Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

SkyTrak Bag Mapping - What would you do?

Wedgie

I’ve been doing a ton of things with my new SkyTrak launch monitor and found it to be pretty spot on in relation to what I’d expect out on the course. Today I decided to do my first bag mapping and the results didn’t really surprise me.

My question is what would you do to fill the gaps? Before you answer I did not hit driver. The 2 hybrid and driver are the same club, I just didn’t know how to relabel them. The 2 hybrid in the chart is a Cleveland Halo 2 hybrid in regular flex, the driver in the chart is a Cleveland Halo 2 hybrid in stiff flex. Both should go but how would you fix the gapping issues you see?

IMG_0147.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I’ve been doing a ton of things with my new SkyTrak launch monitor and found it to be pretty spot on in relation to what I’d expect out on the course. Today I decided to do my first bag mapping and the results didn’t really surprise me.

My question is what would you do to fill the gaps? Before you answer I did not hit driver. The 2 hybrid and driver are the same club, I just didn’t know how to relabel them. The 2 hybrid in the chart is a Cleveland Halo 2 hybrid in regular flex, the driver in the chart is a Cleveland Halo 2 hybrid in stiff flex. Both should go but how would you fix the gapping issues you see?

IMG_0147.thumb.JPG.feaf688e7579673b77490c9f87623356.JPG

I can’t tell what the gaps are, what you want them to be, and, therefore how far off they are, but it could be as simple as bending lofts if the distances aren’t too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Looks like you get bunched up at the long end of the bag. You can probably drop one of those I’m place of an extra wedge (60) or change out the wedges and do something like a 50-54-58.

It really doesn’t look bad though, I’d just rather have more options for wedge shots than an extra long game club.

For some of the spacing in the irons you could do the test again and if they’re still off you could check the lofts.

I’ve been wanting to do my own gap analysis. Thought about bringing my clubs to work to use the simulator there, nice to know that’s a feature for sky track!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I think you need to staighthen your 8 a degree and resolve the the top end since it is bunched up just keep 3 hybrid and 5 wood that opens some space for clubs and once you add driver and putter you will be at 12 clubs so you could add some woods between driver and 3 hybrid. You also have the chance to put a 60* in if you care to learn to hit one (my 2020 goal). That's my inexperienced opinion.

Using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
4W:  Maltby KE4 
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50,54,58: Maltby TSW

Putter:  L.A.B. DF2.1 Accra Shaft 2023 Forum Testers - L.A.B. Putters
Ball: Mixed prefer ProV1 or Snell
Handicap: 9.2  -  Best Score: 72 (E) Springdale CC, Canton NC -2022

2020 Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Looks like you get bunched up at the long end of the bag. You can probably drop one of those I’m place of an extra wedge (60) or change out the wedges and do something like a 50-54-58.

It really doesn’t look bad though, I’d just rather have more options for wedge shots than an extra long game club.

For some of the spacing in the irons you could do the test again and if they’re still off you could check the lofts.

I’ve been wanting to do my own gap analysis. Thought about bringing my clubs to work to use the simulator there, nice to know that’s a feature for sky track!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input. I’m thinking add a 60 degree wedge and a 3 wood. I average about 230 off the tee so I’d like to get a club I can hit at least 200 yards which with roll I can get out of the 3 hybrid but I don’t know if I need 200 carry which I’m not sure I can get.

The mapping is really cool and I do think I’ll double check them in the next couple of days to see if they are close to the same.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I think you need to staighthen your 8 a degree and resolve the the top end since it is bunched up just keep 3 hybrid and 5 wood that opens some space for clubs and once you add driver and putter you will be at 12 clubs so you could add some woods between driver and 3 hybrid. You also have the chance to put a 60* in if you care to learn to hit one (my 2020 goal). That's my inexperienced opinion.

Using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I game the hollow body Cleveland Launchers and nobody will bend them because they’re too fat. But yeah, the 8 iron could stand to be strengthened a bit.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Take two weeks off and then quit?

I don't see any glaring issues. The 8 could be a touch stronger but that could but just not hitting it solid at the time also, it really only is 2-3 yards off. I would drop 4 iron or 2 hybrid and add a 3w. If you're not comfortable with 60 then you could even add 5w if you dropped both. Just not sure where that would fall as it might be too close to 3 hybrid. Overall the gaping is pretty good. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Not much correction needed aside from the top-end of the bag which you're already aware of. I'd definitely recommend getting the lofts checked for the one or two gaps that are larger than you'd ideally want.

I did a full bag analysis back in 2017 with a professional fitter using TrackMan. Other than a sizable gap between my 46-degree PW and my 52-degree (at the time) GW all of my gapping issues were directly related to iron loft. All we did was bend the irons back to OEM spec and everything was good again! I even went to see him at the beginning of this season to verify my gaps were still good and check the Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 wedges I got for testing. Two years and everything was still spot on!!! 

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I haven't hit the Launcher irons, but how is the launch of the 4 iron versus the hybrids? Do they both launch high and stop softly? If so, looks like you could dump the four iron and one of the hybrids, add a wood of some sort (not sure on the hybrid lofts but maybe a 16-17 degree 4W?) and add an additional wedge with a different loft/grind option than what you already have? All depends on the course you're playing, I suppose. 

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

i bet the difference between your 7 and 8 is 4deg. All others are set to 3deg difference between clubs.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

What software are you using on Skytrack to map the bag. I have access to a Skytrack but have never seen that option.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It is SkyTrak software. It is an upgrade from the free software you get with the system. I think it is called play and improve and the up charge is $99. You can track it down at www.skygolf.com.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

As for your bag I would make the PW a degree stronger and make that 8 iron stronger as well. That seems to be almost 2° off.
How long of a sample size was that. Could be an anomaly if it wasnt big enough. If that is data over a few sessions that I would definitely work in stronger lofts on those two.
I know you said you checked lofts at the beginning of the season but I'm sure you played a lot since then. As for the top of your bag you can definitely cull out a few clubs to create gaps and simplify the top end as well.

As for your bag I would make the PW a degree stronger and make that 8 iron stronger as well. That seems to be almost 2° off.
How long of a sample size was that. Could be an anomaly if it wasnt big enough. If that is data over a few sessions that I would definitely work in stronger lofts on those two.
I know you said you checked lofts at the beginning of the season but I'm sure you played a lot since then. As for the top of your bag you can definitely cull out a few clubs to create gaps and simplify the top end as well.

How many yards per degree can a 90 mph swinger expect to gain with an 8-iron? I'm curious about this calculation. Has anyone done the math on this for MGS?

Sent from my SM-N920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My :1590477705_SunMountain: C-130 cart bag currently includes;

Driver: :srixon-small: z565 10.5*, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6 S-Flex
Fairways:  :callaway-small: X-Hot 15* & 18*, Project X PXv R-Flex
Irons: :benhogan-small:Apex Plus, 4-PW, Apex S4-Flex
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CG10; 50*, 54*, 58*, Dynamic Gold W-flex 

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro Blade #2
Grips: Golf Pride MCC-Plus 4 & Lamkin UTx
Ball: Kirkland Signature 3-Piece 

How many yards per degree can a 90 mph swinger expect to gain with an 8-iron? I'm curious about this calculation. Has anyone done the math on this for MGS?

Sent from my SM-N920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

There are so many variables to that question. I'm sure there is some sort of equation somewhere.
You could do some of your own testing with changing swing speed and see what kinds of yardage increases you are getting with your own swing.
I would assume that the AOA would have to be constant to figure any sort of equation. Just thinking of all the variables make my head hurt.

Just now, Popeye64 said:

There are so many variables to that question. I'm sure there is some sort of equation somewhere.
You could do some of your own testing with changing swing speed and see what kinds of yardage increases you are getting with your own swing.
I would assume that the AOA would have to be constant to figure any sort of equation. Just thinking of all the variables make my head hurt.

Lol...agreed.

Too many variables to consider here and it'll take somebody a helluva lot smarter than me to figure it out. All I know is OEM's lofts have gotten progressively stronger since I first started playing. PW has gone from 48-degrees to 44 in some iron sets.

My :1590477705_SunMountain: C-130 cart bag currently includes;

Driver: :srixon-small: z565 10.5*, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6 S-Flex
Fairways:  :callaway-small: X-Hot 15* & 18*, Project X PXv R-Flex
Irons: :benhogan-small:Apex Plus, 4-PW, Apex S4-Flex
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CG10; 50*, 54*, 58*, Dynamic Gold W-flex 

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro Blade #2
Grips: Golf Pride MCC-Plus 4 & Lamkin UTx
Ball: Kirkland Signature 3-Piece 

Lol...agreed.
Too many variables to consider here and it'll take somebody a helluva lot smarter than me to figure it out. All I know is OEM's lofts have gotten progressively stronger since I first started playing. PW has gone from 48-degrees to 44 in some iron sets.
But those stronger lofts are with irons that launch higher and spin less. They basically have made a ton of Super Game Improvement changes into the irons. So with the higher launch and less spin the angle of descent is higher and balls can stop.
My personal irons are conventional loft up to the 7 iron. Then I carry another 7 iron in modern design with the stronger lofts. 7,6,5 of the modern irons have much closer gapping in degrees in those higher numbers. A lot of the newer irons have 5° gaps in the shorter irons. So now my gapping in my short irons is nice and tight. My own version of a mixed set.
Sorry to thread jack.