TESTERS WANTED! ×

Your action has a nice rhythmn. Are you following Christo Garcia's program or building a Hoganesque swing yourself with "5 Lessons"?

Sent from my SM-N920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My :1590477705_SunMountain: C-130 cart bag currently includes;

Driver: :srixon-small: z565 10.5*, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6 S-Flex
Fairways:  :callaway-small: X-Hot 15* & 18*, Project X PXv R-Flex
Irons: :benhogan-small:Apex Plus, 4-PW, Apex S4-Flex
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CG10; 50*, 54*, 58*, Dynamic Gold W-flex 

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro Blade #2
Grips: Golf Pride MCC-Plus 4 & Lamkin UTx
Ball: Kirkland Signature 3-Piece 

I don't mean to be a horses ass or anything but... 

As brief as the video is and starting just from your split-second address position; you look nothing like Hogan. I've always thought that if I were to only see Hogans address/setup position I'd recognize him in the dark.  You're not there yet but it's a worthy position to emulate. Keep working on it. Oh, and BTW... you might try wearing an Ivy or Hogan cap. 🏌️‍♂️

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

@PlaidJacket No problem my friend, any and all comments are welcome. I am going to be posting my Tiger swing soon, love your feedback on that too, positive or negative. I will have to find me one of those Hogan hats. Maybe that is the secret? lol Here is my Tiger swing that will be posting

image0 (1).gif

Edited by theeaglequest

Looks good!  

Only critique I’d add (from a former PGA Assistant) is to be careful not to sway too much onto your left side prior to impact. Besides that I think you have a good foundation to build off of going forward. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

13 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Looks good!  

Only critique I’d add (from a former PGA Assistant) is to be careful not to sway too much onto your left side prior to impact. Besides that I think you have a good foundation to build off of going forward. 

Thanks my friend! I am also going to post my Tiger swing and my Bobby Jones swing. Here is my Tiger swing so far 

image0 (1).gif

1 hour ago, PlaidJacket said:

As brief as the video is and starting just from your split-second address position; you look nothing like Hogan. I've always thought that if I were to only see Hogans address/setup position I'd recognize him in the dark.  You're not there yet but it's a worthy position to emulate. Keep working on it. Oh, and BTW... you might try wearing an Ivy or Hogan cap. 🏌️‍♂️

1 hour ago, PlaidJacket said:

No problem my friend, any and all comments are welcome. I am going to be posting my Tiger swing soon, love your feedback on that too, positive or negative. I will have to find me one of those Hogan hats. Maybe that is the secret? lol Here is my Tiger swing that will be posting

image0 (1).gif

2 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Your action has a nice rhythmn. Are you following Christo Garcia's program or building a Hoganesque swing yourself with "5 Lessons"?

Sent from my SM-N920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Hello BJ and thank you! No I am not following Christo's program but we have shared info with each for almost 10 years. I just emailed him this swing to get his feedback. Christo is a great guy and a very knowledgeable Hogan expert. I have a bit of a different approach than Christo but they are different paths going in the same direction. I also share info with a gentleman named Darius who has videos on Youtube under H1e2X3. You may have already watched them. 

Are you attempting to emulate these swings (Hogan, Woods, Jones) to see what performs best?  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

8 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Are you attempting to emulate these swings (Hogan, Woods, Jones) to see what performs best?  

Mostly out of curiosity and the joy of the pursuit.  In the end I think you are right, because I will see the pros/cons and similarities of each. So in a way I will learn what preforms the best although I lack each of talent of these giant so in the end I will not offer much in the way of which is better lol

Edited by theeaglequest

4 hours ago, theeaglequest said:

Here is my Tiger swing that will be posting

My goodness.... if you had worn a red shirt I'd have sworn you were Tiger. 😋

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

55 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

My goodness.... if you had worn a red shirt I'd have sworn you were Tiger. 😋

I thought that one looked more like Hogan than the Hogan swing.  😎

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

3 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I thought that one looked more like Hogan than the Hogan swing.  😎

Lol well golf is surprisingly a game of opposites. I think I am getting closer to Hogan and I am actually getting closer to Tiger. I wish looks worked that way, the more I am thinking I am getting uglier....well I actually do lol