TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 PacNW MGS Championships

Thin2win

Where to golf 2020?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Spokane again for Circling Raven, Coeur d'alene and Qualchan or off to Boise for something new?

• Boise
    • Spokane
    • Bend
    • Lake Chelan

This poll is closed to new votes

Hey PacNW golfers:

@fixyurdivot@Canucklehead @Kenny B @MmmmmmBuddy @Har in the Hat @Reesedw @PING Apologist #9 @No3PuttLaLa @Jbmullin @Tomcat @jayjay0808 @DPattGolf @Joyzee10 @jadams505 @Mike McDonald @pulledabill @CouveGolfer @CarlH @MarkCrose @Drumdog @Rittern @TheSandwedgeChef @Justin T. @BoomerGolfAnon @Michael M. @Hecaviator @dlow206

The 2019 event was fun in Spokane and I am up for doing it again. I know we had people from Calgary, Montana and from Bellingham, so it worked out to be fairly central. But, if we wanted to do Bend or Boise for a change of pace I could easily be convinced of that too. Another option would be Lake Chelan in Central WA, it would be Bear Mountain, Dessert Canyon and Gamble Sands. 

Last year we did mid July, I wouldn't mind going for a little earlier this year, the sun can be a laser beam at those locals in July.  I don't know how Harry played in long sleeves...

Anyway, I tagged a lot of you that I know are in the area, if I missed someone that you are aware of, kick this at them. Really, this is to see who is interested and where the group wants to go this year. 

Happy New Year to you all. 

--EDIT--

Confrimed, this year will be June 25th, 26th and 27th in Bend. Will update here with courses as that is determined. read the rest of the thread for more witty banter.

--EDIT-- Confirmed list of Attendees , send me an IM if you are in and I don't have you up here, or just responded to the thread. 

@Thin2win

@fixyurdivot

@pulledabill

@Kenny B

@DPattGolf

@CarlH

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

I guess it all depends on where people are from that want to come.  I'm willing to go to any location since I'm fairly central to all of them.  I've played all the courses in Spokane area, and I've played all of them around Lake Chelan.  I go to Bend most every year, but I have many courses that I haven't played yet.  I have not played in Boise, but since most Spys will likely be west of the Cascades, traveling to Boise might not be the best choice.

The hardest part of this trip will be getting people to commit to the trip and agree on dates.  We all seem to have a lot going on different weekends.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I would love to make it, but I work weekends so it probably won't happen for me.  My days off are Wed/Thr so it might work out possibly for a couple rounds depending.  I do have vacation end of June.  I would be willing to drive 8-10 hours to play.  What is the cost to play some of these courses people have on their minds?

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Chris, I voted Boise but Spokane would be my second choice (which seems the best midpoint for most).  Wouldn't mind a second crack at the KP trophy on that up the mountain, where's the flag, #17 par 3 at Meadow Wood 😉.

45 minutes ago, pulledabill said:

What is the cost to play some of these courses people have on their minds?

The Spokane courses were very reasonable and good value considering quality.  Kalispell CC eats up a $140 bill but it's gorgeous and definitely worth it IMHO.  I played Banbury GC (Boise) last summer and it was $50.  Excellent value and a fun, challenging track.  I haven't heard much from Rob on the forum of late and sure hope he can join us.  He lives just outside of Boise and has the scoop on courses there but pretty sure they're all well under $100. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Being on the southern end of the spectrum, I'm liking Bend 🙂

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

7 hours ago, CarlH said:

Being on the southern end of the spectrum, I'm liking Bend 🙂

I was in bend for the first time last month, got there two days after that big snow storm... Not enough snow to ski, but too much to golf or bike. But it was a pretty area. 

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

We will see if anyone else ways in over the next few days. But Boise is the leader in the clubhouse. There looks to be a ton of options there. 

I'm looking at June 18-21 as a good option for me, how would that work for you all? 

WITB:

8 hours ago, Thin2win said:

We will see if anyone else ways in over the next few days. But Boise is the leader in the clubhouse. There looks to be a ton of options there. 

I'm looking at June 18-21 as a good option for me, how would that work for you all? 

I can make those dates.  Also, Boise and Spokane are the same for me distance wise, so depending on who we end up with I'm fine with either location. Thanks for heading this up Chris!  

Obviously as a resident of Bend I would be all for it here!

Wish I could have made it last year. Looked like a blast

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

21 hours ago, DPattGolf said:

Obviously as a resident of Bend I would be all for it here!

