Mr. 82

"CHEATER!!!"

Our Sponsors

1 hour ago, josmi15 said:

We should all just appreciate that we’re in an age of some spectacular golf.

And spectacular golf was what Patrick provided us spectators.  Brendan Chamblee stated something to the effect that Reeds final round performance at The Sentry was among the best he'd ever seen from a scrambling, grind it out perspective.  I don't recall what his one putt numbers were - only that he was double digits ahead of the field.  I really admire his ability to scramble... round situations I can relate too 🙂.

• Like 4

And Reed has his lawyer send a cease and desist order to Chamblee - not a wise PR move at all.

The best way to end the heckling is to join in and have fun with it or else ignore it. The more you try and stop it the worse it will get.

I’ve stated this on numerous occasions - Unless you know the person, you don’t. I don’t root for players because I think they are great guys. If I did Mickey Mantle and Lawrence Taylor would not be two of my favorites.

As for heckling I’m one who has no issue with it so long as it doesn’t interfere with a players swing. It’s always existed in other sports. If you want golf to be more popular you can’t have it both ways.

Personally I no longer engage in it (and never had in golf.). I could talk some smack as a catcher though - it was always good natured and never personal. But Ive been the object of personal attacks on the field and in life - you deal with it and move on,

Reed just made my naughty list for the law suit - poor move IMO. He and Justin Thomas should be a permanent pairing. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I will reserve judgement on this latest fiasco for the time being.  We don't know who gave the order to distribute such a letter.  It's very possible, Reed's wife or in-laws did something without his knowledge.  It's also possible Reed's lawyer is seeking his own 15 minutes of fame and "leaked" the information to the media.

Granted, Reed's attorney is his employee.  Therefore, Reed is ultimately responsible for the actions of those around him, including the lawyer, his wife and in-laws.  Mitigating circumstances always change perception.  I'm sure more will come out given Reed seems to be in the 24-hour golf news cycle in perpetuity.

A very good read on Reed---at least IMO.  A lot more in depth than some pieces that have been written.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/patrick-reed-needs-to-rethink-his-approach-because-the-bad-days-arent-going-away

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I will reserve judgement on this latest fiasco for the time being.  We don't know who gave the order to distribute such a letter.  It's very possible, Reed's wife or in-laws did something without his knowledge.  It's also possible Reed's lawyer is seeking his own 15 minutes of fame and "leaked" the information to the media.

Granted, Reed's attorney is his employee.  Therefore, Reed is ultimately responsible for the actions of those around him, including the lawyer, his wife and in-laws.  Mitigating circumstances always change perception.  I'm sure more will come out given Reed seems to be in the 24-hour golf news cycle in perpetuity.

As an addendum to my post above with the Feinstein article.  It was written before the letter from the attorney obviously.  But he--Feinstein--said this morning, it was a huge mistake on Reeds and the attorneys part.   

• Like 1