Alf. S

Golf Grips Recommendations.

Our Sponsors

What golf grips do you use and why?

• Like 1

Currently I'm using Golf Pride MCC 4 Plus on all my irons, I bought into the idea of having less taper for my right hand. After a year I'm thinking of re-griping.

I also used the Lamkin Plus 3GEN wedge grips on my wedges which I really liked but can't get them in the UK any more.

I was looking to re-grip over the winter and bought a set of Lamkin Crosslines for the irons and and Crossline 1100 wedge grips for my wedges. I've re-gripped the wedges but seem to have lost a bit of feeling when chipping so may postpone the full set re-grip until I do a bit of consumer research.

In my head I'm thinking of going for a lighter/softer feel grip.

Winn Dri Tac maybe my next option!

Edited by Alf. S
  • Like 1

I am using IOmic 2.3 so far I like how tacky they are.

• Like 1

Good ole Lamkin Crossline - midsized on all my irons. No issues so far. Mixed bag with driver and fairway - really need new grips, honestly. 

Oh, and put a new Golf Pride Pro Only green on the putter, which I really like! 

• Like 3

just got a GP Tour wrap on an ebay club I bought- beautiful grip, so soft, yet firm and tacky. I'm getting my wedges done in the midsize of this....in WHITE!

• Like 2

GP Tour Wrap 2G.

Soft. tacks up wirh a quick wipe of a damp towel,  easy on my hands and affordable.  They seem to be durable as well.

• Like 4

Lamkin Crossline 360 on my irons right now, but if I decide to replace them I'll go with the Golf Pride Align that is on my driver. I really like the ridge on the back for consistency in my grip.

I also have the MCC +4 on my wedges, love these grips for the more delicate shots around the greens. I started using them by accident, I bought a Bridgestone wedge and didn't realize I'd ordered the +4. I liked the look of the multi compound grip and then I had to replace the one in my lob wedge.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

... I have never used a glove so tack is king for me. After many years of Lamkin REL 3gen I transitioned to UTx grips. The originals were too soft but the next generation worked out great for me. I keep a wet towel and wipe my grips before every or every other shot and they stay extremely tacky with a good feel that is not too firm or too soft but right in the middle. I have the Grey UTx on all my clubs. 

• Like 6

My go to grip is GP MCC+4. Good tackiness in hot humid summers (when I don't wear a glove.)

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I've been bouncing around between grips, but nearly all of them are some form of textured grip; Crossline, Crossline Black, Pure Pro, and Star Sidewinder.  Moving away from the Pure Pro, find it less good when they get a bit damp.  Star Sidewinder is the current fave.

The search is for something that I can play when we get our gulf coast weather each summer, but still works when it's cooler and drier.  Not a cord fan, though I ironically have a set on my MP37s (came with them), they tend to feel slick to me when it's drier.  First try with leather was similar, great when hot & humid, not so much in cool/dry?

Been playing with a glove, maybe results would be different gloveless?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pulledabill said:

GP Tour Wrap 2G.

Soft. tacks up wirh a quick wipe of a damp towel,  easy on my hands and affordable.  They seem to be durable as well.

Same here, I've been using them for years.  

• Like 2

The UTx are probably my favorite all-around grip, however I have some MCC Aligns on my irons and I have to say I really like them.

• Like 3

Just ordered new irons and have the Lamkin Crossline Midsize in all of them. Recently changed to midsize on my driver and like the feeling so going to be interesting if I'll need to adjust the standard gripper wedges I have for more touch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

I got turned on to Pure simply for the air re-gripping. I started with the Pure Pro and have moved over to their cord type grip, the DTX. They've become the only grip I'll use because of the cord like design and it doesn't tear up my hands because I don't wear a glove.

• Like 3

I have used GP Tour Wrap for the last 10 years whenever I regrip or if I have a choice of grip. This is primarily because of the tacky feel.
The issue I have noticed is when it gets wet or my hands get sweaty these things get slick and since I normally don't wear a glove this has started to bother me this past season. I have a backup set I just put some Amazon Karma grips on for $12/13 grips and they work pretty well but just bought a couple Maltby clubs used with The MMC grips and those are really nice. Haven't played with those in any wet condition though.

Using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I currently use the Golf Pride Z Cord and MCC Plus 4 grips.  I will be switching to all Golf Pride Z Cord Align this spring though.  I have always loved cord grips and Golf Pride makes the best cord grips.  I do wish they would come back out with the older cord grips with the green grip reminder lines. 

• Like 2

I like the UTx. However I have put on some of the Superstroke S-tech grips and they seem to very nice feeling. Softer than TJ w UTX, but still on the former side which I like. 

50E1EF05-1B4D-43DD-A65F-CC298C07ACD5.png

Edited by Kor.A.Door
Add photo
  • Like 2

I use the Cobra Connect version of the Lamkin REL 3gen.  I was using the regular RELs before that (and still have a bunch in my garage).  Just bought a bunch of the CC RELs off eBay.  Love the feel, how they get a little tacky when wet and how they clean up well with a damp rag.

Alright I don't mean to hijack the thread with my own question but it slightly applies. I ordered new irons with Lamkin Midsize Grips. The clubs came in today and I noticed it said standard grips on them. Long story short they +4 wrapped it and put standard grips overtop. I have heard this comes out to be the same, generally. Any thoughts on whether I should go back to fitter to have midsize installed or just rock with the +4 standard.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Any thoughts on whether I should go back to fitter to have midsize installed or just rock with the +4 standard.

How do they feel to you? I wouldn't be pleased that they not actually mid sized grips, but, if they feel good I'd play them but let them know all the same.

• Like 1