6113314?v=637109952817570000

https://www.pgashow.com/en/Exhibitors/5930709/FlightScope/Products/1720192/FlightScope-Mevo

I saw this on the PGA Show website this morning. I have been saving up for a FlightScope Mevo (non-plus) to replace my Swing Caddie SC200 for range use, but this intrigues me. I have just enough room for indoor radar use, so if this integrates with some sort of driving range feature to simulate ball flight, I might just need to save up a little longer. I had been hoping for a SkyTrak for garage use by next winter -- this has the potential to be a good competitor in the sub-$2k range.

• Like 7

Very interesting.  I am also keeping an eye out on new monitors that come out.  Skytrak is currently at the top of the list, but I'm surprised there hasn't been an update to that technology.  Seems like the sub $500 range has expanded more and more, but there is not a lot of competition in the mid level.  By that I mean, monitors beneath your super professional level trackman or GCQuad types.  

• Like 3

I don't even need the flight simulation to be perfect, just ball park. Range balls do a lot of odd things as they get worn down, so it's not like I 100 percent trust those things either.

I've racked up over $150 in heated range balls already this off season, and will probably double or possibly triple that amount by the time the weather gets good enough to be outside. And that doesn't even factor in the 50 mile round trip to the range. It'd be so much nicer to have an option at home in the garage.

• Like 3

A home launch monitor is the best money I've ever spent on golf.  Picked up a SkyTrak but it would be nice to have more options with similar data like the Mevo+ may have.  Normally I wouldn't practice at all or even pick up a club this time of year.  Instead I can't wait to get home and hit balls and it has eliminated the winter golf blues of playing actual golf.  I've learned a ton about my game in the short time I've had it such as how to reduce driver spin, best ball position for various clubs and how many swings it takes me to truly warm up.  It would be great if the Mevo+ comes in at an aggressive price point so more people can enjoy the benefits. 

• Like 8

Have had a SkyTrak for about a month now and for the most part absolutely love it. Havent bit the bullet on forking out more cash for a sim package like TGC yet though. Love the range features it offers and bag mapping. Looking forward to diving into the Wedge matrix here soon as well. 2nd child on the way later this month, so my spring golfing (and probably summer) will be limited but this will help get the swings in!

• Like 7

Looks like I know what I'll be saving for this year...

• Like 5

I'm all in favor of more competition in the sub-$2,000 home launch monitor division, only if (like is apparently true of the Mevo+) they start including side spin. At present, that is the biggest feature that separates the SkyTrak from the sub-$500 class of LMs: they can't tell you if your ball is curving. I don't know about the rest of you, but with my golf game, that ends up being a relevant factor pretty often 🙂

The biggest question with the Mevo+ that I'll be interested in is its indoor performance. In general, radar-based LMs do better the longer the flight of the ball that they can track. That's why so many indoor studios use GC Quad over TrackMan.

• Like 9

Might be time to finally add insulation to my garage and buy one of these. Seems like all the indoor places around me are starting to raise their winter prices due to high demand. Simulator golf is fun, but not when they charge $55 an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

Might be time to finally add insulation to my garage and buy one of these. Seems like all the indoor places around me are starting to raise their winter prices due to high demand. Simulator golf is fun, but not when they charge $55 an hour.

Yes, I'm running into that problem as well. Peak rates are now the same here, and I'm not willing to take time off of work to get the $35/hour weekday morning rates for simulator golf. As I mentioned further up in the thread, I'm also getting sick of sinking an hour into driving somewhere when I want to hit balls in the winter. 

I don't have an insulated garage either, but unless it's really cold outside it hangs around 30-40 degrees. I'd just need to be able to get it to 50 degrees to be comfortable, which I think I could do with a propane space heater (and a carbon monoxide detector for safety...).

15 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I'm all in favor of more competition in the sub-$2,000 home launch monitor division, only if (like is apparently true of the Mevo+) they start including side spin. At present, that is the biggest feature that separates the SkyTrak from the sub-$500 class of LMs: they can't tell you if your ball is curving. I don't know about the rest of you, but with my golf game, that ends up being a relevant factor pretty often 🙂

The biggest question with the Mevo+ that I'll be interested in is its indoor performance. In general, radar-based LMs do better the longer the flight of the ball that they can track. That's why so many indoor studios use GC Quad over TrackMan.

From the reviews I've read/watched on the original Mevo, as long as you use the dots on the balls when indoors, it is reasonably accurate. I love that this has the potential to be used both indoors and outdoors, because I know the SkyTrak cannot handle sunlight at all. 

The earliest I could think about purchasing this would be late summer, so I'm sure some of the early reviews will touch on indoor use before I commit to buying. 😀

• Like 5

This looks pretty promising (depending on price). I would love to be able to go to the range and work on consistent distances, assuming, its decently accurate. Another thing would be what features it has. It looks like you can have the driving range display which is great and I dont expect you to be able to link it to one of the golf games like TGC. Will it have any of the features like Skytrak though? Bag Mapping, the handicap test thing where it gives you random distances, etc. 

Pretty big claims.  Expensive monitors have trouble with some of those data points they say it is able to read.  Hope their claims are justified as another low priced competitor is great for the market.  

That's a pretty hefty charge - you must be in a large metro area. The brand new sim in our town charges 30/hr for the driving range and 40/hr. To play a course.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

30 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

That's a pretty hefty charge - you must be in a large metro area. The brand new sim in our town charges 30/hr for the driving range and 40/hr. To play a course.

Milwaukee isn't very big but our winters are very long and cold.  The $55/hr place will die quickly if they try to charge those rates during the warm weather months.

There are other places that use cheaper simulators and only charge $35/hour to play.  We'll keep those places quite though so it will be easier to justify to my wife that spending money to drywall the garage and buy a Mevo+ or Skytrak is a good idea!

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

it will be easier to justify to my wife that spending money to drywall the garage and buy a Mevo+ or Skytrak is a good idea!

Don't forget convincing her to get heat in the garage. 😁

• Like 2

Having to enter which club you are using is concerning

1 hour ago, Shifty said:

Having to enter which club you are using is concerning

Pretty standard with the low power radars. They have to have an expected launch window, which is why the club choice is required.

• Like 1

Was it the original Mevo that required the small metallic stickers? I assume the Mevo+ does not?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

Was it the original Mevo that required the small metallic stickers? I assume the Mevo+ does not?

It still does, especially indoors.

• Like 1

Looks like Mevo+ takes a little dig/jab at Skytrak mentioning (5) courses at no additional licensing cost.

• Like 2