Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Footjoy DNA Helix -> TOUR S -> Tour X

Stanks

Straight up. I've only owned two pairs of spiked style shoes for our wonderful game. 

1. Adidas Samba Pro Golf Shoes - Insanely comfortable though a bit rigid and slightly informal looking. These feel more like spikeless than anything. That being said, the spikes are a lot lower and don't give that grip you'd expect. Had to retire because they're beat up. 

2. Underarmour Spieth 2s - I didn't mind these. I wrecked a few greens with them though. I have slightly heavy feet and don't always pick them up all the way onto the next step but had to retire because they were getting beat up.

So my next pair of spikes is going to be from the footjoy family and I am wondering if anyone has input from the DNA Helix or Tour S shoes? Tour X was released on Footjoys website but, information is a bit scarce considering PGA show is due up in a week or two. 

I don't buy anything but Skechers now.  I've worn many pair of Footjoy in my time, but nothing can compare to the comfort of Skechers golf shoes.  I own five pair of Skechers I love them so much.

The last pair of Footjoy I overpaid for, the heels in the shoe would rip my white socks to shreds.  Pissed me off something fierce.  Worst pair of shoes I ever bought, and also the most expensive, as I think I paid $130 for them.  They were the blue and white Footjoy Freestyle shoes.  Here is link to them.

https://www.worldwidegolfshops.com/FJ-Mens-Freestyle-Golf-Shoes/10133446/Product?ad_id=UUgoogle&CAWELAID=120074380000060789&CATARGETID=120074380000082430&CADevice=c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiKXgzfz35gIVS__jBx27tQ3GEAkYAyABEgIugvD_BwE

Like I said, it's Skechers for me and nothing else.  

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Straight up. I've only owned two pairs of spiked style shoes for our wonderful game. 
1. Adidas Samba Pro Golf Shoes - Insanely comfortable though a bit rigid and slightly informal looking. These feel more like spikeless than anything. That being said, the spikes are a lot lower and don't give that grip you'd expect. Had to retire because they're beat up. 
2. Underarmour Spieth 2s - I didn't mind these. I wrecked a few greens with them though. I have slightly heavy feet and don't always pick them up all the way onto the next step but had to retire because they were getting beat up.
So my next pair of spikes is going to be from the footjoy family and I am wondering if anyone has input from the DNA Helix or Tour S shoes? Tour X was released on Footjoys website but, information is a bit scarce considering PGA show is due up in a week or two. 

Can't comment on the Helix, however, I have a couple of Hyperflex 2.0 (soft spikes) that have been great. The pair of Pro SL spikeless I've had since last spring have been great as well. I tend to wear the spikeless on days when the course is wet because I also have heavy feet and don't want to damage greens with soft spikes.

I've tried other brands and FJs work best right out of the box. FYI I always buy shoes this time of year when last year's model have big markdowns.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I suppose for the time being anyway - I don't wear "golf shoes" any longer. In 2019 I wore a pair of Sketchers athletic style walking shoes with a flat but gripping sole. Anyway... very comfortable and about $35-$40/pair from the local Sketchers Outlet store. After a few rounds I liked the comfort so much I bought another pair to keep in reserve. These types of shoes don't damage the green like soft-spikes. Unfortunately not enough players wear shoes of this style. Now, I will say that these shoes do not provide much lateral support. However, the courses I play in and around the area where I live are fairly flat. Our climate is pretty dry as well. The only time I've encountered an issue was with an awkward stance on steeply sloping areas in and around a green or a bunker. But if you play in the fairway like I do (uh huh 🏌️‍♂️) you'll have no problem. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

1 hour ago, PlaidJacket said:

However, the courses I play in and around the area where I live are fairly flat. Our climate is pretty dry as well. The only time I've encountered an issue was with an awkward stance on steeply sloping areas in and around a green or a bunker. But if you play in the fairway like I do (uh huh 🏌️‍♂️) you'll have no problem. 

Perhaps that's the difference. In northwest Ohio we play on hilly courses and a fair amount of time the grass is wet and we have steep bunkers, so I'll take all the support I can get.  

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Some interesting input here gents.

i should state that my current and lost used gamers are my Ecco Biom Hybrid 2s and they are great for what they are but, spikes are desired.

I’m playing in SoCal. Tight lies, beat up tee boxes, hard greens, hard packed bunkers, and brutal rough at Torrey and clubs all around me. Spikeless are good and comfortable but, spiked are desired in a lot of situations. 

I’ll be visiting the store this afternoon and trying all of these shoes on. My Edwin watts is very well stocked. 

My home course is hilly, even in the fairways, so lateral stability is a must.  I have found Adidas Tour Boost to be the best for me.  I have four pairs I rotate through when playing and practice.  I even purchased a pair of spikeless for indoor winter practise so there is consistency.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

I can't comment on the DNA Helix; Footjoy shoes and I don't get along very well.  I can wear Adidas, Skechers and True Linkswear.  However, my wife bought a pair of the FJ DNA shoes for women in October and she loves them.  They do leave spike impressions in the green deeper than most any other spiked shoe I've seen.  I actually heard that some courses have banned them, but not my muni.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I can't comment on the DNA Helix; Footjoy shoes and I don't get along very well.  I can wear Adidas, Skechers and True Linkswear.  However, my wife bought a pair of the FJ DNA shoes for women in October and she loves them.  They do leave spike impressions in the green deeper than most any other spiked shoe I've seen.  I actually heard that some courses have banned them, but not my muni.

Kenny when it's time to change out her spikes you might want to get her the contour spikes they are a bit more forgiving on the greens then some of the other profiles.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 1/10/2020 at 11:23 AM, Stanks said:

My Edwin watts is very well stocked. 

That's because they are overpriced.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

• 5 months later...

I have the tour S that I picked up on ebay for a steal and they are comfortable and stable.

It doesn't look like a comfortable shoe but it was way more comfortable than I expected. The stability is what really set it apart though.

An alternative footjoy shoe to look at is the fury. It's slightly less stable but excellent when it comes to comfort 

Right Handed

Taylormade sim2 9 degree ventus black 7x ( velecore) 44.5

Callaway epic flash sz 5 wood 17 degree tensi AV blue X

Mizuno CLK 19 degree tensi av blue X

Callaway x forged 16 4-pw Project x 6.0 +.75

Vokey SM7 black 50/54/58 Project x 6.0 flighted +.5 length 

Scotty cameron newport 2.6 34 length