Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2020 PacNW MGS Championships

Thin2win

Where to golf 2020?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Spokane again for Circling Raven, Coeur d'alene and Qualchan or off to Boise for something new?

• Boise
    • Spokane
    • Bend
    • Lake Chelan

This poll is closed to new votes

What is everybody thinking about holes each day?  Days are long and should be clear skies so I am in for 18 on Wednesday and 36 Thursday and Friday if we are up to that?  I like to walk but will most likely cart it if we did 36.  Early(ish) AM round then afternoon/evening round?

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

What are the actual golfing days?  Wed/Thur/Fri  or Thur/Fri/Sat?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

45 minutes ago, CarlH said:

What are the actual golfing days?  Wed/Thur/Fri  or Thur/Fri/Sat?

Officially Thur, Fri, and Sat, but a myself and a couple others will be there Wednesday afternoon for a round. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

3 hours ago, pulledabill said:

What is everybody thinking about holes each day?  Days are long and should be clear skies so I am in for 18 on Wednesday and 36 Thursday and Friday if we are up to that?  I like to walk but will most likely cart it if we did 36.  Early(ish) AM round then afternoon/evening round?

I love to walk when I can and will bring my cart.  I'm open to playing 36 holes one of the days - not that I don't want to play more but my shoulders, back, and elbow dictate otherwise.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I've tried the other site and a couple of buddies, but no bites on joining us. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,  I've been off on a 10 day vacation, but back now. I'm going to see if I can add a poll, or update the existing one. But, we need to come to a plan for number of rounds to play and the average cost per round that everyone is comfortable with. 

As a minimum, it would be 3 rounds, one each day. The question is, how many of you want to play 36? if you do, how many days of 36? And would you want the 2nd 18 to be at the same or a different course?

I'll start for me, and say that I was thinking 18/36/18 for the 3 days. And if I could average $75 a round that would be good. 

what say the rest of you?

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

I will play 9 or 18 on Wednesday depending on when I roll in. Im good with 36 each day but will go with group on vote. I will headed back home Friday night so Saturday Im out. I got a couple coupons at the PDX golf show. One for Aspen and a couple for Widgi Cr. Im good with the above price. I doubt Id play Tetherow or Pronghorn as its a bit steep for me, but dont let that hold the group up if you guys decide to go. I can entertain my in Central Oregon quite easily. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I'm not sure I could play 36 anymore; haven't done it in years.  I played 27 two years ago... once.  My wife says she won't play 36, so we probably will pass.  You young guys go ahead.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

36 holes is a bit much for me, too.  I'll stick to just one round per day.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

17 hours ago, Thin2win said:

I'll start for me, and say that I was thinking 18/36/18 for the 3 days. And if I could average $75 a round that would be good. 

what say the rest of you?

That works for me as well.  

Looking at the courses in the area, I could use some feedback from those of you that have played the, or those that live and work there. 

I'm looking at Eagle Crest, either course for the 25th. 

Widgi morning of the 26th, with a potential 2nd round at Tetherow since it is across the street. 

The 27th I don't have a strong opinion on. Lots of great options. 

How does this sound for the 25th/26th? And what other course(s) should we hit? 

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

15 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Looking at the courses in the area, I could use some feedback from those of you that have played the, or those that live and work there. 

Widgi morning of the 26th, with a potential 2nd round at Tetherow since it is across the street. 

I've played Widgi and liked it, but it has been years.  I've played the resort course at Eagle Crest many times but never the Ridge course.  I believe Kenny said he likes the Ridge course much better. 

Courses I've never played but would like to would be Juniper (Redmond), Crosswater (Sunriver), Aspen Lakes (Sisters),  Quail Run (LaPine), Black Butte courses (Black Butte/Sisters), and Meadowlakes (Prineville). 

A couple of us have never played the area but a few of us have so maybe find a course or two that nobody has played. 

I am good with Widgi and Eagle Crest as mentioned. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

19 hours ago, Thin2win said:

The Ridge Course at Eagle Crest looks good for the 25th.

Widgi & Tetherow on the 26th works for me.

For the 27th, I vote Quail Run or Sunriver Meadows

6 hours ago, pulledabill said:

I've played Widgi and liked it, but it has been years.  I've played the resort course at Eagle Crest many times but never the Ridge course.  I believe Kenny said he likes the Ridge course much better. 

Courses I've never played but would like to would be Juniper (Redmond), Crosswater (Sunriver), Aspen Lakes (Sisters),  Quail Run (LaPine), Black Butte courses (Black Butte/Sisters), and Meadowlakes (Prineville). 

A couple of us have never played the area but a few of us have so maybe find a course or two that nobody has played. 

I am good with Widgi and Eagle Crest as mentioned. 

We need to get our couple of local pros to weigh in on the courses.  @DPattGolf and @MmmmmmBuddy

I play in Bend maybe once a year, but didn't play there last year.  Yes, I prefer the Ridge course at Eagle Crest, but I could play the resort course.  I've played Widgi Creek, Juniper, Aspen Lakes, Black Butte Ranch (both courses), and I think I played Meadowlakes.  But it's been a number of years for most of these.  Lost Tracks is interesting.

I'm good for most courses.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm good with whatever courses are decided.  I have no particular input on which course to play.  I've only played Juniper, Widgi Creek, and Lost Tracks before.  I'm open.  I may be traveling to Bend without the bride, which would open up my golf time considerably.  That's still in the air for now.  In any case, looking forward to doing this!

On 3/2/2020 at 4:29 PM, Thin2win said:

19 hours ago, Kenny B said:

We need to get our couple of local pros to weigh in on the courses.  @DPattGolf and @MmmmmmBuddy

Yes, I prefer the Ridge course at Eagle Crest, but I could play the resort course.  I've played Widgi Creek, Juniper, Aspen Lakes, Black Butte Ranch (both courses), and I think I played Meadowlakes.  But it's been a number of years for most of these.  Lost Tracks is interesting.

So, I have lived in and played golf in Oregon since 1980. I have been over to Central Oregon more times than I can remember. I would be happy to give my input.

Eagle Crest.  Try to get the Ridge Course.  The Resort is ok, but the Ridge is hands down the better track.  

Juniper.  Recommended. Fun Layout and reasonable pricing structure.  

Tetherow. - I would play it again, but be prepared for a lot of 3 and 4 putts.  This place has some of the goofiest green complexes that I have ever seen.

Pronghorn. -  Pricey, but worth it IMO.

Crooked River Ranch. This is chance for you to shoot your career low. This place is so fun.  My Men's club has 2 outings a year here, and the Pro out there is great.

Black Butte Ranch. Both courses are fun, and worth the trip.

Tokatee golf club. highly recommended.  I know that this is a bit of a journey from Bend, but the course and crew at Tokatee will make the trip memorable. 

There are just so many great options out there...  It is tough to go wrong.

N.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

11 minutes ago, MmmmmmBuddy said:

So, I have lived in and played golf in Oregon since 1980. I have been over to Central Oregon more times than I can remember. I would be happy to give my input.

Eagle Crest.  Try to get the Ridge Course.  The Resort is ok, but the Ridge is hands down the better track.  

Juniper.  Recommended. Fun Layout and reasonable pricing structure.  

Tetherow. - I would play it again, but be prepared for a lot of 3 and 4 putts.  This place has some of the goofiest green complexes that I have ever seen.

Pronghorn. -  Pricey, but worth it IMO.

Crooked River Ranch. This is chance for you to shoot your career low. This place is so fun.  My Men's club has 2 outings a year here, and the Pro out there is great.

Black Butte Ranch. Both courses are fun, and worth the trip.

Tokatee golf club. highly recommended.  I know that this is a bit of a journey from Bend, but the course and crew at Tokatee will make the trip memorable. 

There are just so many great options out there...  It is tough to go wrong.

N.

What are your thoughts on Quail Run, Sunriver Meadows, and Crosswater?  I don't hear a ton about Lost Tracks and I am not sure why.  Is The Old Back 9 part of the old Mountain High course? 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

What are your thoughts on Quail Run, Sunriver Meadows, and Crosswater?  I don't hear a ton about Lost Tracks and I am not sure why.  Is The Old Back 9 part of the old Mountain High course? 

Love Quail. Used to play out there when it was only a 9 hole track. Funny story.... that used to be the 2nd closest course to my house at 105 miles.

All of the SunRiver courses are worth a play.

People either love or hate Lost Tracks. I personally find it fun and challenging, and will never turn down a chance to play there.

Sent from OregonMyGolfSpy

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

1 hour ago, MmmmmmBuddy said:

Love Quail. Used to play out there when it was only a 9 hole track. Funny story.... that used to be the 2nd closest course to my house at 105 miles.

All of the SunRiver courses are worth a play.

People either love or hate Lost Tracks. I personally find it fun and challenging, and will never turn down a chance to play there.

I've played Lost Tracks.  I'd play it again.

Crooked River Ranch is definitely fun.  We play it whenever we visit the area.  It's a bit of a drive from Bend, which is where most people are staying.  But so is Black Butte Ranch.

There are almost too many options in the Bend area. 

For the last day, I'm leaning towards Juniper as it looks to be close and reasonably priced. 

Right now we are looking at:

6/25

Eagle Crest - Ridge Course

6/26

AM tee time - Widgi Creek

PM tee time - Tetherow or Pronghorn

6/27

I need some votes from you all given the above. Crosswater looks great, if we do Tetherow or Pronghorn on the 26th, I'd be game for doing the other the following day. Juniper is in the area and looks to be the most reasonably priced of the bunch. 

Black butte, tokatee and quail run all look to be a bit more of a drive than I think we need since there are so many options closer. 

So, sound off.  

q1) who is in for the 2nd round on the 26th, and would you rather go Tetherow or Pronghorn?

q2) which course on the last day best suites your budget and golfing desire? One of the fancy courses would be great, but I don't want to exclude people from going if a round at their price point is out. If left of up to me, I'd lean towards Juniper.

ixyurdivot@Canucklehead @Kenny B @MmmmmmBuddy @Har in the Hat @Reesedw @PING Apologist #9 @No3PuttLaLa @Jbmullin @Tomcat @jayjay0808 @DPattGolf @Joyzee10 @jadams505 @Mike McDonald @pulledabill @CouveGolfer @CarlH @MarkCrose @Drumdog @Rittern @TheSandwedgeChef @Justin T. @BoomerGolfAnon @Michael M. @Hecaviator @dlow206

WITB:

1 hour ago, Thin2win said:

Black butte, tokatee and quail run all look to be a bit more of a drive than I think we need since there are so many options closer. 

So, sound off.  

Shorter drive is better - says the guy traveling the furthest 🙂.  Juniper looks like a good choice and gets my vote.

5 hours ago, Thin2win said:

There are almost too many options in the Bend area. 

For the last day, I'm leaning towards Juniper as it looks to be close and reasonably priced. 

Right now we are looking at:

6/25

Eagle Crest - Ridge Course

6/26

AM tee time - Widgi Creek

PM tee time - Tetherow or Pronghorn

6/27

I need some votes from you all given the above. Crosswater looks great, if we do Tetherow or Pronghorn on the 26th, I'd be game for doing the other the following day. Juniper is in the area and looks to be the most reasonably priced of the bunch. 

So, sound off.  

q1) who is in for the 2nd round on the 26th, and would you rather go Tetherow or Pronghorn?

q2) which course on the last day best suites your budget and golfing desire? One of the fancy courses would be great, but I don't want to exclude people from going if a round at their price point is out. If left of up to me, I'd lean towards Juniper.

ixyurdivot@Canucklehead @Kenny B @MmmmmmBuddy @Har in the Hat @Reesedw @PING Apologist #9 @No3PuttLaLa @Jbmullin @Tomcat @jayjay0808 @DPattGolf @Joyzee10 @jadams505 @Mike McDonald @pulledabill @CouveGolfer @CarlH @MarkCrose @Drumdog @Rittern @TheSandwedgeChef @Justin T. @BoomerGolfAnon @Michael M. @Hecaviator @dlow206

I will skip Tetherow or Pronghorn; play another time in the shoulder season for less money.

Juniper is great!  And it's on the way home for me that day.  I would like to be hitting the road before 3pm.

Im in for whatever is decided Thursday and Friday minus the Tetherow or Pronghoen round. I will be in town Wednesday late morning and wil be looking fir a game at msybe Lost Tracks, Quail Run or Rivers Edge, or...???

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I'm flexible for any of the courses that works for the majority.  I'm bringing a friend and we will be there to play all 3 days.

I’ll vote for Pronghorn over Tetherow. And +1000000 for Juniper.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Tethrow is rather punishing.....Pronghorn may be the better option?

3 hours ago, CarlH said:

Tethrow is rather punishing.....Pronghorn may be the better option?

Looking at the photos, layout and reviews of Pronghorn, your comment about Tetherow has me concerned 😱.  

41 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Looking at the photos, layout and reviews of Pronghorn, your comment about Tetherow has me concerned 😱.  

I've never actually played Tetherow and only going off comments a friend had made about it.   I'm sure some of our other spies have played it and will have better info.  It wouldn't be the first (nor the last) difficult course I've played 🙂  

Looking at the photos, layout and reviews of Pronghorn, your comment about Tetherow has me concerned .  

I played Tetherow last year. Obviously, this is a small sample size, but here we go.

On 1, I hit it up the middle, then hit wedge right over the flag to 12 feet. Ended up making a 6 foot snake for double bogie.

On 2, I hit Driver/5 iron right at it, and ended up on the green, 140 feet from the hole, and made bogie.

Back to back 4 taps.

I’m never going back.

2 hours ago, MmmmmmBuddy said:

I played Tetherow last year. Obviously, this is a small sample size, but here we go.

On 1, I hit it up the middle, then hit wedge right over the flag to 12 feet. Ended up making a 6 foot snake for double bogie.

On 2, I hit Driver/5 iron right at it, and ended up on the green, 140 feet from the hole, and made bogie.

Back to back 4 taps.

I’m never going back.

Maybe we look for another option to both Tetherow and Pronghorn?  Paying high green fees to be frustrated isn't my choice.