Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2020 PacNW MGS Championships

Thin2win

Where to golf 2020?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Spokane again for Circling Raven, Coeur d'alene and Qualchan or off to Boise for something new?

• Boise
    • Spokane
    • Bend
    • Lake Chelan

This poll is closed to new votes

Im off that whole week so Im in at least for a couple days. It depends on what the group decides for courses. Some are a bit too pricey for me to be honest.

I will most likey already be in Eastern Oregon golfing and fishing so it works great for me. 

Edited by pulledabill

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I haven't checked my travel schedule, but I'm in if the dates work in my favor.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

7 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Apparently, I can't do this over July 17th. My wife took issue with me planning a golf trip over our anniversary.... whoops. 

So, cancelling weddings, work trips, and anniversaries out of my schedule. It looks like the best week of the summer is June 24th through June 28th. 

So, chime in if you are game for a trip to Bend, 3 or 4 rounds of golf over a few days that week. Last year was fun, lets add a few more people to this event this year and have a better time. 

Likely courses would be Eagle Crest, since @DPattGolfworks there and we would need to harass him. Pronghorn and Tetherow sound nice. But lots of other options in the area. This isn't limited to MGS members, friends, family and spouses are all welcome. 

So, Chime in, who is in? I'll edit the first post in the thread to add confirmed names. 

I'm in with my wife.  We have a condo at Eagle Crest.  I had better check, it fills up fast so I need exact dates soon.

I like the Ridge course at Eagle Crest; the Resort course, not so much.  If you stay in Bend, it's a bit of a drive; Redmond would be a better choice.  Juniper GC in Redmond is nice, so is Aspen Lakes in Sisters.

Not sure I could swing the pricey Pronghorn and Tetherow in peak season.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I'm in with my wife.  We have a condo at Eagle Crest.  I had better check, it fills up fast so I need exact dates soon.

...  ... 

Not sure I could swing the pricey Pronghorn and Tetherow in peak season.

I'll travel there on the 24th. Takes me a full day to get there. Golf on the 25th, 26th and 27th. Leave people Sunday to get home. 

No need to break the bank on this, it sounds like the are lots of budget friendly course options. So if pronghorn and tetherow are too pricey easy to drop them. Maybe do one as a twilight round one day

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

9 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Sounds like something I would do 🤣.  I can make those dates - this will likely replace my WGHOF trip.  Let me know if you need some help scheduling, but it sounds like @DPattGolfwill be a big help. 

I'll take all the help I can get. 😉👍

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Assuming the dates work for me, we'll stay at the RV Park at the Fairgrounds in Redmond.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

6 hours ago, Thin2win said:

I'll travel there on the 24th. Takes me a full day to get there. Golf on the 25th, 26th and 27th. Leave people Sunday to get home. 

No need to break the bank on this, it sounds like the are lots of budget friendly course options. So if pronghorn and tetherow are too pricey easy to drop them. Maybe do one as a twilight round one day

It requires an overnight in route and back for me - probably means I'll have to play a course or two in Boise doggone it 🙂.  I don't mind splurging for one round.

No doubt our Oregon spies have further intel on the options but here's a start at what I'm finding as open to public courses and the green fees that time of year.

Widgi Creek, $95 (9am-12am) | $55 (12pm-3pm), $17 cart.  They rent pull carts so I suppose that answers the "walkable" question.

https://www.widgi.com/

Tetherow Golf Club, $190 | $110 (twilight), includes cart.

https://tetherow.com/golf/

Pronghorn - Nicklaus Course, $150-$200 + caddie fees??  website dosen't show rates during June. (personally, I'm not into caddie/fore caddie courses)

https://pronghornresort.com/activities/golf/

Sunriver Meadows, $125 (open-12am) | $105 (12pm - 2pm) | $85 (2pm - 5pm)

https://www.destinationhotels.com/sunriver-resort/golf/meadows-bend-oregon-golf-course

Quail Run GC, $65 (open-2pm) | $40 (after 2pm), $17 cart

https://golfquailrun.com/

Rivers Edge GC, $63 (open-2pm) | $39 (after 2pm), $17 cart.  They also rent pull carts so it's walkable.

https://riversedgegolfbend.com/

If you know of other options, please add the info.  After we've had a chance to review, we could do a downselect poll to get the top 3 or 4.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Really might want to consider Juniper  in Redmond (just outside of Bend).  It's a challenging course that isn't all that expensive.

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

Really might want to consider Juniper  in Redmond (just outside of Bend).  It's a challenging course that isn't all that expensive.

Did you ever get to play the old Juniper? I playedit a few times and loved it.Just wondering how the two compare. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Juniper  in Redmondis running around $85 at peak. New GM so not sure if rates wil go up.

Meadow Lake is 25 east of Redmond in Prinevile and is supposed to be a fun and challenging course if the wind is blowing. Hig looks to be around $50

Crooked River is fun with kind of an epic canyon hole. Its 20 minutes north of Redmond. High rate is around $50.

Aspen is in Sisters and is in the $50-75 range. 25 minutes west of Redmond. Supposed to be a fun track.

Black Butte has 2 courses 15 minutes west of Sisters. Seems to be a hig of $85. Beautiful wooded resort setting. 

Crosswater is out in Sunriver as is rated as a must play.All of the courses are good out in Sunriver which is 20 sourh of Bend. Not sure of rates but I would guess in the $85 to $150 range? 

A real gem is Tokatee which is a mountain course and just short of 1.5 hours west of Redmond. Runs about $55. If anybody wants to meet going to or from this event, I could join them. 

Bend GC and Awbrey are both private.

Old Back 9 used ro be a full 18 called Mountain High. Played it a ton years ago, but not this 9. Basicaly the developer wanted more houses. homeowners conplained, so  they had to keep, make, or redo 9 holes.

Rivers Edge is at the north end of Bend with bar and lodging. Good location. Played it and like it but again its been years.

Widgi used to be Inn at 7th Mtn. Resort course up towards Mt Bachelor. Decent course

Eagle Crest Ive played the resort course and it had a few holes I really  enjoyed. Never played Ridge.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

7 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Did you ever get to play the old Juniper? I playedit a few times and loved it.Just wondering how the two compare. 

Depends on when "old" and when "new" begins.  I've played it a couple of times in the last 6 years, but not in the last 2.  I really liked the greens there .... fast greens with undulations and slopes that would challenge even the best of putters!

8 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Depends on when "old" and when "new" begins.  I've played it a couple of times in the last 6 years, but not in the last 2.  I really liked the greens there .... fast greens with undulations and slopes that would challenge even the best of putters!

Course sits in a different location then it did when I was playing in the late 80s and 90s. It went to its jew location in 2006 or 2007 or right in there some where. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Just now, pulledabill said:

Course sits in a different location then it did when I was playing in the late 80s and 90s. It went to its jew location in 2006 or 2007 or right in there some where. 

Then I've only played the newer course.....the one out by the fairgrounds off airport road.

There are 27 spies on the distribution list, only 7 voted, resulting in a 50/50 split between Bend and Boise... remind me again how we ended up in Bend 🤣.

image.thumb.png.7fddf29b52079bd2509742a6485515ba.png

How many are near certain they are able to attend a 6/24-27 meetup (one or all three rounds)?  I'm starting to look at hotel options as this area gets pretty busy that time of year.  

I’m fairly certain that I have nothing going on that week. I need to check the calendar for events, but as of today, it looks clear. I could most definitely make a few days in the schedule for some golf in central Oregon in June...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I actually do have something else that week tentatively.  

Edit:  I can cancel the conflicting trip and be in Bend for all 3 days of golf.  So, count me in!

Edited by CarlH
change of plans

Im on for 24, 25. and 26. Probably arive inthe area afternoon of the 24th.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Because the comments seemed to lean heavily towards Bend.  😂

WITB:

I couldn't get into my condo at Eagle Crest for those dates, so I opted to stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in downtown Bend because I'm Lifetime Platinum member.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I couldn't get into my condo at Eagle Crest for those dates, so I opted to stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in downtown Bend because I'm Lifetime Platinum member.  

Are you booked then? What dates can you golf?

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

10 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Because the comments seemed to lean heavily towards Bend.  😂

Hmm, I'm thinking more like the pull of the pacific ocean.😉

4 hours ago, pulledabill said:

I'm at the holiday Inn in Bend, 24th-28th 

WITB:

Golfing the 25th-27th

WITB:

I'm booked at the Fairfield Inn & Suites 6/24-27.  My plan is to stay overnight in route and arrive about noon on Tuesday 6/23. I would be interested in meeting up for a round that afternoon.

15 hours ago, pulledabill said:

18 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm booked at the Fairfield Inn & Suites 6/24-27.  My plan is to stay overnight in route and arrive about noon on Tuesday 6/23. I would be interested in meeting up for a round that afternoon.

So..... arriving on Tuesday 6/23 but booked into Fairfield on 6/24-27.  Where are you staying on Tuesday night?

I'm also staying at the Fairfield, arriving on Wed 6/24 about noon.  I will play Wed afternoon, although rather poorly after a trip.  I will play 6/25-27, leaving for home after play Sat... hopefully close to 3pm.

55 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

So..... arriving on Tuesday 6/23 but booked into Fairfield on 6/24-27.  Where are you staying on Tuesday night?

I'm also staying at the Fairfield, arriving on Wed 6/24 about noon.  I will play Wed afternoon, although rather poorly after a trip.  I will play 6/25-27, leaving for home after play Sat... hopefully close to 3pm.

I meant arriving Wednesday 6/24 at noon.  I'm overnighting in either Ontario or Hines, OR. Let's plan on a round that afternoon and at least one frosty cold brew afterwards.  Who else wants to play Wednesday afternoon?  

55 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I meant arriving Wednesday 6/24 at noon.  I'm overnighting in either Ontario or Hines, OR. Let's plan on a round that afternoon and at least one frosty cold brew afterwards.  Who else wants to play Wednesday afternoon?  

I won't get there til dinner time on Wednesday. But I do here bend has some beer options if we all wanted to meet up

WITB:

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I am in for golf on the 24th, 25th, and 26th. I will be in Burns/Hines area the 23rd at Crane Hot Springs and playing a small course they have in Hines.  Not sure of lodging for me quite yet.  Are we keeping this to just MGS peeps or can I put a feeler out from another group I am part of.  No idea if anybody would jump on or not and I don't want to overstep as this is my first event with MGS. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

1 hour ago, pulledabill said:

I am in for golf on the 24th, 25th, and 26th. I will be in Burns/Hines area the 23rd at Crane Hot Springs and playing a small course they have in Hines.  Not sure of lodging for me quite yet.  Are we keeping this to just MGS peeps or can I put a feeler out from another group I am part of.  No idea if anybody would jump on or not and I don't want to overstep as this is my first event with MGS. 

So long as they are willing to take the MGS oath and buy the beer, I'm good 😆.  At some point not too far off, we will need to solidify numbers so we can secure preferred tee times at the TBD courses.  I suspect these courses get much love during that time of year and large groups require some advanced scheduling??

5 hours ago, Thin2win said:

I won't get there til dinner time on Wednesday. But I do here bend has some beer options if we all wanted to meet up

Works for me 👍.

3 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Friends and family welcome. 

WITB: