Jump to content
Thin2win

2020 PacNW MGS Championships

Where to golf 2020?  

7 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Spokane again for Circling Raven, Coeur d'alene and Qualchan or off to Boise for something new?

    • Boise
      3
    • Spokane
      0
    • Bend
      3
    • Lake Chelan
      1


Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

Yeah, was thinking about this the other day.  Hopefully, things will return to normal life soon.  If not, golf will be the least of our concerns.  Be safe out there, guys and hope to see you in Bend!

  • Like 2

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What were the dates that were being considered again? Just wanted to give everyone some heads up that Deschutes County has temporarily banned short term rentals (including hotel stays) throughout most of the county through May 15th.

Additional Note. Assuming most courses are operating similarly, most events originally scheduled for late March-May are attempting to reschedule for June-September. So once a rough field size and dates are determined I would highly suggest contacting the course(s) group sales rep ASAP. With all this craziness going on, any minimal influence is about completely gone 


Driver:  :honma: TR20 (7.5*) - Vizard FP-7X , 1" short & tipped 1", 9 gram weight in the back

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TS3 (14.25*) - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ White 80X, 2 extra grams of head weight

Driving Iron: :titelist-small: U500 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke (X)

Irons (4-6) :titelist-small: T100S - KBS C-Taper X-Stiff

Irons (7-P) :titelist-small: 620 MB - KBS C-Taper X Stiff

Wedges: QAJzq7h.jpg SM7 Jet Black 50.F.12 / 55.S.11 / 60.M.08 - X100

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgBlack ER2 (Finish Courtesy of NorCal Putters) - :P2-grips-logo: Aware Tour

Bag:  :titelist-small: Hybrid 14

Glove:  Under Armour Strikeskin Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1 Yellow #3

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Instagram: @dpattgolf

CURRENTLY TESTING THE HONMA TR20 DRIVER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DPattGolf said:

What were the dates that were being considered again?

6/24-27.  Odds are this isn't going to happen as planned. Perhaps we try for early September?  


:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure if we don't see drastic changes for the good in the next several weeks, this will not happen.  September is my bowhunting month so I will be out. 


DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on estimates for when a viable vaccine will be available... I don't see this happening this year. 

I think the only golf I'll be able to do is via a simulator... Now if I only had a simulator. 


WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Hybrids:    :cobra-small: F7 22°

Irons:    :ping-small:  i500°

             :Sub70:  639CB 30°, 36°, 42°

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2 50°

                :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Bag:  image.png.c4a28378d422ec23cd8af0ec2e63b3d5.pngStitch SL1

Ball: :bridgestone-small: BXS

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Testing:

image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged Irons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I have the hotel booked, we might go even if this trip gets canceled.  Since we aren't playing before May 5 and likely not for awhile after that, my wife and I may use that week as a golf vacation.  That is, if Oregon courses are still open then.  I have to get out of this house!!

  • Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New here Guys. What a great idea. I'd be in if there's the ability to do so.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We would be glad to have you for the event if it happens. Still much up in the air, golf in Washington is starting on the 5 th. I've got my tee time already really looking forward to getting back out. 

  • Like 2

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Hybrids:    :cobra-small: F7 22°

Irons:    :ping-small:  i500°

             :Sub70:  639CB 30°, 36°, 42°

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2 50°

                :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Bag:  image.png.c4a28378d422ec23cd8af0ec2e63b3d5.pngStitch SL1

Ball: :bridgestone-small: BXS

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Testing:

image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged Irons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news on the opening! My daughter and son in law can't wait. They're in Eburg. I'd be in if it all works out.

B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Thin2win said:

We would be glad to have you for the event if it happens. Still much up in the air, golf in Washington is starting on the 5 th. I've got my tee time already really looking forward to getting back out. 

I'm booked as well for Tue and Wed.  However, my course only allows foursomes if they are all "family".  

I hope the Bend trip is still a go.  Still have my Bend hotel reservations, but I can cancel at the last minute if I have to.


We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to get back out golfing again, the 7 week hiatus mid spring wasn't great for my game, but if that is the worst thing that comes from this event I'll consider myself lucky. 

 

Hope you and your families are doing well. I think things have stabilized, in that our current way of living will be around for awhile. 

 

That said, who all is still in for attempting a June golf event in Bend. I know Kenny is. Sound off, let us know if you are healthy and well and if you see a golf trip in your future. 


WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Hybrids:    :cobra-small: F7 22°

Irons:    :ping-small:  i500°

             :Sub70:  639CB 30°, 36°, 42°

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2 50°

                :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Bag:  image.png.c4a28378d422ec23cd8af0ec2e63b3d5.pngStitch SL1

Ball: :bridgestone-small: BXS

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Testing:

image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged Irons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Glad to get back out golfing again, the 7 week hiatus mid spring wasn't great for my game, but if that is the worst thing that comes from this event I'll consider myself lucky. 

 

Hope you and your families are doing well. I think things have stabilized, in that our current way of living will be around for awhile. 

 

That said, who all is still in for attempting a June golf event in Bend. I know Kenny is. Sound off, let us know if you are healthy and well and if you see a golf trip in your future. 

I think the uncertainty is going to be if the hotels are open.  As soon as we know, we should book the courses as soon as we can.  


We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm traveling in a motorhome, so it's do-able for me to make it.  That said, perhaps delaying it for a bit might be a consideration?


Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am most likely out.  I will save my vacation time for a time (hopefully) when we are less restricted.  Or I might just head for the desert with  cooler full of beverages by a lake and chill for a week if the person in charge allows it.

  • Like 1

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In light of Kate Brown's 7/6 extension, I'm out for the current dates.  Just personally don't want to deal with whatever that entails (my WuFlu meter is pegged 😕). I previously mentioned trying to reschedule this for early fall and would be up for that depending on what the tea leaves are showing later this summer.  Bummer... I was looking forward to the meet-up.


:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in if this still happens this Summer/Fall. Obv pending state restrictions.

In the meantime, if anyone in W. WA is looking to golf, I am available!

Be safe all!


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 1

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I finally canceled my hotel reservation in Bend.  I was hoping we would see improvement by now, and I thought I could head over to Corvallis to see my dad.  He's in assisted living and they are locked down; haven't seen him since February.  

I am still willing to meet up somewhere later in the year, even at a moment's notice if I'm available.  I need a trip just to get out of town!!

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My hotel actually cancelled on me. I had booked at the Holiday Inn, but it switched to a Days Inn or something so my room was cancelled.But yeah, we will see how the fall looks and hopefully we can meet up then. 

  • Like 1

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Hybrids:    :cobra-small: F7 22°

Irons:    :ping-small:  i500°

             :Sub70:  639CB 30°, 36°, 42°

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2 50°

                :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Bag:  image.png.c4a28378d422ec23cd8af0ec2e63b3d5.pngStitch SL1

Ball: :bridgestone-small: BXS

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Testing:

image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged Irons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about a Boise meet-up? 

  • Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fine with Boise, I think it will mostly just come to where the world is at and peoples comfort level. 

  • Like 1

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Hybrids:    :cobra-small: F7 22°

Irons:    :ping-small:  i500°

             :Sub70:  639CB 30°, 36°, 42°

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2 50°

                :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Bag:  image.png.c4a28378d422ec23cd8af0ec2e63b3d5.pngStitch SL1

Ball: :bridgestone-small: BXS

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Testing:

image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged Irons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...