TESTERS WANTED! ×

Full Swing Simulators

Does anyone here have working knowledge of how the ball/swing speed is measured on Full Swing Simulators? or if White club heads (or partially white) can trick the system at all?

I'm asking because we have one at my office gym and while I'm not hitting my own clubs I am hitting similar clubs AP2 714 (for me) vs AP2 718 at work:

1.  The 8 irons distance and speed feels very reasonable to be that I am seeing, also PW feels right.

2. They have an old Taylormade M2 3 wood (stock re-ax stiff shaft) which I am hitting very well and swinging fast.  I have been working on swing speed and have been seeing progress there but I've hit a lot of shots in the 110-112 MPH range (even a 116.5 MPH).

3. They have a Titleist 917 D2 with the stock Rouge MAX stiff that I don't think I've hit faster than 107 with.

Part of me feels like I am really swinging the 3 wood better, but I'm doubting that swing speed a bit.

The only other thing I see is that with the Ball Speed on those swings my efficiency is in the 1.37-1.39 range which doesn't seem way off.  I also see about the same smash factor with the driver.  I believe that the infrared grids track ball speed very accurately, but I don't know if swing speed is measured or calculated.

Anything I'm missing? or should I be shopping for an old m2 right now!? 😂

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

the M2 and M4 are great clubs. I picked up the fairway woods myself recently.

More importantly, your COMPANY has a simulator..??? Are they hiring??? haha

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

the M2 and M4 are great clubs. I picked up the fairway woods myself recently.
More importantly, your COMPANY has a simulator..??? Are they hiring??? haha

Hahaha yes, they do. Well I should say our building does. It’s in the gym shared by all the tenants. But yes, full swing golf simulator with the E6 software so I go down and play a quick round or get some range time in a lot.

It’s one of the reasons I’m not more seriously looking for a new job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Having used the SkyTrak a bunch lately it only measures what the ball does and calculates everything else.  So it is measuring ball speed, spin, launch angle, side spin and direction.  I found it to be very accurate for all those measurements but way off for the calculated club head speed and smash factor in most cases.  On the flip side the distances seem to be accurate with what I see on the course so who knows.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Is it a TruGolf system with the three IR light gates in the floor? If so, I would be tempted to believe the club head speed. It will be a calculation, albeit a simple one, as the lights are presumably a known distance apart so all the system has to do is measure the time between light gates and calculate speed. I suppose it's possible that lights are not the correct distance apart, in which case any errors are going to be amplified at higher speeds.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Is it a TruGolf system with the three IR light gates in the floor? If so, I would be tempted to believe the club head speed. It will be a calculation, albeit a simple one, as the lights are presumably a known distance apart so all the system has to do is measure the time between light gates and calculate speed. I suppose it's possible that lights are not the correct distance apart, in which case any errors are going to be amplified at higher speeds.

It’s one of these:

https://www.fullswinggolf.com

One of the Pro series with camera and Infrared tracking.

1 minute ago, B.Boston said:

It’s one of these:

https://www.fullswinggolf.com

One of the Pro series with camera and Infrared tracking.

Gotcha. I didn't realize the thread title was the actual brand....

Since it's using an overhead camera with a known frame rate the time between images is straightforward. I have no idea how they are measuring the distance the head moves between frames so there has to be some sort of calibration related to the field of view of the camera. At any rate, I would think it should be pretty accurate, but keep in mind that any errors in the setup or calibration will be amplified at higher speeds.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges