TESTERS WANTED! ×

Club cleaning brush - Grooveit

Must be a new company, but I was randomly tweeted at tonight by Grooveit.  Had never heard of the product before so checked out their website.  https://www.grooveitbrush.com/

I currently use a Frogger brush and it works fine, but there are times where some water on the club would be nice to help clean it.  I clean my irons and wedges after every shot and towel usually doesn't stay wet long enough in the summer to get through a 9.

So for those not wanting to click the link, this is a brush with a liquid holder built in to it.  Give it a quick squeeze and then brush the club.  Seems pretty cool and one of those "Why hasn't anyone else done this before" ideas.  Was going to just buy one, it's only $20, but then I saw the $8 shipping and backed off.  I'm too spoiled by Amazon Prime to spend almost half the price of the product to get it sent to me.

Ok that's the end of my ramble.  Just thought it looked cool and wanted to share 🙂

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I got the same tweet so I'm thinking they've sent it out to people who follow someone particular. I also use the Frogger brush but I have a wet microfiber towel to take care of the wet issue.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I've carried a small brass bristle brush on my bag for years. It's probably 2" square and cost only about $2 - $3 dollars I recall. I purchased several of them and throw them away ever 2 years or so after they get over used. Like meyer summer is a problem keeping a towel wet but there's always a water can or pond close by I can dip my towel in. The Grooveit is a little bulky for my tastes.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Interesting concept.  I personally like using a wet towel and small plastic bristle brush.  I pretty much wipe my club off after each shot. My initial thoughts on this is that once the brush gets loaded up with wet muck, you'll need to use lots more of the limited water supply.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 1/7/2020 at 10:17 PM, hckymeyer said:

Must be a new company, but I was randomly tweeted at tonight by Grooveit.  Had never heard of the product before so checked out their website.  https://www.grooveitbrush.com/

I currently use a Frogger brush and it works fine, but there are times where some water on the club would be nice to help clean it.  I clean my irons and wedges after every shot and towel usually doesn't stay wet long enough in the summer to get through a 9.

So for those not wanting to click the link, this is a brush with a liquid holder built in to it.  Give it a quick squeeze and then brush the club.  Seems pretty cool and one of those "Why hasn't anyone else done this before" ideas.  Was going to just buy one, it's only $20, but then I saw the $8 shipping and backed off.  I'm too spoiled by Amazon Prime to spend almost half the price of the product to get it sent to me.

Ok that's the end of my ramble.  Just thought it looked cool and wanted to share 🙂

They sent me a message on Instagram, but I just deleted it. I get along just fine with a standard brush and if I need some moisture to assist, I always have water on me or can simply drum up a small bit of saliva. 🤷‍♂️

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Count me among the intrigued, but like @hckymeyer, unwilling to part with $28 for a club brush. I'm a stiff nylon brush guy (I hate the way the metal bristles snag bags, towels, etc.). And the Frogger brush showed me the joy of the retractable lanyard.

I've tended to be a spit-and-brush guy, and while it certainly works, I wouldn't mind switching to a process that's a little more refined. The magnet idea (instead of the lanyard) is also appealing; the review of the Precision Pro NX9 HD, with its strong magnet, proved to me that a good magnet can hold up to the bumps of navigating a course.

So there are good ideas here; they're about one free shipping promotion from getting a sale from me.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

I have been using a bottle brush for years.  The Groove Tube is available from Amazon for about $8.  I don't use it in the winter because the water freezes in it and split the tube (actually happened).  My old stand-by is spit and and old towel.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 weeks later...

So I ordered one of these shortly after reading this thread. The owner is super friendly and he shipped my order out quick. Upon receipt, I immediately noticed the quality construction and I filled it up and put it on my bag. I used it yesterday for the first time and it is worth every penny IMO. The amount of water it applies is perfect and the bristles are firm enough to thoroughly clean club faces. And the magnet they use? Super strong and convenient! I had a Frogger brush before this, which I paid $20 for locally so paying another $7 for a brush that’s WAY better was not an issue. And if you all weren’t aware it has an absurd 3 year warranty. As far as club brushes go, you’d be hard pressed to find a better option!

IMG_0816.thumb.JPG.98904a5978e3922f75e4c7041988c910.JPG

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

4 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

So I ordered one of these shortly after reading this thread. The owner is super friendly and he shipped my order out quick. Upon receipt, I immediately noticed the quality construction and I filled it up and put it on my bag. I used it yesterday for the first time and it is worth every penny IMO. The amount of water it applies is perfect and the bristles are firm enough to thoroughly clean club faces. And the magnet they use? Super strong and convenient! I had a Frogger brush before this, which I paid $20 for locally so paying another $7 for a brush that’s WAY better was not an issue. And if you all weren’t aware it has an absurd 3 year warranty. As far as club brushes go, you’d be hard pressed to find a better option!

