Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

2020 Official Member Review: SKYCADDIE SX400 GPS

GolfSpy MPR

On 2/29/2020 at 1:23 PM, SteddyGolf said:

Played today in the worse conditions yet. The temps were in the low 40s but the wind was howling. The SkyCaddie proved once again to be a capable partner. I velcroed it to my cart which means a quick glance down was all I needed to confirm distance and club selection. My biggest gripe is really more self inflected than a design flaw. When I’m not deliberate when returning the S.C. to its perch or if I’m lazy and slip it in my pocket the extreme sensitivity of the screen tends to result in a little jumping around from my inadvertent bumping.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

If you click on the power button (right side of the unit, bottom button), it will lock the screen.  This way if you put the SX400 in your pocket it will keep the screen secure. 

I'll try to get my review up by next week.  Have to travel out of town later this week and will play in a tournament with my Son on Saturday if weather allows.  Wish me luck on breaking 100.

:ping-small:  G400 Driver, Alta CB 55 S, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 3W, Alta CB S Flex 65, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 19*, Alta CB S Flex 70, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 4-U Irons, Alta CB S Flex, Winn Dri-Tac

:callaway-small: Smart Sole SW,

:odyssey-small: White Steel 2 Ball SRT Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab Grip

So with several reviews up now, I’m curious to know if anyone has questions not previously addressed or would like to see very specific product comparisons. ???

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Hey Guys!!  Great job on the reviews. 

And Skycaddie has put a post on it's Facebook site promoting the MGS reviews with a link to this thead!   That's fantastic!  

Thanks as always for the committed work and honest and thorough feedback that MGS reviews are known for!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

And Skycaddie has put a post on it's Facebook site promoting the MGS reviews with a link to this thead!   That's fantastic!  

Thanks as always for the committed work and honest and thorough feedback that MGS reviews are known for!

Just liked their FB page and took a look at their post. Pretty neat!

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Awesome. I just wish I was not going through a full week and a half of snow every day!!!

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

Just caught up on the reviews.  As a former SkyCaddie SG-5 user, I have always liked their service and the hardware.  I'm now really intrigued if I should upgrade the mothballed SG-5 to SX400.  I noticed everyone had said how solid the feel of the SX400 is.  Does anyone know if it has any form of water protection ?  I've been caught in a few rainstorms and the SG-5 handled it with no issues.  Also, are the batteries replaceable ?

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

45 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Just caught up on the reviews.  As a former SkyCaddie SG-5 user, I have always liked their service and the hardware.  I'm now really intrigued if I should upgrade the mothballed SG-5 to SX400.  I noticed everyone had said how solid the feel of the SX400 is.  Does anyone know if it has any form of water protection ?  I've been caught in a few rainstorms and the SG-5 handled it with no issues.  Also, are the batteries replaceable ?

MDGolfHacker

I seem to recall that it has some rain protection and, looking at it, it seals all the ports and appears to be moderately capable of dealing with light moisture.  I doubt highly that it's waterproof, however.

The batteries do not appear to be user replaceable.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

3 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

MDGolfHacker

2 hours ago, CarlH said:

I seem to recall that it has some rain protection and, looking at it, it seals all the ports and appears to be moderately capable of dealing with light moisture.  I doubt highly that it's waterproof, however.

The batteries do not appear to be user replaceable.

I have the SX500 and unless I'm missing something it's manually rechargeable, not replaceable batteries.    I don't think it's waterproof, but I would generally always have mine ina cart or in my golf bag. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

12 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I have the SX500 and unless I'm missing something it's manually rechargeable, not replaceable batteries.    I don't think it's waterproof, but I would generally always have mine ina cart or in my golf bag. 

Ah cool thanks.  Just thinking as long as the unit was water resistant, that should suffice.  As for the battery, I was more thinking in the long run how easy would the proprietary battery be to replace.  

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Yeah, pretty sure that when the battery can no longer be charged, like a cell phone, the end user cannot replace the battery.  Perhaps factory replaceable or just get a new one with newer technology.  Hopefully, the rechargeable battery is good for many cycles before it can no longer perform for at least 18 holes.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I'll be the first to admit I was pretty skeptical about the value of a device like this. But the reviews definitely have me intrigued. It wouldn't be something I'd purchased right now, but if I get to a point where I'm comfortable with my clubs and game, I could see this being very valuable. I played a new-to-me course last weekend and having the scorecard, GPS, and hole overview in one spot would have been a big help. Between a paper scorecard, Grint for a digital scorecard, ShotScope for GPS and a traditional laser, it's almost too much to handle when playing a new course. 

Now, playing at a course I know very well? I can see where this wouldn't be as helpful.

I went into this review with an open mind but if I’m honest a little skeptical. My thinking going in was most players are not good enough (nor am I) to benefit from the information provided. After almost 200 holes I have completely changed that thinking.

For the novice golfer it truly helps as you develop a course management game philosophy. While you may not be able to hit 225 yard 5 irons into a island green within a foot of the cup the device does help you to select the best shot based on your tendencies.

If you play a familiar course one could argue the pin, tees and your ball location changes every time out. This device will help you to really dial in your distances to known course characteristics. I play the same two courses on a regular basis and I can certainly apply a little “dead reckoning” in regards to distance to the flag, hazards and or my desired landing zone. However, the S.C. takes the guess work out and provides a topographical overview no laser range finder can compete with.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Two more rounds using the SkyCaddie. Probably the last for awhile. All the courses are walking only so i relied on it heavily. Very easy and quick. I gave my playing partners (6 feet apart at all times) yardages without even stopping. It is so quick and easy. I am loving this thing.

Yesterday was the first day I had an issue. I lost the connection for a hole. The course I was playing is notorious for poor cell phone connection and wifi has been a little compromised with everyone on line staying at home. It reconnected in a hole, and no problems for the rest of the round.

:callaway-small: Mavrik Max, 9* 
:taylormade-small:Stealth 15* / 18*
:callaway-small: Rogue 4H, 21*
:callaway-small: Steelhead XR 5-AW 
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore 52* / 56*
:odyssey-small: White Hot Versa Seven S , 35"
Many other putters in the bullpen waiting for call

Next week is looking promising to get out again. It has been the coldest month I may have ever experienced over the last month. So I am looking forward to getting back out with the skycaddie. 

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

Going to be a while for me, now. All courses are closed due to the virus. 😡

:callaway-small: Mavrik Max, 9* 
:taylormade-small:Stealth 15* / 18*
:callaway-small: Rogue 4H, 21*
:callaway-small: Steelhead XR 5-AW 
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore 52* / 56*
:odyssey-small: White Hot Versa Seven S , 35"
Many other putters in the bullpen waiting for call

• 2 weeks later...

I got the SX400 last week from SkyGolf and still having some setup issues.  I can't play golf due to COVID-19, but I walked 9 holes and love the device.  I noticed one tee position was incorrect and contacted the support team.  They said my software needed updating from 1.2.5 to 1.2.7.  USB sync was not success and SX400 device was NOT found.  WiFi sync could not find the latest update.  Has anyone else had syncing issues?

:titelist-small: Linksmaster bag  

:titelist-small:  TSR3 11° Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6 stiff

:titelist-small:   TSi2 16.5° and 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 stiff 

:titelist-small:  T200 Utility Build 22° Graphite Design Tour AD 85 HY stiff

:titelist-small:  2021 T200 5-P Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff

:vokey-small:  SM9 48.10F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff52.12F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 120 stiff and 58.10S Jet Black Premium True Temper AMT Black-Black Onyx S300

Scotty Cameron   2022 Special Select Jet Set Newport 34" 350g

ArccosSig.jpg.ebcfd079607adabd46a71d6125ee2ab6.jpg P3 sensor, Caddy Smart grips, and Apple Watch

:titelist-small:  ProV1x

3 hours ago, Play18 said:

I got the SX400 last week from SkyGolf and still having some setup issues.  I can't play golf due to COVID-19, but I walked 9 holes and love the device.  I noticed one tee position was incorrect and contacted the support team.  They said my software needed updating from 1.2.5 to 1.2.7.  USB sync was not success and SX400 device was NOT found.  WiFi sync could not find the latest update.  Has anyone else had syncing issues?

I hope you get to enjoy your new SX400 soon!  I have been on kung flu lock down and haven't used my SX400 in a few weeks--but I did just run an update over WiFi and had no trouble (thankfully no trouble over the past few months either).  One thing is strange though, my device is up to date with version 1.2.5; so maybe SkyCaddie hasn't released 1.2.7 yet?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

7 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

I hope you get to enjoy your new SX400 soon!  I have been on kung flu lock down and haven't used my SX400 in a few weeks--but I did just run an update over WiFi and had no trouble (thankfully no trouble over the past few months either).  One thing is strange though, my device is up to date with version 1.2.5; so maybe SkyCaddie hasn't released 1.2.7 yet?

