Quigleyd

New PXG drivers hit the conforming list

Our Sponsors

I imagine PXG club fitters are pleased about the reduction in number of total moveable weights lol.

I'm curious whether these will be the only two drivers to be released in the Gen3 lineup or if a Gen3 XF is coming at a later date. I suppose the X+ might be taking that spot in the lineup as a higher MOI option though

Either way, I'm always excited to see what PXG comes out with. These will be no different.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

looks like every other driver on the market... Probably performs the same too. BUT you get the honor of paying 2x the price to for the logo (ooooo aaahhhhh).

46 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

looks like every other driver on the market... Probably performs the same too. BUT you get the honor of paying 2x the price to for the logo (ooooo aaahhhhh).

Except the gen2 was only $25-50 more expensive than other brands and based on what I’ve seen for gen3 iron pricing the price point won’t change much on the drivers so the $575 price of gen2 probably stays with maybe a slight up tick, also they offer upcharge shafts at a lot better price than the other brands, but let’s not have facts get in the way of pxg bashing 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Except the gen2 was only $25-50 more expensive than other brands and based on what I’ve seen for gen3 iron pricing the price point won’t change much on the drivers so the $575 price of gen2 probably stays with maybe a slight up tick, also they offer upcharge shafts at a lot better price than the other brands, but let’s not have facts get in the way of pxg bashing 

PXG price bashing is the new "lol taylormade releases a new driver every month lol" 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, jlukes said:

PXG price bashing is the new "lol taylormade releases a new driver every month lol" 

Uh oh, I think your G410P is getting nervous 😆.

28 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Uh oh, I think your G410P is getting nervous 😆.

48 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Yeah. I don’t get the whole bashing thing regardless of brand. If you don’t like something that’s fine it’s what’s great about having options. Don’t like it then don’t buy it. Can’t afford it then don’t buy it. 

nobody runs around bashing Ferrari for pricing their stuff higher than domestic cars or that their pricing is ruining the car market. Nobody complains their brand of choice came out with a new tv after they bought one recently 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Yeah. I don’t get the whole bashing thing regardless of brand. If you don’t like something that’s fine it’s what’s great about having options. Don’t like it then don’t buy it. Can’t afford it then don’t buy it. 

nobody runs around bashing Ferrari for pricing their stuff higher than domestic cars or that their pricing is ruining the car market. Nobody complains their brand of choice came out with a new tv after they bought one recently 

And nobody gets mad when other industries have yearly releases. Only internet golfers. It's hilarious 

• Like 3

I did a fitting for the PXG drivers and total price was $575. The Callaway I ended-up with was $650....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

That part always seems to get lost in the mix.

I did a fitting for the PXG drivers and total price was $575. The Callaway I ended-up with was $650....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jlukes said:

And nobody gets mad when other industries have yearly releases. Only internet golfers. It's hilarious 

Don’t you know that your current club no longer works the minute a new release is announced. It becomes a good paperweight at that point 🤪

4 hours ago, JonMUSC08 said:

May look like every other driver but for me the PXG driver is extremely low spin and not forgiving on mishits.  You miss the middle and you will be penalized.  

• Like 1

The X for sure with the weights forward but the XF was named Most Forgiving in Most Wanted testing.

May look like every other driver but for me the PXG driver is extremely low spin and not forgiving on mishits.  You miss the middle and you will be penalized.  

• Like 1

One of the best feeling and most forgiving drivers, the Gen2.

Parsons is doing something right.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

The X for sure with the weights forward but the XF was named Most Forgiving in Most Wanted testing.

Hit the new one; it was the X, today as part of 2020 most wanted testing. We tried multiple shafts and weight locations.

• Like 2

Gotcha. Yeah I'm not surprised the X is uber low spin as it's designed to be that way.

Hit the new one; it was the X, today as part of 2020 most wanted testing. We tried multiple shafts and weight locations.

2 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Gotcha. Yeah I'm not surprised the X is uber low spin as it's designed to be that way.

Wondering how the new Bridgestone ball will impact the testing this year as well.  Definitely performing differently than the balls from previous years.   Been doing testing and while I am going through a bad spell with my swing,  the PXG I hit today was probably one of the worst performing drivers for my swing.  

• Like 4

It is looking as if this is the year companies stop having sliding weights in the heads.  Makes sense, once I found my optimal setting, I leave it alone!!!  We don't need to tinker too much. 

It is looking as if this is the year companies stop having sliding weights in the heads.  Makes sense, once I found my optimal setting, I leave it alone!!!  We don't need to tinker too much. 

At least one version of the SIM still has it.
Still, there are weights to move, and shaft sleeves to adjust. I think we now realize that the weight movement is not for moving it here and there all the time, it is to do what you mention: find what works best for one’s swing, and leave them alone.

• Like 2