put “Tony Romo” as my first pick, do I need to add him 4 times? Or just once? 

Actually a great question!

I don't think you can have duplicate players on one team so I think it only allows for 1 Romo selection instead of 4.

Although I can understand wanting 4 of him on a team.

We'll follow up on this though.

• Like 3

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

1 hour ago, Undershooter said:

Actually a great question!

I don't think you can have duplicate players on one team so I think it only allows for 1 Romo selection instead of 4.

Although I can understand wanting 4 of him on a team.

We'll follow up on this though.

Along this line of question, my understanding is that the system will take the top player on ones draft list unless said player has already been selected more times than allowed.  At #39 I have moved past any thoughts of getting Romo as my team anchor 😞.  Also, what is the purpose of the $100 showing in my FT bank account?

• Like 2

Second to last. Definitely in the rough to start out!

• Like 1

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

For those at the bottom of the draft, I am more than willing to trade a draft pick or two if you want to move up and guarantee a top 4 guy. PM me with offers! Let's get this started!

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

16 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

For those at the bottom of the draft, I am more than willing to trade a draft pick or two if you want to move up and guarantee a top 4 guy. PM me with offers! Let's get this started!

And it begins! 

• Like 1

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Along this line of question, my understanding is that the system will take the top player on ones draft list unless said player has already been selected more times than allowed.  At #39 I have moved past any thoughts of getting Romo as my team anchor 😞.  Also, what is the purpose of the $100 showing in my FT bank account?

Correct. 

That is your FAAB. It is the amount you have left to bid on players each week. It's a slightly more democratic way than regular reverse standings waivers imo.

This is up for vote though on fantrax. FAAB is what we used for football this past season.

Edit: @fixyurdivot here is a better explanation. Don't forget to vote on fantrax! 

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/league-needs-change-waiver-system-asap/

• Like 1

Oh dang... number 4 pick...

26 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Oh dang... number 4 pick... emoji848.png

I am happy at 9;  I see it as basically a number 3 pick if a player can be on 4 teams.  

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Quick question...are the tournaments we'll be scoring only related to PGA tour events?  Normally, the week before the open, a lot of ppl play on the European Tour to get practice instead of the John Deere.  Will the people only at the John Deere count, or will our player score as long as they are playing a professional event no matter what tour?

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

6 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

Quick question...are the tournaments we'll be scoring only related to PGA tour events?  Normally, the week before the open, a lot of ppl play on the European Tour to get practice instead of the John Deere.  Will the people only at the John Deere count, or will our player score as long as they are playing a professional event no matter what tour?

It's PGA events only. There's some funky bits of the schedule you can view by skipping through the list at your team page... One of the notable is instead of the WGC match play, we have the opposite field event that week since they only know how to calculate stroke play events. 

• Like 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

1 hour ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

It's PGA events only. There's some funky bits of the schedule you can view by skipping through the list at your team page... One of the notable is instead of the WGC match play, we have the opposite field event that week since they only know how to calculate stroke play events. 

That's why you should pick Romo in the first round to spearhead your team in all of those opposite field events throughout the season.Image result for romo meme

• Like 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Will you have the most trades in this league as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

Will you have the most trades in this league as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is possible but football was an exception. I already have a golden ticket for this year by winning golf last year and I didn’t figure I needed 2.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

After some heated commissioner debate, I'm gonna add a poll to the existing ones:

Urgent Poll: Best Ball
If Best Ball wins the roster vote, how many "best scores" will count for an 8-man team?

Option A: 4
Option B: 5

Please make your way over to the Fantrax home page to cast your vote.  This one closes at the same time as the rest.

• Like 2

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

I'm now seeing the green asterisk to the left of some player names on my draft list.  Pop-up says "playing in an upcoming tournament".  Does this mean they have committed for the next event?  There are as many (or more) w/o the asterisk - presume that changes as the date gets closer?

On 1/10/2020 at 8:40 AM, Tarheelvolvo said:

57th...so basically starting this like FF... awesome...🤦‍♂️

#notlast

#last 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.8 (Last Updated July 25, 2020)

2020 MGS #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE PARTICIPANT #TEAMSCALVESLIKEPHIL - Check out all of the action over here!

#CC4 WITB (Cobra x Vessel SpeedZone Stand Bag)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4" SHORT, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2" SHORT, UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
4-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2" SHORT, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" SHORT (54°), -1/4" SHORT (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos

I'm now seeing the green asterisk to the left of some player names on my draft list.  Pop-up says "playing in an upcoming tournament".  Does this mean they have committed for the next event?  There are as many (or more) w/o the asterisk - presume that changes as the date gets closer?

Yes that means they have committed to play in the next tourney. Since most players don’t play every week this keeps you from having to sort through the tournament roster list.

3 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Yes that means they have committed to play in the next tourney. Since most players don’t play every week this keeps you from having to sort through the tournament roster list.

So what happens if you don't have enough of your roster to field a full team for an event?

• Like 2