Awesome, thanks for sharing.  I've shown it to a few buddies so we are going to do a group order as it gets closer to golf season.  I talked to the owner and he can cram 4-5 in a box for the same shipping cost.

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you considering scooping up a GrooveIt club brush, they recently dropped shipping to $4.85 and last I checked they're $24.84 shipped!

• 3 weeks later...

Last night, the Grooveit Twitter account was passing out $5 off discount codes. He told me he was doing the same on Instagram. Not sure if they're still available, but with that and the shipping drop that @mr.hicksta mentioned, the shipped price is now under $20, which is (just) OK by me. I picked one up last night, and I'm honestly looking forward to two things: the magnet (I currently have a retractable lanyard) and not having to spit on my clubs this season.

Full WITB with pictures

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Last night, the Grooveit Twitter account was passing out $5 off discount codes. He told me he was doing the same on Instagram. Not sure if they're still available, but with that and the shipping drop that @mr.hicksta mentioned, the shipped price is now under $20, which is (just) OK by me. I picked one up last night, and I'm honestly looking forward to two things: the magnet (I currently have a retractable lanyard) and not having to spit on my clubs this season.

I saw that and I'm glad you pulled the trigger! I actually lost mine a couple weeks ago so I had to order another one and I gifted @yungkory one as well. The one thing with the magnet is to make sure it's fully seated and you'll feel the ridge once you reconnect it. Mine fell off thanks to A) not being fully seated and B) bumpy cart paths. I don't lose much on the golf course so it bummed me out to not be able to find it, but I believe in this product so I gladly purchased another one. Hope you enjoy yours when it arrives!

• 3 weeks later...

I need one of these.... I hope they have another discount soon. I agree with @hckymeyer on the shipping cost. 

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Purchased the Grooveit tool based on this thread. Had my fair share of worthless golf product purchases....but, this is not one of them!!

This tool is awesome! Love it. Great job Grooveit!

:titleist-small: TSR2 - Ventus Red, 6X

:titleist-small: TSR2 3W - Ventus Red, 7X

:titleist-small: TSR2 5W - Ventus Red TR, 8X

:mizuno-small: JPX 223 Tour PW-7i/JPX 223 Forged 6i-4i - Nippon Modus 130X

:taylormade-small: MG3 - 50, 54, 58* -  Nippon Modus 130X

:scotty-small: Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura X5 

:titleist-small: Titleist Prov1

I have received mine as well and I'm generally impressed so far. We're still quite a ways out from getting on the course here, so I'll report back once I have opportunity to use it for real.

Two observations so far. The first is that the GrooveIt forced me to think about something that I never had to think about before: making sure I didn't leave my club brush in the garage with my clubs during the winter. Presumably, if there is water in the reservoir, you'd risk it breaking when it freezes.

Second, I'm slightly nervous about the feel when I screw the brush head on to the handle. The threads are plastic, and it feels (I have not tried to test it) that overtightening would strip the threads. I could be wrong, but that part of it doesn't give me the best feedback.

But the functionality has been promising so far: the sprayer works, the bristles are stout. The magnet seems strong. I'm looking forward to giving it a run, and it'll get a good test in the muddy spring we have once the snow melts.

Full WITB with pictures

3 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I have received mine as well and I'm generally impressed so far. We're still quite a ways out from getting on the course here, so I'll report back once I have opportunity to use it for real.

Two observations so far. The first is that the GrooveIt forced me to think about something that I never had to think about before: making sure I didn't leave my club brush in the garage with my clubs during the winter. Presumably, if there is water in the reservoir, you'd risk it breaking when it freezes.

Second, I'm slightly nervous about the feel when I screw the brush head on to the handle. The threads are plastic, and it feels (I have not tried to test it) that overtightening would strip the threads. I could be wrong, but that part of it doesn't give me the best feedback.

But the functionality has been promising so far: the sprayer works, the bristles are stout. The magnet seems strong. I'm looking forward to giving it a run, and it'll get a good test in the muddy spring we have once the snow melts.

I think the threads should hold up, since it's plastic on both ends vs. one of them being metal.

Just make sure that magnet is fully seated when you put it back on your bag -- especially when you're riding. The magnet is strong, but it can fail if there's a gap. Also, don't pinch your finger in it when you're making sure it's sealed. Don't ask how I know that.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I was sitting on a plane waiting to take off when I saw the Twitter discounts, a quick DM and one order later and it was on the way.  Came in a couple weeks ago and I thought the build quality looked good.

Hopefully my course will open in the next couple weeks and I'll get a chance to put it through it's paces.

• 3 months later...
On 2/20/2020 at 9:45 AM, mr.hicksta said:

I saw that and I'm glad you pulled the trigger! I actually lost mine a couple weeks ago so I had to order another one and I gifted @yungkory one as well. The one thing with the magnet is to make sure it's fully seated and you'll feel the ridge once you reconnect it. Mine fell off thanks to A) not being fully seated and B) bumpy cart paths. I don't lose much on the golf course so it bummed me out to not be able to find it, but I believe in this product so I gladly purchased another one. Hope you enjoy yours when it arrives!

I lost mine as well...at the driving range none the less, as well as the first time using it.  The magnet in the brush end had come loose, so I put the magnet back in and connected it to the bag end of the other magnet and walked to my truck telling myself that I would add some glue to it when I got home...only to find it missing when I got home.  I called and went back to the course, but no one turned it in.  I've been golfing since 2001, and the integrity of people has gone way down in this game.

Anyway, I emailed the company and they replaced it for free...I only had to pay shipping since that is handled by a third party.  I did enjoy the quality of the brush (bristles) for the short time I got to use it, and do look forward to receiving my new one shortly.  

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

• 8 months later...

Bumping this thread since they've released the new version. They made a few changes that improved durability and the brushes are effective as ever. Still worth it if you're looking for an all-in-one club cleaning solution! 

2 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

Bumping this thread since they've released the new version. They made a few changes that improved durability and the brushes are effective as ever. Still worth it if you're looking for an all-in-one club cleaning solution! 

Agree. I had the original one until I hit some bumps on the course and it fell off and I don’t realize it til later on in the round. Bought the new one when they announce the pre release 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Agree. I had the original one until I hit some bumps on the course and it fell off and I don’t realize it til later on in the round. Bought the new one when they announce the pre release 

Sturdier housing and stronger magnet are the main improvements IMO. A high quality accessory for sure! 

52 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

Sturdier housing and stronger magnet are the main improvements IMO. A high quality accessory for sure! 

Agree. I was impressed when it came in

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 1 month later...

I actually searched to see if anyone had done an unofficial member review of this before I did one.

I purchased one off of John Sherman's Practical Golf website a few months ago.  I've played 2 rounds with it so far (I know, I don't get to play enough 😧).  I have used it a few time as well during practice.  It is a gem.  I've had the metal/nylon brush combos before but I hate how the metal bristles get stuck in towels and poke you if you aren't paying attention.

I'll do a full review soon with pics, video, etc.

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

• 3 weeks later...

I saw this on Twitter recently and decided to give it a try since wet towels dry out after a couple of holes in the summer here.

There was a wait list 😳 but I got it in about 10 days and I used it this weekend. I’m super impressed by this little thing, just a couple of pumps and it applies the perfect amount of water and the bristles are nice and firm. LOVE the magnet design, I can grab it...clean the club and it snaps back onto its magnetic holder when you get it anywhere near the other end.

88F69472-8EC6-4A7D-8927-81913C4D48AB.jpeg

A30C6C4C-3E7D-4EF9-9C06-DDB52DCE0879.jpeg

64AA5DF7-845E-4C50-88E3-BD6EE08D5379.jpeg

418C096F-2EB2-4584-B003-EAAEFC420CEE.jpeg

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

On 5/9/2021 at 8:41 AM, TBT said:

I saw this on Twitter recently and decided to give it a try since wet towels dry out after a couple of holes in the summer here.

There was a wait list 😳 but I got it in about 10 days and I used it this weekend. I’m super impressed by this little thing, just a couple of pumps and it applies the perfect amount of water and the bristles are nice and firm. LOVE the magnet design, I can grab it...clean the club and it snaps back onto its magnetic holder when you get it anywhere near the other end.

Was It this tweet from Joel Dahmen!? He was fielding questions while on a plane and got asked this. Made me laugh.

image.png.224a8a17b6f24d35e532175370cb4cfe.png

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2021 at 8:41 AM, TBT said:

I have one as well and love it.  I've probably played 5 rounds with it so far.  Some riding a cart some walking, and the magnet is very strong.  I was going to do a full unofficial review on it soon. 

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1