Where to golf 2020?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Spokane again for Circling Raven, Coeur d'alene and Qualchan or off to Boise for something new?

• Boise
    • Spokane
    • Bend
    • Lake Chelan

This poll is closed to new votes

Our Sponsors

1 hour ago, pulledabill said:

Bend isn't always wonderful weather wise in April

The same can be said for Boise and Spokane.  I just looked at the dates from last years event; we met 7/12-14.  Just throwing this out there, but I think our odds for really nice weather are June and July.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Howdy @eddiecutand welcome to the forum!  Definitely keep tabs on future PNW meetups. We just concluded the get together this past long weekend.  While we had hoped for a larger turnout, @Kenny B

Okay, Kenny @Kenny B and Bill @fixyurdivothave given pretty solid recaps. So I will keep it quick and say it was a good time, and a really nice break from being trapped at home. Coeur d'Alene was beau

So, I have lived in and played golf in Oregon since 1980. I have been over to Central Oregon more times than I can remember. I would be happy to give my input.   Eagle Crest.  Try to get the

Posted Images

I wish I could add another poll to see which month works for the most. I'm good with either June or July.

I could do July 15—19 or June 3-7. How would those look for you all as options? 

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 19.5° Utility

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i

Wedges:  :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

15 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

I wish I could add another poll to see which month works for the most. I'm good with either June or July.

I could do July 15—19 or June 3-7. How would those look for you all as options? 

I can make either work but prefer 7/15-19.

3 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Okay, I found the golf tourney info and there is possibly a conflict depending on the treks you want to play.  Bend isn't always wonderful weather wise in April .  I had a number of buddies who did this event last year and they said the weather wasn't very good. 

https://www.centraloregonshootout.com/outings-a-events/central-oregon-shootout-2019

2020 Central Oregon Shootout

April 23-26, 2020

The Central Oregon Shootout (COSO) began in 2003 and has grown to be “the” spring event in which to participate in Central Oregon. COSO treats participants to a round robin, 3 course weekend outing.
The courses again this year will be Black Butte Ranch, Eagle Crest, and Aspen Lakes. With a limit of 150 two-person teams and daily formats including Best Ball, Chapman and 2 Person Scramble, COSO maximizes player enjoyment and gives an excellent opportunity to be “in the money” with over $20,000 in payouts. Join us, won’t you? But don’t wait, if the last 16 years is any indication it will reach maximum capacity quickly!

A couple of years ago my wife and I played with two guys that were playing a practice round at Black Butte Ranch for the COSO.  They were a lot of fun.  We left the 1st day of the tourney, but had breakfast at the BBR restaurant on our way out.  It started snowing!!  I've been to Bend/Redmond many times at the end of April, and it's hit and miss for nice weather.  The weather gets better in May, which is why the rates go up May 1.

Put me down for any date... I'm retired!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

A couple of years ago my wife and I played with two guys that were playing a practice round at Black Butte Ranch for the COSO.  They were a lot of fun.  We left the 1st day of the tourney, but had breakfast at the BBR restaurant on our way out.  It started snowing!!  I've been to Bend/Redmond many times at the end of April, and it's hit and miss for nice weather.  The weather gets better in May, which is why the rates go up May 1.

Put me down for any date... I'm retired!!!

I worked in Central Oregon every other week for about 10 years. Ive seen snow in Lapine in July. Im in whenever unless I have another tourny scheduled. Im close enough to head home if the weather bites. 

Edited by pulledabill

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Definitely interested!

• Like 2

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Would love to be in on this.

• Like 2

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero

Wood:Ping G410 

Hybrids:PXG 317X

Irons:Ping i500 4-U Wedge

Wedges:Cleveland RTX3 54 & 58

Putter: Ping Anser 2 Sigma, PXG Bat Attack

Ball:Snell MTB Yellow, Titleist AVX Yellow

Bag: Ping Hoofer

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 1:53 PM, pulledabill said:

Okay, I found the golf tourney info and there is possibly a conflict depending on the treks you want to play.  Bend isn't always wonderful weather wise in April .  I had a number of buddies who did this event last year and they said the weather wasn't very good. 

https://www.centraloregonshootout.com/outings-a-events/central-oregon-shootout-2019

2020 Central Oregon Shootout

April 23-26, 2020

The Central Oregon Shootout (COSO) began in 2003 and has grown to be “the” spring event in which to participate in Central Oregon. COSO treats participants to a round robin, 3 course weekend outing.
The courses again this year will be Black Butte Ranch, Eagle Crest, and Aspen Lakes. With a limit of 150 two-person teams and daily formats including Best Ball, Chapman and 2 Person Scramble, COSO maximizes player enjoyment and gives an excellent opportunity to be “in the money” with over $20,000 in payouts. Join us, won’t you? But don’t wait, if the last 16 years is any indication it will reach maximum capacity quickly!

Glad you mentioned this @pulledabill. So COSO is a really big event. So big that each of the 3 flights gets their own shotgun at 1 of the courses each day. At Eagle Crest we won't be opening up the Ridge Course until around 3pm (possibly later) each day for non tournament play. Not sure when or if Black Butte or Aspen Lakes plans on opening up their courses for play after the event each day. Also there is a decently high percentage of participants that are from out of the area, so lodging availability may be a bit more sparse then normal for Mid Spring in Central Oregon

• Like 1

Driver:  :honma: TR20 (7.5*) - Vizard FP-7X , 1" short & tipped 1", 9 gram weight in the back

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TS3 (14.25*) - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ White 80X, 2 extra grams of head weight

Driving Iron: :titelist-small: U500 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke (X)

Irons (4-6) :titelist-small: T100S - KBS C-Taper X-Stiff

Irons (7-P) :titelist-small: 620 MB - KBS C-Taper X Stiff

Wedges: QAJzq7h.jpg SM7 Jet Black 50.F.12 / 55.S.11 / 60.M.08 - X100

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgBlack ER2 (Finish Courtesy of NorCal Putters) - :P2-grips-logo: Aware Tour

Bag:  :titelist-small: Hybrid 14

Glove:  Under Armour Strikeskin Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1 Yellow #3

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Apparently, I can't do this over July 17th. My wife took issue with me planning a golf trip over our anniversary.... whoops. 

So, cancelling weddings, work trips, and anniversaries out of my schedule. It looks like the best week of the summer is June 24th through June 28th. 

So, chime in if you are game for a trip to Bend, 3 or 4 rounds of golf over a few days that week. Last year was fun, lets add a few more people to this event this year and have a better time. 

Likely courses would be Eagle Crest, since @DPattGolfworks there and we would need to harass him. Pronghorn and Tetherow sound nice. But lots of other options in the area. This isn't limited to MGS members, friends, family and spouses are all welcome. 

So, Chime in, who is in? I'll edit the first post in the thread to add confirmed names. 

WITB:

2 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Apparently, I can't do this over July 17th. My wife took issue with me planning a golf trip over our anniversary.... whoops. 

Sounds like something I would do 🤣.  I can make those dates - this will likely replace my WGHOF trip.  Let me know if you need some help scheduling, but it sounds like @DPattGolfwill be a big help. 

• Like 1

Im off that whole week so Im in at least for a couple days. It depends on what the group decides for courses. Some are a bit too pricey for me to be honest.

I will most likey already be in Eastern Oregon golfing and fishing so it works great for me. 

Edited by pulledabill

5W- Alpha XS

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I haven't checked my travel schedule, but I'm in if the dates work in my favor.

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

7 hours ago, Thin2win said:

So, cancelling weddings, work trips, and anniversaries out of my schedule. It looks like the best week of the summer is June 24th through June 28th. 

So, chime in if you are game for a trip to Bend, 3 or 4 rounds of golf over a few days that week. Last year was fun, lets add a few more people to this event this year and have a better time. 

Likely courses would be Eagle Crest, since @DPattGolfworks there and we would need to harass him. Pronghorn and Tetherow sound nice. But lots of other options in the area. This isn't limited to MGS members, friends, family and spouses are all welcome. 

So, Chime in, who is in? I'll edit the first post in the thread to add confirmed names. 

I'm in with my wife.  We have a condo at Eagle Crest.  I had better check, it fills up fast so I need exact dates soon.

I like the Ridge course at Eagle Crest; the Resort course, not so much.  If you stay in Bend, it's a bit of a drive; Redmond would be a better choice.  Juniper GC in Redmond is nice, so is Aspen Lakes in Sisters.

Not sure I could swing the pricey Pronghorn and Tetherow in peak season.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I'm in with my wife.  We have a condo at Eagle Crest.  I had better check, it fills up fast so I need exact dates soon.

...  ... 

Not sure I could swing the pricey Pronghorn and Tetherow in peak season.

I'll travel there on the 24th. Takes me a full day to get there. Golf on the 25th, 26th and 27th. Leave people Sunday to get home. 

No need to break the bank on this, it sounds like the are lots of budget friendly course options. So if pronghorn and tetherow are too pricey easy to drop them. Maybe do one as a twilight round one day

WITB:

9 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Sounds like something I would do 🤣.  I can make those dates - this will likely replace my WGHOF trip.  Let me know if you need some help scheduling, but it sounds like @DPattGolfwill be a big help. 

I'll take all the help I can get. 😉👍

WITB:

Assuming the dates work for me, we'll stay at the RV Park at the Fairgrounds in Redmond.

6 hours ago, Thin2win said:

I'll travel there on the 24th. Takes me a full day to get there. Golf on the 25th, 26th and 27th. Leave people Sunday to get home. 

No need to break the bank on this, it sounds like the are lots of budget friendly course options. So if pronghorn and tetherow are too pricey easy to drop them. Maybe do one as a twilight round one day

It requires an overnight in route and back for me - probably means I'll have to play a course or two in Boise doggone it 🙂.  I don't mind splurging for one round.

No doubt our Oregon spies have further intel on the options but here's a start at what I'm finding as open to public courses and the green fees that time of year.

Widgi Creek, $95 (9am-12am) | $55 (12pm-3pm), $17 cart.  They rent pull carts so I suppose that answers the "walkable" question.

https://www.widgi.com/

Tetherow Golf Club, $190 | $110 (twilight), includes cart.

https://tetherow.com/golf/

Pronghorn - Nicklaus Course, $150-$200 + caddie fees??  website dosen't show rates during June. (personally, I'm not into caddie/fore caddie courses)

https://pronghornresort.com/activities/golf/

Sunriver Meadows, $125 (open-12am) | $105 (12pm - 2pm) | $85 (2pm - 5pm)

https://www.destinationhotels.com/sunriver-resort/golf/meadows-bend-oregon-golf-course

Quail Run GC, $65 (open-2pm) | $40 (after 2pm), $17 cart

https://golfquailrun.com/

Rivers Edge GC, $63 (open-2pm) | $39 (after 2pm), $17 cart.  They also rent pull carts so it's walkable.

https://riversedgegolfbend.com/

If you know of other options, please add the info.  After we've had a chance to review, we could do a downselect poll to get the top 3 or 4.

• Like 1

Really might want to consider Juniper  in Redmond (just outside of Bend).  It's a challenging course that isn't all that expensive.

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

Really might want to consider Juniper  in Redmond (just outside of Bend).  It's a challenging course that isn't all that expensive.

Did you ever get to play the old Juniper? I playedit a few times and loved it.Just wondering how the two compare. 

5W- Alpha XS

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Juniper  in Redmondis running around $85 at peak. New GM so not sure if rates wil go up.

Meadow Lake is 25 east of Redmond in Prinevile and is supposed to be a fun and challenging course if the wind is blowing. Hig looks to be around $50

Crooked River is fun with kind of an epic canyon hole. Its 20 minutes north of Redmond. High rate is around $50.

Aspen is in Sisters and is in the $50-75 range. 25 minutes west of Redmond. Supposed to be a fun track.

Black Butte has 2 courses 15 minutes west of Sisters. Seems to be a hig of $85. Beautiful wooded resort setting. 

Crosswater is out in Sunriver as is rated as a must play.All of the courses are good out in Sunriver which is 20 sourh of Bend. Not sure of rates but I would guess in the $85 to $150 range? 

A real gem is Tokatee which is a mountain course and just short of 1.5 hours west of Redmond. Runs about $55. If anybody wants to meet going to or from this event, I could join them. 

Bend GC and Awbrey are both private.

Old Back 9 used ro be a full 18 called Mountain High. Played it a ton years ago, but not this 9. Basicaly the developer wanted more houses. homeowners conplained, so  they had to keep, make, or redo 9 holes.

Rivers Edge is at the north end of Bend with bar and lodging. Good location. Played it and like it but again its been years.

Widgi used to be Inn at 7th Mtn. Resort course up towards Mt Bachelor. Decent course

Eagle Crest Ive played the resort course and it had a few holes I really  enjoyed. Never played Ridge.

5W- Alpha XS

Ball-ProV1 and AVX