Wish I could have made it last year. Looked like a blast

Prices in Bend are high in June.  However, I love the area.  I usually go in late April, but if the group wants to go then, I'll postpone my trip.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm not ignoring this, I was hoping that some more people would weigh in, especially those that participated last year. I am open to Bend as well.

@fixyurdivot bend is a significant haul for you, what are your thoughts on it? Based on @Kenny B's note above, I could do a Bend trip in April. if @DPattGolf can coordinate some discounted rounds someplace I could be even more convinced. 

There rest of you PNW golfers, chime in! lol. 😅

WITB:

I'm in for a Bend excursion.  There are just so many options, and none of them are bad...  Juniper in Redmond is great. Crooked River Ranch is fun,  Pronghorn, Brasada Ranch, Tetherow, Eagle Crest, Broken Top, Bend CC,  Crosswater.... the list goes on and on and on and on...  

summer is obviously the busy season for me, but if the days work right, I should be able to sneak over for a few rounds..

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

8 hours ago, Thin2win said:

I'm not ignoring this, I was hoping that some more people would weigh in, especially those that participated last year. I am open to Bend as well.

@fixyurdivot bend is a significant haul for you, what are your thoughts on it? Based on @Kenny B's note above, I could do a Bend trip in April. if @DPattGolf can coordinate some discounted rounds someplace I could be even more convinced. 

There rest of you PNW golfers, chime in! lol. 😅

Bend is a long haul for me.  Lodging costs there tend to run pretty high as well.  Not out of the question, just not my top pick.  We've not heard from Harry (@Har in the Hat) lately and, presuming he plans to attend, that's quite a drive for him.  Also, an April event may be an issue if my cross-country trip to The World Golf Hall of Fame and RTJ Trail courses pans out... both my driver and my driving ass will be well worn 🙂.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all adding @diamondato the thread. I sent @DPattGolfan IM to see if he can work some deals for the Bend area as it looks to have the most interest. Looking at the end of April as a good time for most. Who all would be in for that?

WITB:

12 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Hey all adding @diamondato the thread. I sent @DPattGolfan IM to see if he can work some deals for the Bend area as it looks to have the most interest. Looking at the end of April as a good time for most. Who all would be in for that?

I will be driving back from SoCal on April 8-11, but I could make the trip at the end of the month.  My wife will likely come too.

My preference would be something around Redmond/Sisters, but Bend is OK.  I hope to get into my condo at Eagle Crest.

No time off for me at the end of April, but I could do a Tuesday evening, all day Wednesday and all day Thursday if any of you all are there on those days. Only vacation time  took this year was June 21-28 and a few random days for tournies in the spring and summer. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Okay, looking at the 22nd of April through the 26th in Bend, who all would that work for? golf could be 2 or 3 days of that. probably the 23rd, 24th and 25th. 

How does that look for everyone?

@fixyurdivot@Canucklehead @Kenny B @MmmmmmBuddy @Har in the Hat @Reesedw @PING Apologist #9 @No3PuttLaLa @Jbmullin @Tomcat @jayjay0808 @DPattGolf @Joyzee10 @jadams505 @Mike McDonald @pulledabill @CouveGolfer @CarlH @MarkCrose @Drumdog @Rittern @TheSandwedgeChef @Justin T. @BoomerGolfAnon @Michael M. @Hecaviator @dlow206@diamonda

WITB:

I am in for part of it.  Coming over from Salem so I would come over the afternoon of the 21st in time for 9 at say Black Butte or Aspen Lakes.  Then all day the 22, and 23rd if anybody is around. 

There is a fairly big spring tournament over in Central Oregon and they use Aspen Lakes, Eagle Crest, and Im not sure what else...maybe Black Butte?    Not sure of the dates though.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Okay, I found the golf tourney info and there is possibly a conflict depending on the treks you want to play.  Bend isn't always wonderful weather wise in April .  I had a number of buddies who did this event last year and they said the weather wasn't very good. 

https://www.centraloregonshootout.com/outings-a-events/central-oregon-shootout-2019

2020 Central Oregon Shootout

April 23-26, 2020

The Central Oregon Shootout (COSO) began in 2003 and has grown to be “the” spring event in which to participate in Central Oregon. COSO treats participants to a round robin, 3 course weekend outing.
The courses again this year will be Black Butte Ranch, Eagle Crest, and Aspen Lakes. With a limit of 150 two-person teams and daily formats including Best Ball, Chapman and 2 Person Scramble, COSO maximizes player enjoyment and gives an excellent opportunity to be “in the money” with over $20,000 in payouts. Join us, won’t you? But don’t wait, if the last 16 years is any indication it will reach maximum capacity quickly!

Edited by pulledabill

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I wish I could but I have committed to a team tournament in Victoria BC that weekend

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

1 hour ago, pulledabill said:

Bend isn't always wonderful weather wise in April

The same can be said for Boise and Spokane.  I just looked at the dates from last years event; we met 7/12-14.  Just throwing this out there, but I think our odds for really nice weather are June and July.

I wish I could add another poll to see which month works for the most. I'm good with either June or July.

I could do July 15—19 or June 3-7. How would those look for you all as options? 

WITB:

15 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

I wish I could add another poll to see which month works for the most. I'm good with either June or July.

I could do July 15—19 or June 3-7. How would those look for you all as options? 

I can make either work but prefer 7/15-19.

3 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Okay, I found the golf tourney info and there is possibly a conflict depending on the treks you want to play.  Bend isn't always wonderful weather wise in April .  I had a number of buddies who did this event last year and they said the weather wasn't very good. 

https://www.centraloregonshootout.com/outings-a-events/central-oregon-shootout-2019

April 23-26, 2020

The Central Oregon Shootout (COSO) began in 2003 and has grown to be “the” spring event in which to participate in Central Oregon. COSO treats participants to a round robin, 3 course weekend outing.
The courses again this year will be Black Butte Ranch, Eagle Crest, and Aspen Lakes. With a limit of 150 two-person teams and daily formats including Best Ball, Chapman and 2 Person Scramble, COSO maximizes player enjoyment and gives an excellent opportunity to be “in the money” with over $20,000 in payouts. Join us, won’t you? But don’t wait, if the last 16 years is any indication it will reach maximum capacity quickly!

A couple of years ago my wife and I played with two guys that were playing a practice round at Black Butte Ranch for the COSO.  They were a lot of fun.  We left the 1st day of the tourney, but had breakfast at the BBR restaurant on our way out.  It started snowing!!  I've been to Bend/Redmond many times at the end of April, and it's hit and miss for nice weather.  The weather gets better in May, which is why the rates go up May 1.

Put me down for any date... I'm retired!!!

7 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

A couple of years ago my wife and I played with two guys that were playing a practice round at Black Butte Ranch for the COSO.  They were a lot of fun.  We left the 1st day of the tourney, but had breakfast at the BBR restaurant on our way out.  It started snowing!!  I've been to Bend/Redmond many times at the end of April, and it's hit and miss for nice weather.  The weather gets better in May, which is why the rates go up May 1.

Put me down for any date... I'm retired!!!

I worked in Central Oregon every other week for about 10 years. Ive seen snow in Lapine in July. Im in whenever unless I have another tourny scheduled. Im close enough to head home if the weather bites. 

Edited by pulledabill

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Definitely interested!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 1:53 PM, pulledabill said:

April 23-26, 2020

Glad you mentioned this @pulledabill. So COSO is a really big event. So big that each of the 3 flights gets their own shotgun at 1 of the courses each day. At Eagle Crest we won't be opening up the Ridge Course until around 3pm (possibly later) each day for non tournament play. Not sure when or if Black Butte or Aspen Lakes plans on opening up their courses for play after the event each day. Also there is a decently high percentage of participants that are from out of the area, so lodging availability may be a bit more sparse then normal for Mid Spring in Central Oregon

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Apparently, I can't do this over July 17th. My wife took issue with me planning a golf trip over our anniversary.... whoops. 

So, cancelling weddings, work trips, and anniversaries out of my schedule. It looks like the best week of the summer is June 24th through June 28th. 

So, chime in if you are game for a trip to Bend, 3 or 4 rounds of golf over a few days that week. Last year was fun, lets add a few more people to this event this year and have a better time. 

Likely courses would be Eagle Crest, since @DPattGolfworks there and we would need to harass him. Pronghorn and Tetherow sound nice. But lots of other options in the area. This isn't limited to MGS members, friends, family and spouses are all welcome. 

So, Chime in, who is in? I'll edit the first post in the thread to add confirmed names. 

WITB:

2 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Apparently, I can't do this over July 17th. My wife took issue with me planning a golf trip over our anniversary.... whoops. 

Sounds like something I would do 🤣.  I can make those dates - this will likely replace my WGHOF trip.  Let me know if you need some help scheduling, but it sounds like @DPattGolfwill be a big help.