Shankster

Sentry Tournament of Champions

18 holes on this course today on the sims.

No wind, no rain, and no putter. After you got on the green it would tell you.

1 2 or 3 putts.

85 12 over. Fun times were had.

• Like 2

Go if you get the chance!!  The Plantation Course at Kapalua is like none other.  My wife and I played it in 2011.  
Warm weather, even in the rain; Gorgeous views and wide fairways. Greens are tricky; fast downhill, down grain, very slow the other way.  The clubhouse restaurant is fantastic for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  The window walls to the patio slide open so you have an unobstructed view of the setting sun over the ocean and Molokai while you have a great meal.

I can’t wait to return to Hawaii. Did you play anywhere else while on vacation?
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I can’t wait to return to Hawaii. Did you play anywhere else while on vacation?

We got a 3-round package deal at Makena at the other end of the island.  When we were there, they had closed one 18-hole course (going to weeds).  The other course was very nice, but I thought I heard they closed it a couple of years ago.  

IMG_2114.jpg.254acb2e28b18b79ea6cab1ab9ac062d.jpg

I might have to go back next year, but maybe the Big island this time.  We have friends that bought a house there.  We are headed to Palm Springs in 11 days for our annual 2-week winter trip someplace warm in the middle of winter

• Like 4

We got a 3-round package deal at Makena at the other end of the island.  When we were there, they had closed one 18-hole course (going to weeds).  The other course was very nice, but I thought I heard they closed it a couple of years ago.  
IMG_2114.jpg.254acb2e28b18b79ea6cab1ab9ac062d.jpg
I might have to go back next year, but maybe the Big island this time.  We have friends that bought a house there.  We are headed to Palm Springs in 11 days for our annual 2-week winter trip someplace warm in the middle of winter

There’s no place like Hawaii. We honeymooned in Kauai and I’ve been dreaming of a return trip that includes golf...and linguisa sausage for breakfast
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, bens197 said:

There’s no place like Hawaii. We honeymooned in Kauai and I’ve been dreaming of a return trip that includes golf...and linguisa sausage for breakfast emoji4.png

I've been to Kauai.  Loved the boat ride up to the falls!!

• Like 1

Reed sure made a run at it today but looks like he'll run out of holes.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Great start to the 2020 season and win for JT.  I like all three of them so I really didn't care who won - though I was kind of pulling for Patrick.  I hope the idiot in the stands who yelled cheater during his putt gets an incurable case of crotch rot, got identified by PGA staff, and won himself a permanent ban. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

Frankly, I’m okay with the fan that called out “cheater”, especially since it was after he hit the putt. I like people who say what most everyone else thinks, but don’t have the guts to say. It’s a no BS approach, and I’m okay with people calling it how they see it.

I’m happy JT won, it really would of been a shame for him to lose with how well played all week. 

Edited by GB13
  • Like 1

Frankly, I’m okay with the fan that called out “cheater”, especially since it was after he hit the putt. I like people who say what most everyone else thinks, but don’t have the guts to say. It’s a no BS approach, and I’m okay with people calling it how they see it.
 I’m happy JT won, it really would of been a shame for him to lose with how well played all week. 

To be honest, it’s much better than hearing mashed potatoes or get in the hole.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

A pretty sad ending to 72 holes, and a playoff no one could grab. More surprisingly bad shots than normal. Win by attrition, I would have been fine with any of the three winning. Probably a testament to how windy it was and how difficult the greens were (wind added). All of us have probably played in winds like that a few times and it does wreak havoc on scoring.

I guess I’m too traditional. There’s no place for heckling players at golf tournaments, deserved or not. I hope they ban or throw out (drunk) fans who don’t have the self respect to refrain. Time and place. Root for your favorites and ignore the others. If tournament golf fans are allowed to become like pro football or basketball, I’ll quit watching.

Edited by Middler
  • Like 4

I certainly prefer if heckling wasn’t a thing in any sport, but I also have to agree with @GB13 and @bens197. Couldn’t have happened to a more deserving guy; the fan was “respectful enough” to yell after the stroke; it’s better than mashed potatoes...

Back to the tournament itself though, it really looks like Thomas has some serious demons to work out on 18. That was C or D game material for the most part and I can’t believe he scratched out a win. I’m happy he won, but man that was rough... While the GC Morning Drive team is talking about PReed having grit, look at what JT did yesterday.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Middler said:

I guess I’m too traditional. There’s no place for heckling players at golf tournaments, deserved or not. I hope they ban or throw out (drunk) fans who don’t have the self respect to refrain. Time and place. Root for your favorites and ignore the others. If tournament golf fans are allowed to become like pro football or basketball, I’ll quit watching.

I could not have said this any better 👍

• Like 2

Well that playoff was something I didn't expect. I was rooting for JT but secretly for Reed as well, especially since my man Rickie couldn't make it to the top of the leaderboard. 

• Like 3

From "pampered f**ks" to "cheaters" to "what a d**k,"  it was definitely an interesting opening weekend of the 2020 calendar year.  My takeaway from Sentry.....we need more on-course audio.  The Patrick Cantlay work was phenomenal.  DiMarco's Twitter rant was pretty impressive as well. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Wow. What a finish. It could’ve went so many different ways. Just crazy how it all played out but in the end the one who played the best won. Great ending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, B81Smith said:

Wow. What a finish. It could’ve went so many different ways. Just crazy how it all played out but in the end the one who played the best won. Great ending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great set-up for this week's Sony. Wonder if they'll have the same kind of weather. 

Well then. What a wonderful season opener.

I think we are off to a Roaring 20’s start. Cussing, white pants, lift clean and place, Over Time, Patrick Reed... JT...

It will only get more interesting from here... right?

• Like 5