Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

Working on developing the masters legendary swing. Here is my progress so far in pursuit of Mr Ben Hogan. All comments welcome

 

animated.GIF

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your action has a nice rhythmn. Are you following Christo Garcia's program or building a Hoganesque swing yourself with "5 Lessons"?

Sent from my SM-N920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mean to be a horses ass or anything but... 

As brief as the video is and starting just from your split-second address position; you look nothing like Hogan. I've always thought that if I were to only see Hogans address/setup position I'd recognize him in the dark.  You're not there yet but it's a worthy position to emulate. Keep working on it. Oh, and BTW... you might try wearing an Ivy or Hogan cap. 🏌️‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@PlaidJacket No problem my friend, any and all comments are welcome. I am going to be posting my Tiger swing soon, love your feedback on that too, positive or negative. I will have to find me one of those Hogan hats. Maybe that is the secret? lol Here is my Tiger swing that will be posting

image0 (1).gif

Edited by theeaglequest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good!  
 

Only critique I’d add (from a former PGA Assistant) is to be careful not to sway too much onto your left side prior to impact. Besides that I think you have a good foundation to build off of going forward. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Looks good!  
 

Only critique I’d add (from a former PGA Assistant) is to be careful not to sway too much onto your left side prior to impact. Besides that I think you have a good foundation to build off of going forward. 

Thanks my friend! I am also going to post my Tiger swing and my Bobby Jones swing. Here is my Tiger swing so far 

image0 (1).gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PlaidJacket said:

I don't mean to be a horses ass or anything but... 

As brief as the video is and starting just from your split-second address position; you look nothing like Hogan. I've always thought that if I were to only see Hogans address/setup position I'd recognize him in the dark.  You're not there yet but it's a worthy position to emulate. Keep working on it. Oh, and BTW... you might try wearing an Ivy or Hogan cap. 🏌️‍♂️

1 hour ago, PlaidJacket said:

I don't mean to be a horses ass or anything but... 

As brief as the video is and starting just from your split-second address position; you look nothing like Hogan. I've always thought that if I were to only see Hogans address/setup position I'd recognize him in the dark.  You're not there yet but it's a worthy position to emulate. Keep working on it. Oh, and BTW... you might try wearing an Ivy or Hogan cap. 🏌️‍♂️

No problem my friend, any and all comments are welcome. I am going to be posting my Tiger swing soon, love your feedback on that too, positive or negative. I will have to find me one of those Hogan hats. Maybe that is the secret? lol Here is my Tiger swing that will be posting

image0 (1).gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Your action has a nice rhythmn. Are you following Christo Garcia's program or building a Hoganesque swing yourself with "5 Lessons"?

Sent from my SM-N920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app
 

Hello BJ and thank you! No I am not following Christo's program but we have shared info with each for almost 10 years. I just emailed him this swing to get his feedback. Christo is a great guy and a very knowledgeable Hogan expert. I have a bit of a different approach than Christo but they are different paths going in the same direction. I also share info with a gentleman named Darius who has videos on Youtube under H1e2X3. You may have already watched them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you attempting to emulate these swings (Hogan, Woods, Jones) to see what performs best?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Are you attempting to emulate these swings (Hogan, Woods, Jones) to see what performs best?  

Mostly out of curiosity and the joy of the pursuit.  In the end I think you are right, because I will see the pros/cons and similarities of each. So in a way I will learn what preforms the best although I lack each of talent of these giant so in the end I will not offer much in the way of which is better lol

Edited by theeaglequest
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, theeaglequest said:

Here is my Tiger swing that will be posting

My goodness.... if you had worn a red shirt I'd have sworn you were Tiger. 😋

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

My goodness.... if you had worn a red shirt I'd have sworn you were Tiger. 😋

I thought that one looked more like Hogan than the Hogan swing.  😎

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

My goodness.... if you had worn a red shirt I'd have sworn you were Tiger. 😋

Haha I am far to ugly and untalented. My golf career and success with women speak for my utter failure to be a Tiger! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I thought that one looked more like Hogan than the Hogan swing.  😎

Lol well golf is surprisingly a game of opposites. I think I am getting closer to Hogan and I am actually getting closer to Tiger. I wish looks worked that way, the more I am thinking I am getting uglier....well I actually do lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...