I contacted support this morning and they apologized for the 1.2.7 update... it was meant for the SX500.  Also, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Caddiesync to update the correct software driver.  The only hole which did not measure the length correctly was a mapping error and SkyGolf will update their maps.

It's good to go now.

My Bushnell v4 Slope died, so I decided to commit to the handheld gps, which replaces my iOS Golfshot.

Thanks for the response.

:vokey-small:  SM9 48.10F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff52.12F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 120 stiff and 58.10S Jet Black Premium True Temper AMT Black-Black Onyx S300

ArccosSig.jpg.ebcfd079607adabd46a71d6125ee2ab6.jpg P3 sensor, Caddy Smart grips, and Apple Watch

Obviously COVID-19 has reduced usage a bit, but I have been fortunate enough to get out and play a few rounds over the last month. I'm still getting along with the device quite well. Now that I'm gaining some familiarity with a few of the courses here in Texas, I find myself going back and forth between the SX400 and Bushnell Tour V3 a bit more. I like using the GPS for tee shots and to develop a clear picture for my approach strategy, but do rely on the Bushnell to get exact yardage to the pin - it simply eliminates some guess work. I also like keeping score on the SX400 since courses have stopped putting scorecards out. I may change that though, I bought myself a very nice log book right after Christmas and I'd really like to start using it more. I just have to remember to put it into my bag... 

Anyway, just thought I'd provide a short update. How's everyone else getting along - testers and those who have since purchased an SX400 or SX500?

• 4 weeks later...

I am really still loving this device. It has been a game changer for me knowing exact distances.

I'll be playing my first round back home on Saturday and I'm curious to see if/how this device will help me around courses I know very well.

• 2 weeks later...

I played the first course back home last Saturday with the SkyCaddie and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. The lack of detail is glaring and makes me wonder a) if they actually did any ground verification on this course and b) if so, why is the mapping so poor?

I'll provide one quick example (I should have snapped some pictures on the course, but I completely spaced). The name of the course is Schifferdecker Golf Course located in Joplin, Missouri.

The first hole at Schifferdecker presents what is probably the most challenging tee shot. From either set of tees you basically have three options: 1) hit it far enough to cut the corner; 2) play to the relatively small sliver of fairway between the trees on the left and water on the right; 3) go the ultra-safe route and play wide left to 18 fairway (making the hole play longer). The most important thing to know when deciding which option to take is how far you need to carry in order to clear a decent-sized tree guarding the left side, but SkyCaddie doesn't include the tree in its map!

IMG_1557.thumb.jpg.1f9a01f9040baad94ebbddd81a6f8b76.jpg

holeno1.png.3cf53026fa989ba6c2bc97869a60e83d.png

Conversely, the third hole shows numerous trees lining both sides of the fairway, but that hole features one of the widest fairways and the number of times I've found myself stymied by a tree could be counted on one hand. The theme continues for the rest of the holes - mostly along the lines of lacking detail.

I can't say I'm surprised that a "small-town" course would receive so little attention in the development of such maps, but I had higher hopes based on SkyCaddie marketing. Playing another course tomorrow with a bunch of friends and will see how SkyCaddie does there - I'll be sure to snap pictures this time as well.

If I were you I’d post this on one of the Sky Caddie support forums.  I have found them to be fairly responsive, although some confusing are lacking answers.  But worth a try.

Woods:  :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max LS 9*,  Ventus Blue 6S / :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S  

Irons: :Takomo: Takomo IRON 101 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX ZipCore 48*, Accra T90i, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER1.2, 355g, :kbs: Tour GPS, 33" w/
image.png.709cedef1b6b981263b7fb0d3abefd71.png Mid Slim 2.0
Bag/Cart: :nike-small: '20 Air Hybrid 2 / :Clicgear: 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2, Swivel kit
Accessories: :Arccos: 360 /  Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized 

1 hour ago, TR1PTIK said:

I played the first course back home last Saturday with the SkyCaddie and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. The lack of detail is glaring and makes me wonder a) if they actually did any ground verification on this course and b) if so, why is the mapping so poor?

I'll provide one quick example (I should have snapped some pictures on the course, but I completely spaced). The name of the course is Schifferdecker Golf Course located in Joplin, Missouri.

The first hole at Schifferdecker presents what is probably the most challenging tee shot. From either set of tees you basically have three options: 1) hit it far enough to cut the corner; 2) play to the relatively small sliver of fairway between the trees on the left and water on the right; 3) go the ultra-safe route and play wide left to 18 fairway (making the hole play longer). The most important thing to know when deciding which option to take is how far you need to carry in order to clear a decent-sized tree guarding the left side, but SkyCaddie doesn't include the tree in its map!

Conversely, the third hole shows numerous trees lining both sides of the fairway, but that hole features one of the widest fairways and the number of times I've found myself stymied by a tree could be counted on one hand. The theme continues for the rest of the holes - mostly along the lines of lacking detail.

I can't say I'm surprised that a "small-town" course would receive so little attention in the development of such maps, but I had higher hopes based on SkyCaddie marketing. Playing another course tomorrow with a bunch of friends and will see how SkyCaddie does there - I'll be sure to snap pictures this time as well.

WOW  that's really interesting.  I think SC customer service could help you out, but I am surprised they left off so much detail.  I, too, play golf in a very small town and it has our course mapped very accurately.  Hope they can get your problem solved soon.

On 4/19/2020 at 4:05 PM, TR1PTIK said:

Obviously COVID-19 has reduced usage a bit, but I have been fortunate enough to get out and play a few rounds over the last month. I'm still getting along with the device quite well. Now that I'm gaining some familiarity with a few of the courses here in Texas, I find myself going back and forth between the SX400 and Bushnell Tour V3 a bit more. I like using the GPS for tee shots and to develop a clear picture for my approach strategy, but do rely on the Bushnell to get exact yardage to the pin - it simply eliminates some guess work. I also like keeping score on the SX400 since courses have stopped putting scorecards out. I may change that though, I bought myself a very nice log book right after Christmas and I'd really like to start using it more. I just have to remember to put it into my bag... 

Anyway, just thought I'd provide a short update. How's everyone else getting along - testers and those who have since purchased an SX400 or SX500?

Corona killed my golf vibe earlier and with the abnormal amount of rain this month (3rd highest total for May in over 100 years), I have played a small fraction of the golf that I usually do this time of year. The few rounds I have gotten in have been flawless on the SkyCaddie side, not saw flawless on the swinging the club side 😆.  The scorecard side is nice, but I have been using Arccos to track my stats now that they seem to eliminated the bugs that I had trouble with.  Going to test the SkyCaddie next week at a new course!  So far it has been a life saver for me.  The data is on the money!

Gameday
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120

Classic Bag

3 hours ago, dbdors said:

If I were you I’d post this on one of the Sky Caddie support forums.  I have found them to be fairly responsive, although some confusing are lacking answers.  But worth a try.

Honestly, it wouldn't be worth it for me personally. I no longer live in the area and have enough familiarity with the course to not be concerned, but I wanted to document and share for the review thread. If I find that I'm really bored one day, maybe I'll go through all 18 holes and provide some potential mapping updates to SkyCaddie.

6 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Good grief there's no easing into the round on that course 😬. It surprises me that they haven't shown that lovely tree on the map, it really does look like a major feature and I think I would have threatened to cut it down more than once 😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

I’ve posted 15 rounds at my course and disappointed with the SX400 thus far. Half of the rounds wouldn’t let me measure shots, freeze during the round or shutdown. I’ve had to use Golfshot iOS Apple Watch as a backup. Not sure if I want to keep using it.

On 5/28/2020 at 9:07 PM, Play18 said:

I’ve posted 15 rounds at my course and disappointed with the SX400 thus far. Half of the rounds wouldn’t let me measure shots, freeze during the round or shutdown. I’ve had to use Golfshot iOS Apple Watch as a backup. Not sure if I want to keep using it.

Have you tried Sky Caddie's customer service?  Really sounds like you got a lemon. 

Gameday

Classic Bag

Have you tried Sky Caddie's customer service?  Really sounds like you got a lemon. 

Thanks. I’ll call them tomorrow. I’m a former user of the handheld and watch and happy with their performances. I’m kinda bummed that I got the SX400 prior to the amazing MGS SX400, storage case and skin deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, Play18 said:

Thanks. I’ll call them tomorrow. I’m a former user of the handheld and watch and happy with their performances. I’m kinda bummed that I got the SX400 prior to the amazing MGS SX400, storage case and skin deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agreed, I have not experience any freezing.

Woods:  :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max LS 9*,  Ventus Blue 6S / :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S  

Irons: :Takomo: Takomo IRON 101 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX ZipCore 48*, Accra T90i, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER1.2, 355g, :kbs: Tour GPS, 33" w/
image.png.709cedef1b6b981263b7fb0d3abefd71.png Mid Slim 2.0
Bag/Cart: :nike-small: '20 Air Hybrid 2 / :Clicgear: 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2, Swivel kit
Accessories: :Arccos: 360 /  Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized