Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2020 PacNW MGS Championships

Thin2win

Where to golf 2020?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Spokane again for Circling Raven, Coeur d'alene and Qualchan or off to Boise for something new?

• Boise
    • Spokane
    • Bend
    • Lake Chelan

This poll is closed to new votes

52 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Maybe we look for another option to both Tetherow and Pronghorn?  Paying high green fees to be frustrated isn't my choice.  

I think if you want  to play one or the other, go for it. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Grabbed this map to help me get my bearings.  Based on the feedback regarding Tetherow and Pronghorn, I'm favoring one of the Sunriver courses, Quail Run, or Lost Tracks in their place.  Also, maybe we do one of the "tough" courses (am) and a less challenging (pm) on the 26th?

How about Quail Run on the 25th.

Sunriver (am) and Lost Tracks (pm) on the 26th.

Juniper (am) on the 27th.

Those of us arriving early enough on Wednesday 6/24 maybe Rivers Edge??

1214.gif

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Crosswater?  Widgi Creek?  I'm open to any of the courses in the area myself, including the harder and pricier courses, if the majority also in favor of them.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I am good with Crosswater (Sun River) / Lost tracks on the 26th, I think that would be fun.

I'd still like to do Eagle Crest on the 25th since @DPattGolfworks there and I hear he has arraigned a free scorecard for each one of us. If we behave, we might even get a free pencil.

Juniper on the 27th also sounds good to me.  

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

On 3/10/2020 at 3:26 PM, Thin2win said:

Alright Guys I need some help.. I am up for the Photo contest in the gallery.. I need some votes.. Please take a look and Vote.... Lets keep this win in the PNW @fixyurdivot, and myself are both in the running.... Thanks

ixyurdivot@Canucklehead @Kenny B @MmmmmmBuddy @Har in the Hat @Reesedw @PING Apologist #9 @No3PuttLaLa @Jbmullin @Tomcat @jayjay0808 @DPattGolf @Joyzee10 @jadams505 @Mike McDonald @pulledabill @CouveGolfer @CarlH @MarkCrose @Drumdog @Rittern @TheSandwedgeChef @Justin T. @BoomerGolfAnon @Michael M. @Hecaviator @dlow206

Edited by Reesedw

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

8 hours ago, Thin2win said:

I am good with Crosswater (Sun River) / Lost tracks on the 26th, I think that would be fun.

I'd still like to do Eagle Crest on the 25th since @DPattGolfworks there and I hear he has arraigned a free scorecard for each one of us. If we behave, we might even get a free pencil.

Juniper on the 27th also sounds good to me.  

I'm happy to play Eagle Crest and Juniper.  On the 26th I'm only playing one course, and I'm OK with whatever is decided.  Depending on what courses are picked, I could play either in the am or the pm.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 8:11 AM, fixyurdivot said:

Grabbed this map to help me get my bearings.  Based on the feedback regarding Tetherow and Pronghorn, I'm favoring one of the Sunriver courses, Quail Run, or Lost Tracks in their place.  Also, maybe we do one of the "tough" courses (am) and a less challenging (pm) on the 26th?

How about Quail Run on the 25th.

Sunriver (am) and Lost Tracks (pm) on the 26th.

Juniper (am) on the 27th.

Those of us arriving early enough on Wednesday 6/24 maybe Rivers Edge??

1214.gif

Never seen that website before.  Tokatee only got a 3+? 

I'm in for Rivers Edge Wednesday. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

47 minutes ago, pulledabill said:

Never seen that website before.  Tokatee only got a 3+? 

Seems a little low....

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

8 minutes ago, MmmmmmBuddy said:

Seems a little low....

More tee times for the rest of us.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Hey all. Hope everyone and their families are good. Obviously, we will see what the future brings on this one. Still 3 months away, so I have hope. But, I guess we will just wait and see. 

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Yeah, was thinking about this the other day.  Hopefully, things will return to normal life soon.  If not, golf will be the least of our concerns.  Be safe out there, guys and hope to see you in Bend!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

• 2 weeks later...

