Our Sponsors

Yeah, I have zero interest in spending $2000 on getting numbers that are “close” to realistic. The purpose of a “simulator”, to me, is to get accuracy in my numbers so when I go play I know my distances. It doesn’t do me any good to use these then have different distances I’m hitting shots on-course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

23 hours ago, PMookie said:

The purpose of a “simulator”, to me, is to get accuracy

Simulated accuracy? 🤔

Ha. I understand what you're saying. Honestly though; anything other than a top of the line "pro" model is a toy IMO. Sure, these low end models would be fun and entertaining especially for those where outdoor golf is not doable during the winter. I get that. I might do the same thing if I were in your shoes. However, there's a possibility that we purchase or lease? a top end model LM next year when we open our range - course; but - we'll monetize the thing and use it for fittings and or fee based individual use. From our perspective that's the only way they make sense. If even then.

• Like 3

Read somewhere recently that the new "+" model...
- does not require stickers on the ball;
- does require sitting 8 feet behind the ball and "seeing" at least 8 feet of ball flight.
So a garage setup might be difficult..?

This is good if you need things like angle of attack and the other 7 stats that the + offers that the OG mevo doesn't. Also, if you have paypal credit you should be able to get this for 6 months interest free financing. That's usually what I do for my bigger golf purchases.

With that being said, I'm most likely going to get the + come fall. I may be trying out for my university's team and would like to be able to really 'dial-in' my practice routine.

I haven't seen any real reviews anywhere. Looking forward to seeing actual first hand info on how well it works. If I can use it on the range and then indoors as a Sim, I'm down. But as we all know, promises and claims don't always come through.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

On 3/28/2020 at 7:45 AM, dhartmann34 said:

I haven't seen any real reviews anywhere. Looking forward to seeing actual first hand info on how well it works. If I can use it on the range and then indoors as a Sim, I'm down. But as we all know, promises and claims don't always come through.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Check out this page on YouTube "Golf Simulator Videos". He's been creating a bunch of videos showing his at home use simulator using the Mevo +. I've also been looking into the Mevo+ myself for an at home sim. I also had our local club pro go check it out at the PGA show and he said it looked pretty good in person. 

• Like 2