hckymeyer

New Handicap System is live, how did yours change?

Our Sponsors

5 hours ago, MattF said:

According to The Grint, mine didn't change.

Grint doesnt change until the 15th or at least when you open the app thats what it shows. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Same for me as I went from 0.1 to +0.2

It was that missed birdie putt on 16, wasn't it.  🤣

47 minutes ago, patrickleeleep said:

Grint doesnt change until the 15th or at least when you open the app thats what it shows. 

In theory, if the Grint is going to follow the USGA rules, they'll have to update the Handicap Index after each round is posted.  

• Like 1

At least this coming year that guy will have his handicap index reduced by 2 full strokes as soon as he enters that score.

IF that score was posted. I am still waiting for it to get posted.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

IF that score was posted. I am still waiting for it to get posted.....

Hell, if he played that well with me, I'd make sure posted it before he got out of my sight.  And I'd make sure he signed the card before posting his victory to the committee, and save a copy of the card.  Even if he didn't play well, I'd be encouraging him to post before leaving the course.

• Like 1

Hell, if he played that well with me, I'd make sure posted it before he got out of my sight.  And I'd make sure he signed the card before posting his victory to the committee, and save a copy of the card.  Even if he didn't play well, I'd be encouraging him to post before leaving the course.

He spends a lot in the Proshop so you can guess the outcome. The round that I played this year hurt and shot 87 was posted by the shop before my first beer in the grille room.

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

In theory, if the Grint is going to follow the USGA rules, they'll have to update the Handicap Index after each round is posted.  

I meant the Grint isnt integrating until the 15th. Thats what their app says. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Keep in mind that the Index is based on average of the best 8 of the last 20. So as you enter scores better than 24 over, the Index will start coming down. Just curious is your local Handicap District Association closed over the winter in Columbus? We're part of the Toledo District and are closed over the winter even though there are days we can play here. So unfortunately I can't enter scores. 

No idea if its closed or not. I signed up thru golftec where I do my lessons and I rarely if ever play in the winter time

I went up, from 16.6 to 17.6......huh?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

18 hours ago, patrickleeleep said:

Thanks mate! I log in on a PC and it doesn't show that, but I just went in via the app and it's the first thing I saw.

• Like 1

7.8 down to 7.4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

I went down .1 literally overnight to 13.4

The .96 multiplier was removed by GHIN.

The 0.96 multiplier was removed by the World Handicap System, which would tend to increase Handicap Index.  At the same time, we now use the best 8 scores of the last 20, instead of the best 10, which tends to lower the index.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mr_Theoo said:

No idea if its closed or not. I signed up thru golftec where I do my lessons and I rarely if ever play in the winter time

Pretty simple test is to go into the app and try to enter a score - this notice will come up. 

Image-1 (11).jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Pretty simple test is to go into the app and try to enter a score - this notice will come up. 

Or you can check the Association website, or the USGA website here:

https://www.usga.org/handicapping-articles/handicap-active-and-inactive-season-schedule-25489.html

This shows that all of Ohio is in the inactive season. If you go south to someplace where posting IS active, you should post those scores.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Or you can check the Association website, or the USGA website here:

https://www.usga.org/handicapping-articles/handicap-active-and-inactive-season-schedule-25489.html

This shows that all of Ohio is in the inactive season. If you go south to someplace where posting IS active, you should post those scores.

Even easier - thanks for the link.

• Like 1

I went from a 13.6 to a 14. It's a non-posting time here in Michigan so that is just an updated calculation to my 2019 season, I'm guessing.

1 hour ago, palvord said:

I went from a 13.6 to a 14. It's a non-posting time here in Michigan so that is just an updated calculation to my 2019 season, I'm guessing.

That's correct, your entire scoring history was retained within GHIN, and was used to calculate your new HI, with a slightly different formula.  The old system averaged the best 10 differentials (out of your most recent 20), and multiplied the result by 0.96.  The new WHS averages the best 8 differentials of your last 20, with no "multiplier".  

• Like 1

CPG has some good tips for the new system, very useful advice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

That's correct, your entire scoring history was retained within GHIN, and was used to calculate your new HI, with a slightly different formula.  The old system averaged the best 10 differentials (out of your most recent 20), and multiplied the result by 0.96.  The new WHS averages the best 8 differentials of your last 20, with no "multiplier".  

Makes complete sense to me.

I'm interested to see how my handicap fluctuates throughout the season based on my play. I appreciate that they are working to try and improve the system so it is the same everywhere in the world. I know it will have its bumps and bruises along the way, but believe it is going to overall good for the game.