What were the dates that were being considered again? Just wanted to give everyone some heads up that Deschutes County has temporarily banned short term rentals (including hotel stays) throughout most of the county through May 15th.

Additional Note. Assuming most courses are operating similarly, most events originally scheduled for late March-May are attempting to reschedule for June-September. So once a rough field size and dates are determined I would highly suggest contacting the course(s) group sales rep ASAP. With all this craziness going on, any minimal influence is about completely gone 

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

15 minutes ago, DPattGolf said:

What were the dates that were being considered again?

6/24-27.  Odds are this isn't going to happen as planned. Perhaps we try for early September?  

I am sure if we don't see drastic changes for the good in the next several weeks, this will not happen.  September is my bowhunting month so I will be out. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Based on estimates for when a viable vaccine will be available... I don't see this happening this year. 

I think the only golf I'll be able to do is via a simulator... Now if I only had a simulator. 

WITB:

Since I have the hotel booked, we might go even if this trip gets canceled.  Since we aren't playing before May 5 and likely not for awhile after that, my wife and I may use that week as a golf vacation.  That is, if Oregon courses are still open then.  I have to get out of this house!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 4 weeks later...

We would be glad to have you for the event if it happens. Still much up in the air, golf in Washington is starting on the 5 th. I've got my tee time already really looking forward to getting back out. 

WITB:

19 hours ago, Thin2win said:

We would be glad to have you for the event if it happens. Still much up in the air, golf in Washington is starting on the 5 th. I've got my tee time already really looking forward to getting back out. 

I'm booked as well for Tue and Wed.  However, my course only allows foursomes if they are all "family".  

I hope the Bend trip is still a go.  Still have my Bend hotel reservations, but I can cancel at the last minute if I have to.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to get back out golfing again, the 7 week hiatus mid spring wasn't great for my game, but if that is the worst thing that comes from this event I'll consider myself lucky. 

Hope you and your families are doing well. I think things have stabilized, in that our current way of living will be around for awhile. 

That said, who all is still in for attempting a June golf event in Bend. I know Kenny is. Sound off, let us know if you are healthy and well and if you see a golf trip in your future. 

WITB:

17 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Glad to get back out golfing again, the 7 week hiatus mid spring wasn't great for my game, but if that is the worst thing that comes from this event I'll consider myself lucky. 

Hope you and your families are doing well. I think things have stabilized, in that our current way of living will be around for awhile. 

That said, who all is still in for attempting a June golf event in Bend. I know Kenny is. Sound off, let us know if you are healthy and well and if you see a golf trip in your future. 

I think the uncertainty is going to be if the hotels are open.  As soon as we know, we should book the courses as soon as we can.  

I'm traveling in a motorhome, so it's do-able for me to make it.  That said, perhaps delaying it for a bit might be a consideration?

I am most likely out.  I will save my vacation time for a time (hopefully) when we are less restricted.  Or I might just head for the desert with  cooler full of beverages by a lake and chill for a week if the person in charge allows it.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

In light of Kate Brown's 7/6 extension, I'm out for the current dates.  Just personally don't want to deal with whatever that entails (my WuFlu meter is pegged 😕). I previously mentioned trying to reschedule this for early fall and would be up for that depending on what the tea leaves are showing later this summer.  Bummer... I was looking forward to the meet-up.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in if this still happens this Summer/Fall. Obv pending state restrictions.

In the meantime, if anyone in W. WA is looking to golf, I am available!

Be safe all!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I finally canceled my hotel reservation in Bend.  I was hoping we would see improvement by now, and I thought I could head over to Corvallis to see my dad.  He's in assisted living and they are locked down; haven't seen him since February.  

I am still willing to meet up somewhere later in the year, even at a moment's notice if I'm available.  I need a trip just to get out of town!!

My hotel actually cancelled on me. I had booked at the Holiday Inn, but it switched to a Days Inn or something so my room was cancelled.But yeah, we will see how the fall looks and hopefully we can meet up then. 

WITB:

How about a Boise meet-up? 

I'm fine with Boise, I think it will mostly just come to where the world is at and peoples comfort level. 

WITB: