TESTERS WANTED! ×

"CHEATER!!!"

Mr. 82

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/cheater-patrick-reed-heckled-fan-during-tournament-champions-playoff

As Reed’s 8-foot birdie try on the third playoff hole ran past the cup, a person from the crowd could be heard shouting, “Cheater!” The scream did not happen during Reed's stroke, but Reed appeared to immediately glare at the person and muttered something that was not picked up by television microphones.

So what's your take on this?  Are people justified in heckling this guy unmercifully for the forseeable future, or have "fans" gone over the line?

They are also discussing whether it's too late for Reed to apologize, which I'm not even sure Reed knows what that word means.  I mean, we're talking about a guy who disowned his own family.

Not that my opinion matters, but I think that what goes around comes around in life.  Reed has a very checkered past, including playing for two colleges where as Kevin Kisner puts it, “I don’t know that they’d piss on him if he was on fire, to tell you the truth."

Again, it's just my thoughts, but maybe if Reed actually owned his mistakes, and grew an ounce of humility, then maybe people would back off.   But I kinda have to agree with Notah Begay in saying that the heckling and abuse or whatever you want to call it isn't going away, and that Reed has made his bed, and now he will have to sleep in it.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I don’t get people’s need to heckle anyone regardless of sport or action. How bad is ones self esteem they have to rag on someone to feel good about themselves or act like they got the better of the person. Also don’t get why anyone cares. Whose life is affected by either Reeds actions intentional or not or if the guy was right or wrong to heckle him?

i get it that it’s a good forum and the season is still not really under way but that event is in the past and life goes on. Wish society to get back to just booing bad plays, cheering good ones and if you don’t like something avoid it. 

need more positivity than negativity in the world

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I don't like the culture at sporting events these days.  Everyone seems to feel entitled to do things that could land them a brief stay in the county jail if done under different circumstances.  It's getting out of hand and will eventually boil over into something absurd. 

Considering Kapalua is probably the tamest crowd all year with the noted exception of Augusta, I think the heckling will only get worse as the season progresses.  Especially when you factor in the media attention this is getting. 

Can you imagine what the New York crowd at Winged Foot is going to be like?

I said it in the other thread for the tournament, but my preference is that heckling would have no place in any sport. Unfortunately, the world doesn’t bow to my whims and if heckling is going to exist then I see no problem with what occurred. He yelled after the putt so it didn’t impact the stroke and as long as people are respectful enough not to make noise mid-swing then let it happen or start booting people from tournaments. Pretty cut and dry to me. 

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

There is definitely a line to heckling.  In golf that line is probably much closer than any of the other major sports.  I'm with TR1PTIK though, if it's not mid swing and interfering with the shot then have at it.  I'm also not a fan of heckling based on things a player can't control.  Don't rag on someone for the way they look, swing, talk etc...  But ragging on someone for cheating is free reign in my opinion.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.  It's gonna take a long time before everyone moves on from this one.  I really hope he plays in the Waste Management because that crowd will let him have it.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

16 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

I really hope he plays in the Waste Management because that crowd will let him have it.

As a flip side to that argument, it's also the easiest place for him to do some image rehab. The golf bro/golf twitter guy is the quintessential person who sits in the crowd at 16. Could you imagine if he and his caddy showed up with Patrick Reed branded pails and shovels and gave them to the crowd? Everyone would be like, "he's in on the joke" and it could all go away. 

I thought the cheater yell was out of line personally and was done just to "get over" as a fan, much in the same way that kinda stuff happens with pro wrestling crowds. It's dumb and doesn't make you look cool, guy. Also, if you're going to do it, man up and do it as he's finishing his round in the first place, not on the third play-off hole.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

As aware of cameras that these guys are (and especially PReed, LOL) it’s hard for me to believe that any player would intentionally make the mistake he made at Tiger’s event. I’m willing to take his explanation as is. There’s some history with Reed to be sure, but I wasn’t present at those instances, so it’s all hearsay to me.
As to the moron who felt it necessary to yell from the grandstand: 1) At least he waited a split second until the ball was off the putter. 2) If he’s SO bold, say it to the player’s face instead of from the anonymity of the crowd. and 3) That person should never be allowed back into the Sentry (or any other PGA Tour event) ever again. #NoClass

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

46 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

There is definitely a line to heckling.  In golf that line is probably much closer than any of the other major sports.  I'm with TR1PTIK though, if it's not mid swing and interfering with the shot then have at it.  I'm also not a fan of heckling based on things a player can't control.  Don't rag on someone for the way they look, swing, talk etc...  But ragging on someone for cheating is free reign in my opinion.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.  It's gonna take a long time before everyone moves on from this one.  I really hope he plays in the Waste Management because that crowd will let him have it.

The problem is people think he should have been punished more than what the rules say his penalty was. Everyone want to be judge, jury and executioner.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

From PGA Tour Commissioner Jay Monahan...

“Golf is a game of honor and integrity, and you've heard from Patrick,” Monahan said. “I've had an opportunity to talk to Patrick at length, and I believe Patrick when he says that [he] did not intentionally improve [his] lie. And so you go back to that moment, and the conversation that he had with [rules official] Slugger [White], and the fact that a violation was applied and he agreed to it, and they signed his card and he moved on.

"To me, that was the end of the matter.”

And this should be the end of the matter, but it won't be as long as the media keeps it alive.  Quit talking about it, and it will die.  However, some in the sports industries love the villain.

I heard that Reed will not be at the Waste Management Phoenix Open, opting instead to go to the Abu Dhabi HSBC with Koepka, Cantley and DeChambeau.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

From PGA Tour Commissioner Jay Monahan...

“Golf is a game of honor and integrity, and you've heard from Patrick,” Monahan said. “I've had an opportunity to talk to Patrick at length, and I believe Patrick when he says that [he] did not intentionally improve [his] lie. And so you go back to that moment, and the conversation that he had with [rules official] Slugger [White], and the fact that a violation was applied and he agreed to it, and they signed his card and he moved on.

"To me, that was the end of the matter.”

And this should be the end of the matter, but it won't be as long as the media keeps it alive.  Quit talking about it, and it will die.  However, some in the sports industries love the villain.

I heard that Reed will not be at the Waste Management Phoenix Open, opting instead to go to the Abu Dhabi HSBC with Koepka, Cantley and DeChambeau.

Good stuff Kenny!  I think the Waste Management event is the worst event on the PGA Tour... any tour for that matter.  It has become the antithesis of what the game and the standard by which spectators should conduct themselves - at least from my perspective.  It is no real surprise to me which players are opting not to participate.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

53 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Good stuff Kenny!  I think the Waste Management event is the worst event on the PGA Tour... any tour for that matter.  It has become the antithesis of what the game and the standard by which spectators should conduct themselves - at least from my perspective.  It is no real surprise to me which players are opting not to participate.  

I like it because I can get free Marshal passes, and I played the final 4 holes in -1 once!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I like it because I can get free Marshal passes, and I played the final 4 holes in -1 once!!!

Marshalling and Waste Management seem mutually exclusive.  A "quiet please" paddle akin to bringing a knife to a gunfight 🙂.

Tolerated behavior becomes the standard.

If the Tour will continue to allow clowns to yell and scream, there is no limit to what we’ll hear.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I don’t get people’s need to heckle anyone regardless of sport or action. How bad is ones self esteem they have to rag on someone to feel good about themselves or act like they got the better of the person. Also don’t get why anyone cares. Whose life is affected by either Reeds actions intentional or not or if the guy was right or wrong to heckle him?
i get it that it’s a good forum and the season is still not really under way but that event is in the past and life goes on. Wish society to get back to just booing bad plays, cheering good ones and if you don’t like something avoid it. 

need more positivity than negativity in the world

Have to agree with you on this. I went to a Sports events today cheer my Team, not bash the opposition.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I’m with @GSwag here. Like most of you have said, nobody BUT Reed would get this reception after what happened at the Hero. And why is that? Well, because he has a reputation. If it happened to someone with a clean past, we could chalk it up to a honest mistake and move on. But since Reed is a notorious cheater, he deserves to have the moniker follow him around for a while.

I also don’t mind him being called out for being a cheater. If you cheat, you need to be prepared for the consequences. I think people should be allowed to voice their opinion on someone whether or not those opinions are positive. 

The only thing I have a problem with is that we continue to drag Reed’s family matters into this. It should in no way affect our opinions of him as a golfer. While I agree the optics of his family aren’t great, I know firsthand how much things can get twisted. I personally don’t have a relationship with my father, and if y’all were to only hear from him, you’d receive a completely inaccurate portrait of him and me. He was an abuser, emotionally and otherwise, but if you heard from him, he’d portray himself as a saint, and wonderful father. This isn’t/wasn’t the case, but you wouldn’t know that just hearing from him. So please, stop bringing personal matters into a public setting. Nothing good comes of it, and we will likely never have the full story. 

Edited by GB13

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

8 hours ago, Rickp said:

Have to agree with you on this. I went to a Sports events today cheer my Team, not bash the opposition.

you should come to a football match here in the UK, the organised hatred and disgusting vile abuse thrown at the opposition would make a Navy Seal blush! I took my young son to a local game a few years back, his face was in shock with what he heard.........at one point the police had to tell the guys in front of us to calm it or get removed. We left at half time!

Remember Colin Montgomery used to get very badly heckled particularly in the States, all of it personal. Takes a certain type not to take it personally or not affect his game. We all want to be liked, even on here, but it only takes 1 or 2 individuals with an uncalled for throw away comment to start down a slippery slope. Usually these people are craving for attention and are narcissistic. I spent decades in psychology and these are 99.9 times out of 100 the reason.

I have noticed golf crowds over here are fighting back -not literally- but will say something to anyone acting out of line in the crowd, if they challenge back then more get involved.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

The heckling may get worse with golf betting. As to Reed,.relative to the family comments, that has nothing to do with golf, but journalists today with latch on any negative story to get peoples attention.  Remember ladies and gentlemen there are always 2 sides to a story. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

8 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

The heckling may get worse with golf betting. As to Reed,.relative to the family comments, that has nothing to do with golf, but journalists today with latch on any negative story to get peoples attention.  Remember ladies and gentlemen there are always 2 sides to a story. 

My aunt lived next door to the Reed's in Augusta for about 7 years while PR was in college and for a few years after.  All I will say is, the general public certainly only has one side of the story.

Sean O'Hair was willing to tell his side of the story and gained some sympathetic press in the process.  Reed has never been willing to air his dirty laundry in public so, the media (especially the Shipnuck piece) hammers the only side they have available.  In my opinion, it's irresponsible journalism but that's just me.  Either way, PR needs to deal with his issues with the help of professionals or he will continue to be his own worst enemy.

Totally agree with the two sides to every story. I personally am a fan of Reed. I don’t like what they hollered towards him. We should all just appreciate that we’re in an age of some spectacular golf.

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Every good show has a villain. Reed is falling nicely into the spot and seems to be running with it. He seems (I say seems because I do not know the guy) to have a complete crap attitude but the guy is as mentally strong as anyone ever out there.  He has the game to not need to cheat, but still does. Maybe it is just that he wants to win so badly he loses his mind. If your not cheating your not trying kinda thing. 

He seems to make a lot of bad PR moves, and it appears he is even not liked on tour so there may be a bit of fire to the smoke. He does make things more interesting when he is near the top. You can feel the dislike for him through the TV. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

1 hour ago, josmi15 said:

We should all just appreciate that we’re in an age of some spectacular golf.

And spectacular golf was what Patrick provided us spectators.  Brendan Chamblee stated something to the effect that Reeds final round performance at The Sentry was among the best he'd ever seen from a scrambling, grind it out perspective.  I don't recall what his one putt numbers were - only that he was double digits ahead of the field.  I really admire his ability to scramble... round situations I can relate too 🙂.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

And Reed has his lawyer send a cease and desist order to Chamblee - not a wise PR move at all.

The best way to end the heckling is to join in and have fun with it or else ignore it. The more you try and stop it the worse it will get.

I’ve stated this on numerous occasions - Unless you know the person, you don’t. I don’t root for players because I think they are great guys. If I did Mickey Mantle and Lawrence Taylor would not be two of my favorites.

As for heckling I’m one who has no issue with it so long as it doesn’t interfere with a players swing. It’s always existed in other sports. If you want golf to be more popular you can’t have it both ways.

Personally I no longer engage in it (and never had in golf.). I could talk some smack as a catcher though - it was always good natured and never personal. But Ive been the object of personal attacks on the field and in life - you deal with it and move on,

Reed just made my naughty list for the law suit - poor move IMO. He and Justin Thomas should be a permanent pairing. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I will reserve judgement on this latest fiasco for the time being.  We don't know who gave the order to distribute such a letter.  It's very possible, Reed's wife or in-laws did something without his knowledge.  It's also possible Reed's lawyer is seeking his own 15 minutes of fame and "leaked" the information to the media.

Granted, Reed's attorney is his employee.  Therefore, Reed is ultimately responsible for the actions of those around him, including the lawyer, his wife and in-laws.  Mitigating circumstances always change perception.  I'm sure more will come out given Reed seems to be in the 24-hour golf news cycle in perpetuity.

A very good read on Reed---at least IMO.  A lot more in depth than some pieces that have been written.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/patrick-reed-needs-to-rethink-his-approach-because-the-bad-days-arent-going-away

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

18 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I will reserve judgement on this latest fiasco for the time being.  We don't know who gave the order to distribute such a letter.  It's very possible, Reed's wife or in-laws did something without his knowledge.  It's also possible Reed's lawyer is seeking his own 15 minutes of fame and "leaked" the information to the media.

Granted, Reed's attorney is his employee.  Therefore, Reed is ultimately responsible for the actions of those around him, including the lawyer, his wife and in-laws.  Mitigating circumstances always change perception.  I'm sure more will come out given Reed seems to be in the 24-hour golf news cycle in perpetuity.

As an addendum to my post above with the Feinstein article.  It was written before the letter from the attorney obviously.  But he--Feinstein--said this morning, it was a huge mistake on Reeds and the attorneys part.   

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12