TESTERS WANTED! ×

Adams Golf A12 Hybrid & Irons - LAUNCHED

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

Adams Golf has officially launched their Adams A12 Hybrrids and Adams A12 Irons we gave you a sneak-peek of. Looks like they might have taken our advice to change the paint fill color on the irons from yellow to black.Expected to ship mid May.

1-1-1-a12-hybrid-1.jpg

1-1-1-a12-hybrid-2.jpg

1-1-1-a12-hybrid-3.jpg

1-1-1-a12-irons-1.jpg

1-1-1-a12-irons-2.jpg

1-1-1-a12-irons-3.jpg

#TruthDigest

looks good. Can't wait to hit them.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Saw these at a demo day a few weeks ago. I was not in the market for new hybrids or irons but from what I saw they looked awesome at address.

In my Titleist 14-Way Carry Bag:

Titleist 910 D3 - Project X 6.0 7C3 Shaft

Adams XTD 15 Degree Super Hybrid

Adams Idea Pro A12 Hybrid - 18 degree

Adams CB2 - 4 - GW

Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 - Oil Can

Vokey Spin Milled 60.07 - Oil Can

Rife Trinidad

Titleist Pro V1X

I like them!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

The Look of that A12 could prossibly replace my A7.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

The hybrid is a big improvement over the looks compared to the A7, and the views of the face and the crown kind of bring back memories of the Idea Pro (just all black this time).

I wonder if the sole offers any significantly improved benefits with regard to turf interaction?

They look awesome... Why are they waiting to put them out???? Thanks for the pics

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

Sweet looking clubs.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

My rep just brought these by. The hybrids are the NUTS!! Exactly look and flight I have been looking for to replace my current gamers. The only issue is that I have to wait for a few weeks, AND I HATE WAITING!!!

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Release date of May 5. Street price of 199.99 on Hybrids, and 799.99 on A12 irons.. Slightly lower at your favorite golf shop..... B)

Official press release:

Adams Golf Introduces Idea Pro a12 Hybrids and Forged Iron Sets

PLANO, TEXAS, April 27, 2011 – The award-winning Idea franchise from Adams Golf (NasdaqCM:ADGF) just got bigger and better with the introduction of the new Idea Pro a12 hybrids and forged iron sets. Engineered to meet the standards of better players, the premium hybrids deliver tour-preferred launch conditions, enhanced playability and a sleek black finish. The superior forged iron set (4-GW) produces exceptional feel and performance on every shot with precisely located centers of gravity and ultra thin faces born from a triple milling process.

Idea Pro a12 Hybrids

With its Idea hybrids ranking as the most-played on the PGA, Champions and Nationwide Tours, Adams Golf engineers were challenged to design an innovative hybrid that would set a new standard in design and playability for the world's greatest players. The result is the Idea Pro a12 hybrid--with the sleek tour-proven shaping of a compact head for better shot making and a dark finish to help reduce glare. The ultra-thin, maraging steel face produces higher ball speeds and tour preferred ball flights. The sole of the a12 hybrid has also been optimized with a steel skid plate and a flush-mounted weight screw that reduces the amount of turf interaction for enhanced playability. Available individually in five different lofts ranging from 16 degrees to 26 degrees, each hybrid is progressively sized for ideal performance, allowing for easy integration into each player's bag.

Thousands of Idea hybrids have been put into play on tour since their introduction in 2003 and the Pro a12 is already in the bags of several players, including Adams Golf staff members Tom Watson and Ryan Moore. An Idea Pro a12 hybrid was also in the bag of the winner of the 2011 Heritage tournament.

Consumers have a choice of stock shafts for the Idea Pro a12 hybrid: the Aldila RIP VS Proto (80-gram) or the Matrix Ozik Altus (90-gram). The stock grip is the Golf Pride New Decade MultiCompound in black and white. All clubs are available right- and left-handed in regular, stiff and x-stiff flexes. The Idea Pro a12 hybrids begin shipping to golf shops May 5 with a suggested retail price (SRP) of $299.99.

Idea Pro a12 Forged Irons (4-GW)

The traditionally forged 8620 carbon steel head construction of the Idea Pro a12 iron set provides outstanding control, performance and feedback for the lower-handicap golfer and appeals to better players with a thin top line and improved camber on the sole. Each head is triple milled (on the face, grooves and cavity) for more exacting performance from club to club. A precisely located low center of gravity and progressive heel to toe weighting provides added stability in the long irons and more workability in the short irons and wedges. The progressive offset through the entire set offers better players superior control and workability of their ball flight.

The stock shaft for the Idea Pro a12 irons is the KBS Tour steel shaft and the stock grip is the Golf Pride New Decade MultiCompound in black and white. The irons sets are available right-handed in regular, stiff and x-stiff flexes and begin shipping to golf shops May 5 with a SRP of $1,099.99 for graphite and $899.99 for steel.

“Both the Pro a12 hybrids and irons are off to a wonderful start on tour,” said Chip Brewer, Adams Golf president and CEO. “The Pro a12 hybrid has been our most successful hybrid since the original Idea Pro and the irons are already in Tom Watson's bag—and he's been talking them up to his peers. We are excited to finally have the Pro a12 series available to our worldwide audience and brand advocates at large.”

• 3 weeks later...
  • SPY VIP

Yeah we got a set of the irons and hybrids in and will be reviewing them soon Tim.

I haven't had a chance to hit the irons yet, but I've taken the hybrids out on the course with me (which is something I almost never do before we test indoors). Thus far I'm extremely impressed...and that's probably understating things.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Archived