Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

The Ball Wall

Bowser

This all started in the late 80s somewhere in Vermont at the Wiliston Golf Club...they had a logo ball and I liked it and thought I might just want ONE!

I wasn't golfing much in the 90s given my profession with the RCN taking me away from home often (although I did manage a couple of logo balls from Australia).

This little obsession really took off at the turn of the century and since then I have collected 382 logo balls from courses I have played at and only ones I have played at.

Of course I display them in cases and they are in alphabetic order (my friends think I'm nuts) so I've learned to keep the odd spot at the bottom of the cases for just that time I play at a course at the beginning of the alphabet...moving 300 balls to the left one spot can be tedious.

At this point there aren't many local places for me to collect a logo ball but I did move often in the early 2000s and I like travel the Eastern US down highway 81 and 95 for the most part. My collect includes many locations from Orlando up to Maine and of course many locations in between. Canada has a prime spot for me in Southern Ontario, PEI, BC and Alberta. So plenty to choose from and I can name every course as long as I can see the logo ball up close. Some of them only have a logo and no course name so it can be a challenge.

Even have a solution to moving them when we had to relocate often as a member of the Canadian Navy. Numbered egg cartons! You just need to eat a lot of eggs at the start until you build your stash.

Anyone out there have a similar obsession?  How many do you have and do you display them?

BallWall2.jpg

You might enjoy a visit to the Killeen House Hotel in Killarney, Ireland.  They've been trading a pint of beer for any new logo ball for their walls for a long time.  They simply stick them up with double-sided tape:

http://killeenhousehotel.com/killarney-hotel-pub.html

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

On 12/29/2019 at 12:40 PM, DaveP043 said:

You might enjoy a visit to the Killeen House Hotel in Killarney, Ireland.  They've been trading a pint of beer for any new logo ball for their walls for a long time.  They simply stick them up with double-sided tape:

http://killeenhousehotel.com/killarney-hotel-pub.html

Well with 382 logo balls this would be the place to visit...too bad about the cross Atlantic flight required...

21 minutes ago, Bowser said:

Well with 382 logo balls this would be the place to visit...too bad about the cross Atlantic flight required...

382?  They have thousands there.  And its worth the flight, not just for the golf balls, but for the golf courses, the people, and the self-service pub.  AND you'll be taught how to properly pour a pint of Guinness!

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

7 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

382?  They have thousands there.  And its worth the flight, not just for the golf balls, but for the golf courses, the people, and the self-service pub.  AND you'll be taught how to properly pour a pint of Guinness!

Oh I get it and would truly enjoy a trip there for all those reasons and I'm sure more. (I meant with my 382 logo balls traded in for 382 pints I'm set for a while; just take my darts away from me or duck)

I posted a thread here last year with pics of my logo ball collection.  I stopped counting, but I think I am approaching over 200 logo balls in my house.  Unlike you I have collected odd logo balls from courses I haven't played, PGA Tournaments (Masters/Pimehurst/Players Championship) or even some corporate logo balls, and even a Middle School that had their own logo ball that is in my collection.  Just the other week I actually was visiting Edwin Watts, where they have a collection of logo balls in bins from Titleist that are apparently rejected logo balls or whatever, and I've picked up a handful from that bin to add to the collection.

Unlike you as well, mine aren't in alphabetical order, but the first few racks are displayed in order by geographic location.  For example, the first row of the first rack are all the courses in Miami that I grew up playing.  Then Broward County, then North Carolina, and so on.  The last few years I gave up sorting them geographically, and just started adding new balls as they came in to my collection.  Part of that comes with friends now knowing I will collect any logo ball I can find, and them bringing me odd balls such as a Rawlings logo ball from like 40 years ago, and a couple of other odd corporate logo balls from the 1970's or so.  Then a good buddy of mine went to Bandon Dunes last summer and brought me back the entire collection of logo balls from Bandon, which I thought was really nice of him.

What's wierd to me is that my brother has played a lot more golf courses then I have, and I asked him one time why he didn't want to collect logo balls, and he was pretty blunt in saying, "honestly dude, I don't give a s*** about a logo ball.  I just want to play the golf course."  To each his own I say.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I too am addicted to logo balls from courses I've played, although I'm just a novice compared to your collection. Actually I've been at it for only 2 years now and have my collection up to about 60 balls. Took some doing to get logo balls from courses I played back in the 90's. Working on courses I played in the 80's. I also have about 30 signature balls from Hagen to Woods. And another rack with odd logo balls, like 1 that looks like the planet Earth, a baseball, tennis ball..ect.

For me the logo balls are a great way to remember the places I've been, especially during the winters in Michigan..

Chris

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX