Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Dean Knuth's High Heat Clubs

Has Golf Spy ever tested these?  I've been reading about them for several years, and they received extremely high marks at the PGA Golf Show a few years back, and obviously Dean Knuth's credentials are unquestioned....

Edited by Trip D
The absolute worst sounding driver in history. Makes the Nike SQ sound good 

I can attest this this. Had one for half a season. Traded it for a gps watch because I couldn’t bear to listen to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Thanks for the info guys.  Had never heard any opinions about Dean's equipment.  When you examine the metrics in the test results, there isn't a great deal of difference in any of the offerings however....

There generally isn’t a lot of difference especially when you aggregate the data from the various testers. Data analysis is improving each year so the metrics are getting better. Having hit the clubs as part of mist wanted I find that most of the clubs perform about the same. The differences for an individual are based on how you respond to looks and feel of the club in your hands and does the design fit into what you need.

For example, a club may have lines that cause you to close the face at impact. Or the club may be designed for specific swing speeds. What happens a lot today is the weighting of the low spin head produces such a low spin the you can’t properly launch the ball while other produce too much spin and you lose distance.

Mist wanted testing is about finding stock clubs that work best for the largest group of people. Your particular most wanted club may not be in the top 10.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG