2020 MGS FANTASY GOLF LEAGUE

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

FG Final.jpg

Our Sponsors

You either have to try to pick someone up and drop someone else or just stand pat playing less than a full roster.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

CONGRATULATIONS 2020 MYGOLFSPY FANTASY GOLF CHAMPION APOLLOSHOWL We got everything we could've hoped for in this year's finals. In the end, one stands above the rest. It is with great honor tha

Poll Results, Their Effects on the League, and the Playoff Format Here's a quick rundown of how the polls shook out and how they affect your week-to-week team management.... Draft Date &a

Welcome to Fantasy Golf... in the year 2020! So, you've heard the siren's call and decided that this year is going to be the year you're going to take the forum by storm and earn that lovely MGS

Posted Images

You either have to try to pick someone up and drop someone else or just stand pat playing less than a full roster.

So what happens if you don't have enough of your roster to field a full team for an event?

Forgot to quote you! Lol

• Like 1

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

21 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

For those at the bottom of the draft, I am more than willing to trade a draft pick or two if you want to move up and guarantee a top 4 guy. PM me with offers! Let's get this started!

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

To help any draft pick trading negotiations, I turned off the rule that forces you to keep the same amount of picks as rounds in the draft. So if you want to trade away extra picks to move up higher, you can. Then just fill the rest of your roster with waiver wire guys. 

PS. I'm open to trades if anyone wants my coveted 36 spot. 😀 2, top 20 players ain't bad. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

Where can I see the draft order on FanTrax?

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Where can I see the draft order on FanTrax?

I went into the draft section and I could see my pick.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

So what happens if you don't have enough of your roster to field a full team for an event?

You have 8 players on your team. You score will be based on some subset of that team. Let’s say 4. If you don’t have 4
Players playing in the event you can pick up players or hope your limited team can earn enough points. Remember if you drop a player someone else may pick them up.

Thinking of this is part of the strategy for drafting players. What players will play majors, what players have limited schedules, and what players play lots of events.
  • Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

25 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Thinking of this is part of the strategy for drafting players. What players will play majors, what players have limited schedules, and what players play lots of events.

🤔

[plays lots of events] + [makes lots of cuts] + [often among the top 20 finishers] + [boat load of luck] = MGS Golden Ticket 🤗

• Like 2
  • Love 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

For those at the bottom of the draft, I am more than willing to trade a draft pick or two if you want to move up and guarantee a top 4 guy. PM me with offers! Let's get this started!

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Also with this and the recent talk about guys that play a lot of events. I’m willing to trade my 2nd, 3rd, and possibly 4th round picks for a first or high second if you don’t want to wait for FAAB after the draft to get the guys you want!

Excellent Ryan, this is very helpful. thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Welcome to Fantasy Golf... in the year 2020!

So, you've heard the siren's call and decided that this year is going to be the year you're going to take the forum by storm and earn that lovely MGS Golden Ticket.

Then panic strikes. You've never played fantasy golf before, what are you doing? Well, consider me a guide to hopefully help you.

Game Style

So right now we are voting between the old style of game, and this new best ball style. Here's the difference between the two. Our current/old style is very similar  to other fantasy sports. You start 4 players from a roster of 10, with the remainder of them being on your bench. You set your lineup before the first shot on Thursday and ride it out, no substitution.

Best Ball is a different animal. Everyone starts every week and there is no bench. The game takes your top 4 or 5 scores and that's that. No bench, just starters.

Roster Construction 

So, the age old question, how do you value players. Do you load up on guys who are going to ball out at majors and big events but might not play alot, or do you value guys who play alot and are consistent but not spectacular. Do you want Tiger for 15 events or CH3 for 27? To be honest, it's a wash, you're probably want to mix things up a touch.

The Draft

Yes, there's going to be a draft. Yes, it's gonna be a 60 team draft. It starts with whoever's got to pick #1...

Oh 🙂

and runs to number 60. Then it snakes back from 60 to 1 and then again. Now, we're running tests to see how the multiple player thing is gonna work, and we'll update when we know. There's also going to be a draft prep post as well, but I'm going to say this here and now.

IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO BE AT THE DRAFT, PRERANK YOUR DRAFT BOARD

The Season

So, how does the season run. Well, we're aiming to start with the Farmer's and run until the playoff start. As mentioned earlier, we're doing only PGA events, save the Match-Play. No European Events, No Korn Ferry, just those events. Now, this means we're playing an opposite field event for the Match Play and taking a bye week with the Zurich team event. 

Again, this calls back to roster construction.  There may be weeks where you don't have 4 or 5 guys in the event. It's your call whether or not to add players from the event at the expense of some of your other players or go with less knowing that you just need to make the playoffs.

The Playoffs

So, we're structuring the playoffs like this I do believe. The top 30 teams on record will make the playoffs. After the first Fed Ex event we cut to the top 20, going into the tour championship, we cut to the top 10, after the tour championship, we'll have a winner.

So all you have to do is get there and then hopefully you have alot of guys in the Fed Ex. 

Other Questions

So, I know this is an intro post to the league, but maybe didn't ask your question, or maybe I got you thinking of something else. If so, post here in the thread and we'll try to get you an answer. Also, if you haven't already, go vote on Fantrax in the league polls to have your voice heard.

👍 Very helpful Berg

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

5 hours ago, cnosil said:

Thanks cnosil I fond it.

Wasn't looking hard enough.

I’ll take 29th and 32nd picks each round any day..

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

On 1/12/2020 at 11:37 AM, cnosil said:

Yeah, I am 52 Doesn't look like I will get Tiger...

As a complete fantasy sports virgin I have zero expectations other than a bit of fun. So it is probably best I do not get Tiger. Someone who knows that they are doing is probably a bit better off. 

Edited by Quigleyd

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.

1 hour ago, Quigleyd said:

Yeah, I am 52 Doesn't look like I will get Tiger...

As a complete fantasy sports virgin I have zero expectations other than a bit of fun. So it is probably best I do not get Tiger. Someone who knows that they are doing is probably a bit better off. 

But in the second round, you should be #8 pick... it could happen.

4 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

But in the second round, you should be #8 pick... it could happen.

True. Not sure I would take him even then. We will see. As I said, I have no clue what I am doing. 

13 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

True. Not sure I would take him even then. We will see. As I said, I have no clue what I am doing. 

That makes at least two of us.  I have set-up my draft list and switching it around based on a morphing algorithm loosely based on logic 🙂.  For instance, on the PGA Tour website player photos, how many buttons on their polo shirt are latched, head turned left, right, or straight into the camera... and a few other key details I need to keep close to the vest 😆.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Just now, fixyurdivot said:

That makes at least two of us.  I have set-up my draft list and switching it around based on a morphing algorithm loosely based on logic 🙂.  For instance, on the PGA Tour website player photos, how many buttons on their polo shirt are latched, head turned left, right, or straight into the camera... and a few other key details I need to keep close to the vest 😆.

Haha. I was thinking about having my 8 year old daughter help me pick. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Man I really need to read up before Thursday haha

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: C130S

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :ping-small: G410 15*  w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72